Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/17/23 1:57 p.m.
feature_image

Motocross rider, rally car driver and viral motorsports star Travis Pastrana is set to compete in the 2023 Daytona 500 behind the wheel of the No. 67 Black Rifle Coffee Company Toyota Camry TRD. He'll race for 23XI Racing as a teammate to Bubba Wallace and Tyler Reddick.

Although Pastrana has a 25-year motorsports career under his belt–including over 40 starts …

Read the rest of the story

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/17/23 2:35 p.m.

So no Subaru Legacy in the 500 sad

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/23 2:40 p.m.

I want backflips.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/17/23 5:07 p.m.

In reply to adam525i :

I always thought it would be fun to see more manufacturers like BMW or Mercedes-Benz enter NASCAR, but I love the idea of a Subaru Legacy stock car.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/17/23 5:31 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

I always thought it would be fun to see more manufacturers like BMW or Mercedes-Benz enter NASCAR, but I love the idea of a Subaru Legacy stock car.

Maybe if NASCAR and IMSA actually went back to racing stock cars, we could see more of this. 

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
1/17/23 6:07 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

With 10 minutes and the magic of stickers they could. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
1/17/23 7:04 p.m.

BRCC is sponsoring a car?!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/23 7:09 p.m.

Naskhana. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
1/17/23 7:38 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

Maybe if NASCAR and IMSA actually went back to racing stock cars, we could see more of this. 

The gt and tcr cars in imsa are all production based

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/18/23 1:25 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

https://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/a-jaguar-wins-a-nascar-race/

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/23 7:44 a.m.

Was hoping to hear if the Huckster was going to make an appearance. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 7:58 a.m.

He's been solid in the past at restrictor plate tracks (in lower series). 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/18/23 1:21 p.m.
MotorsportsGordon said:
DirtyBird222 said:
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

Maybe the body is, but that is it. I doubt you could find many replacement parts for those cars at your local dealer. 

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
1/18/23 1:24 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 said:

BRCC is sponsoring a car?!

They have been for a while.  Xfinity series primarily, but some associate sponsorships in Cup last year.  

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
1/18/23 4:35 p.m.
kevinatfms said:

Was hoping to hear if the Huckster was going to make an appearance. 

I think the Huckster, the Nacho Man, and Scheme Gene are under contract to WCW. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
1/18/23 11:53 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
MotorsportsGordon said:
DirtyBird222 said:
Colin Wood said:

In reply to adam525i :

Maybe the body is, but that is it. I doubt you could find many replacement parts for those cars at your local dealer. 

Well gt racing has never been the exact same car on the showroom. They are modified production cars. That's what showroom stock racing was.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lb2R8VmLnqUtZI8eBDl3SX2pbQ9uG3Jq6VLWEn6hFvbOQpTe0ViLeUsuluIG04KY