1 2
sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/6/20 12:49 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

Hey Taj, let's not insert a vein of negativity here.

because I can't submit more than one thumbs up

Tajgarage
Tajgarage New Reader
8/6/20 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

No hard feelings 

i was genuinely complimentary 

and impressed 

but facts are facts 

Tajgarage
Tajgarage New Reader
8/6/20 1:42 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

He actually did look at his times

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/6/20 3:01 p.m.

you ran the fastest time in the UTCC so you didn't want to win the whole thing and race the shootout because  you had no interest ??? it would put wear on your car??? and it wasn't in your budget?????

you where already there!!!

How could you not be interested?????

Spoken like a teenager.  If someone got the trophy, made their point, and wanted to save the additional wear and tear for another event, who are we to say no? I know a guy who completed a test-and-tune in his racecar, went out for a few fun laps, hit a spot of coolant and stashed it into a wall at 105 MPH. 

Tajgarage
Tajgarage New Reader
8/7/20 5:57 a.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

I've been racing for 60 years starting in carts At the age of 9 

I've been building tube cars for almost 40 of those years 

I've raced warbirds at Reno, speedway bikes at Ascot, sailboats in the Chesapeake and offshore boats in Miami. The highest license I've held in auto racing is a CART License (the one you need to race INDY) and currently hold a unlimited NASA racing license. 
I have won many championships and records in my years of racing and building race vehicles of all kinds. 
I know what you went through to get your car to those times at VIR (it's my favorite track in the entire country) and as I said in the first post "I Applaud You" (that's a compliment)

so I'm not speaking as a teenager when I say what I said.  
take the compliment and enjoy

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/7/20 7:29 a.m.

Just popping in as a mod to remind everyone to chill a bit. Good thread, neat cars, great event. Don't want to muck that up with words that aren't helpful to the conversation at hand. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/7/20 7:32 a.m.

In reply to Tajgarage :

Are you related to someone with a huge Jaguar addiction?

Tajgarage
Tajgarage New Reader
8/7/20 9:51 a.m.

The UTCC is In my opinion the coolest event in the sport of auto racing. I've been fortunate enough to be picked to compete there multiple times. 
I enjoy this  event so much that I am currently building a car from scratch for the sole purpose of competing in this race. Hopefully there will be many competitors like the mustang and the prototype where guys and girls have figured out how to get that last little bit of power, speed, grip and focus out of themselves and their machines to battle it out to the end for Top Honors.  
That's what I live for. 
It truly is the clash of Titans for the average Joe like me and I can't wait until next May to compete.  
See you in May.  

Tajgarage
Tajgarage New Reader
8/7/20 10:15 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Not sure what that means so apparently not

redtug
redtug New Reader
8/8/20 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Tajgarage :

Well said!!

1 2