1 2 3 4
hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/2/22 10:54 a.m.

The other day I was out getting groceries (and other things) and spotted this SUV with, in my opinion, the ugliest stock wheels ever offered on a car.

Can you top this? Lets see your least favorites!

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/22 11:25 a.m.

I abhor the trend of silver with black painted accent wheels.

FRS and some Mustang wheels are included in this

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/2/22 11:30 a.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

The other day I was out getting groceries (and other things) and spotted this SUV with, in my opinion, the ugliest stock wheels ever offered on a car.

We were at the local dealership a few weeks ago looking at a new car for her and drove past the Genesis lot. I pulled up alongside one of those when I saw the wheels. I couldn't decide whether it was the best looking design for a wheel that I've ever seen or the worst. I'm still up in the air, but it sure is "different" from any other wheel out there.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/2/22 11:51 a.m.

Not my first choice but there have been a lot of really ugly(er) OEM rims over the years, and I'd take those over the flower petals my Forte had

Always hated these

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/2/22 12:28 p.m.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/22 12:36 p.m.

The BMW GTS wheels definitely aren't to my taste, especially in orange. 

freetors
freetors Reader
1/2/22 12:48 p.m.

I generally don't like most Corvette wheels lately. The designs look good, but why are so many of them still chrome?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/2/22 1:30 p.m.
freetors said:

I generally don't like most Corvette wheels lately. The designs look good, but why are so many of them still chrome?

Not on the C8 they aren't. The C8 isn't available with chrome wheels, and, oh, how they boomers wailed and gnashed their teeth. Almost as bad as when they C7 went to square taillights.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/2/22 2:15 p.m.
Karacticus said:

The BMW GTS wheels definitely aren't to my taste, especially in orange. 

First glance, I saw a modernized Trans AM wheel.  Waited for Burt Reynolds to come around...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/2/22 2:30 p.m.

In reply to Run_Away :

I even have a car that has them and I hate the black wheels with brushed trim look. The only thing worse is all black.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/2/22 2:48 p.m.

Sorta factory. Chrysler had Kelsey-Hayes make aluminum wheels for 1969. They never officially released them because they cracked during excessive abuse during testing. The "recall wheels" are a thing of MoPar lore. And ugly as berk.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/2/22 3:23 p.m.

Aproppos: BMW E36 M3

jdogg
jdogg Reader
1/2/22 3:29 p.m.

Basically any modern over-designed SUV/crossover, not only are they ugly but the wheels on them are too.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/2/22 3:47 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

How waffle...

(sorry)

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/22 3:57 p.m.

Any wheel with center caps that can not line up the logo to the valve stem. 

daeman
daeman Dork
1/2/22 4:00 p.m.

Honda does some pretty fugly wheels at times.

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/2/22 4:02 p.m.

In reply to daeman :

Have been looking for the VWAG wheel that was a 5 lug wheel blank drilled for 4 lug.  GIS coming up blank.  Skoda something? SEAT? VW Polo?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/2/22 4:09 p.m.

Ugliest?   Most hated by me?   

Oldsmobile put fake wire wheels on every car.   Delta 88, 98, Cutlass - probably 20,000,000 of them.  I had them on an '84 Cutlass and I hated them.   

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/2/22 4:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to daeman :

Have been looking for the VWAG wheel that was a 5 lug wheel blank drilled for 4 lug.  GIS coming up blank.  Skoda something? SEAT? VW Polo?

Mk3 Jetta GT? I think there are a few variations for the Mk3 era.

TopWorldAuto >> Photos of Volkswagen Jetta GT - photo galleries

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/2/22 4:21 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

No, it was terribad.  It had five lug nut indentations and then they said screw it, gonna drill these 4x100.

edit: I found it! Check page 2.

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/2/22 4:25 p.m.
NickD said:
freetors said:

Not on the C8 they aren't. The C8 isn't available with chrome wheels, and, oh, how they boomers wailed and gnashed their teeth. Almost as bad as when they C7 went to square taillights.

Yeah they did away with the chrome but they're all ugly anyway. IIRC the Z06 wheels that have been shown are decent but the base wheels all suck. The C7 and earlier might have had a lot of chrome, but at least some of the designs themselves were decent.

For my entry, I'd say pretty much anything honda from the last five years. Corvette levels of chrome and even worse styling.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/2/22 7:43 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

That's the new Genesis. There are two in my parking lot at work and I actually think those wheels are pretty cool, personally. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/2/22 7:44 p.m.

My vote is for the Tesla with the covers on (covers off, the wheels are pretty nice)

How Much Is The Cheapest Tesla Car?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/2/22 8:20 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

Proof that there is something for everyone

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
1/2/22 8:32 p.m.

Here's my vote:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.