Riley_88
Riley_88 Reader
6/7/22 11:23 p.m.

Unity quick struts look like a pretty budget-friendly option for our daily driver. The car in question is a 2011 BMW 323i. The front suspension is original and getting pretty tired. I replaced the rear struts last year and that really emphasized how worn the fronts are. We'll likely keep the car for another 2 years. Looking for something comparable to OEM performance. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Riley_88 :

I'm not familiar with the Unity brand, but I've bought quick strut assemblies off Amazon for both our old Town & Country, and my daughter's Fit & had good luck with both of them. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/8/22 11:46 a.m.

They will probably "do the job" but I would not expect them to be comparable to OEM (Sachs) quality.

Normally those no-name quick struts cheap out on the strut mounts and hardware more than anywhere else (though the strut valving is also usually "one size fits all" and might feel more Buick than BMW).

They aren't bad. They are passable. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
6/8/22 9:00 p.m.

Depends on your goals

-FTD?  Hard pass.

-Flip car? definitely

-Wife or kids car? sure

-Your sweet whip that you want to keep as good as new?  not likely

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/9/22 2:17 p.m.

FWIW, the top strut mounts on the KYB 'loaded' struts that I put on the old Civic are crapped out after ~ 20k miles.  The struts themselves are fine, but top mounts are already shot.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FkPhzpVc034JHgf7tKeq867kwcek4w5mMoo2djCVh4djv5Yb1NilZqPLC8gVGbBT