1 2 3 4 5
bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/16/10 3:36 p.m.

i'm leaning towards a flavor of fiat 500 but just in case i'm going with:

mazdaspeed 2

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/10 3:37 p.m.

The Bug of Love?

From CARS

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/16/10 3:39 p.m.

Fiat 500 abarth.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/10 3:49 p.m.

Given the "all cars are beautiful, even the ugly ones", I'm thinking Alfa. Can't say that about the Cayenne or Panamerica, you see.

Specifically, the 8C Spider. But that's not new news - although maybe they just started delivery and the first US spec models arrived.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/16/10 4:00 p.m.

The phrase, "...as soon as the embargo is lifted..." has me hoping that it is something diesel.

BMW 135d.
Small body BMW with new diesel engine from the 335d. Gets 36 mpg in the 335d so maybe as high as 40 mpg in the smaller body? Please equip it with a true manual and not the 6 speed automatic.

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/16/10 4:20 p.m.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/10 5:23 p.m.

BMW 1 Series M Coupe

sanman
sanman New Reader
7/16/10 8:20 p.m.

Porsche Boxster turbo or the Alfa tz3 corsa. Please be the Alfa!!!!!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/16/10 8:53 p.m.

Well I cheated and looked at the Facebook post but the correct answer has been mentioned many times already.

Schmidlap
Schmidlap Reader
7/16/10 9:01 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: The phrase, "...as soon as the embargo is lifted..." has me hoping that it is something diesel.

It's a publishing embargo, not any kind of diesel embargo, meaning the automaker let a bunch of different reporters drive/see/learn about the vehicle, but they tell them not to publish anything about it until a certain date. That is how magazines are able to publish info about cars at the same time the car is revealed on websites. At least in theory. There have been websites in the past that have broken embargos and published info about cars before the automaker wanted. I believe those websites promptly lost all privileges with that automaker.

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/16/10 9:04 p.m.

hint to everyone who hasn't looked at their facebook feed yet:

  1. It will re-excite all the teenage fanbois, although I think it's over-done.

  2. Its current iteration looks like a corolla, so I'm told. Far too adult for said fanbois. Perfect for those of us who like to fly under the radar. That will change.

  3. It is a car that I have owned, but with the fenders from another, closely related car.

sanman
sanman New Reader
7/16/10 9:07 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

That last one gave it away a bit too much. No chance you own a wrx and a fiat 500, right?

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/16/10 9:13 p.m.

In reply to sanman:

maybe it's the new Chinese-built Triumph GT6!!!!!

btw, I did actually own a fiat 500 in the 90s (in Italy), ironically.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
7/16/10 9:48 p.m.
irish44j wrote: hint to everyone who hasn't looked at their facebook feed yet: 1. It will re-excite all the teenage fanbois, although I think it's over-done. 2. Its current iteration looks like a corolla, so I'm told. Far too adult for said fanbois. Perfect for those of us who like to fly under the radar. That will change. 3. It is a car that I have owned, but with the fenders from another, closely related car.

Looks like somebody broke the embargo with a spy shot of the rear of the new big wing STi sedan...

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/16/10 10:05 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
irish44j wrote: hint to everyone who hasn't looked at their facebook feed yet: 1. It will re-excite all the teenage fanbois, although I think it's over-done. 2. Its current iteration looks like a corolla, so I'm told. Far too adult for said fanbois. Perfect for those of us who like to fly under the radar. That will change. 3. It is a car that I have owned, but with the fenders from another, closely related car.
Looks like somebody broke the embargo with a spy shot of the rear of the new big wing STi sedan...

look, I've asked you three times already and this is THE last time before I come pay you a "visit:" STOP LINKING PHOTOS FROM MY CARDOMAIN SITE!

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/16/10 10:06 p.m.

btw, there are tons of pics of said cars on "the forums"....but GRM is correct, I haven't seen any driven reviews yet.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
7/16/10 10:17 p.m.
irish44j wrote: look, I've asked you three times already and this is THE last time before I come pay you a "visit:" STOP LINKING PHOTOS FROM MY CARDOMAIN SITE!

L-O-L.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/16/10 10:25 p.m.

So it IS the 2011 STI sedan.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
7/16/10 10:37 p.m.
mndsm wrote: So it IS the 2011 STI sedan.

Some would say you may or may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/16/10 10:38 p.m.

I cross-posted "this event" to a certain other relevant forum so the GRM site will get more traffic on Monday...

tell your advertisers that their rate is going up

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/17/10 12:26 a.m.

I was afraid of that. It's the neo-ae-86. subie-toyota common project. I hope it doesn't get too popular, I'm hoping to buy one used in several years. can't have the prices sky rocket. It's not a honda after all....

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/17/10 6:56 a.m.

Mini Crossman Suv thingy thing...

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
7/17/10 7:20 a.m.

2011 Chevy Vega? Contact me on where you can mail my decal. Thanks.

eastpark
eastpark New Reader
7/17/10 7:38 a.m.

Hyundai Stellar: I'm sure no one ever did a review of it....

Armitage
Armitage Reader
7/17/10 8:01 a.m.

Seems that everyone figured out the "stellar" and "embargo" references but noone got the easy one? The "beauty" of all-wheel-drive :P

1 2 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
VBjzT4wvJh7tK7Ouune2gTl8SnWSAryJvYh6ZYLdyJjnV0sXutcR4Fkyrlve8G5C