1 2 3 4 5
924guy
924guy Dork
7/17/10 8:15 a.m.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say Renault is coming back.... maybe with the twingo... though I think the new "latitude" would be more likely...

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/17/10 12:26 p.m.

I wish it HAD been the 918. Another hot WRX? Sigh.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/17/10 12:27 p.m.

bmw/mini isetta?

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/18/10 12:16 p.m.
Keith wrote: Another hot WRX? Sigh.

hmm...that's what I say every time I see another miata article

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
7/18/10 3:12 p.m.

I vote Fiat 500 Abarth.

Tell me what I get Tom!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/18/10 4:23 p.m.
seeker589 wrote: I vote Fiat 500 Abarth. Tell me what I get Tom!

It's not a Fiat. Someday (soon-ish, we hope.) we'll get one of them to try out, but for now... You win nothing. You lose. Good day, Sir.

I've always wanted to use that link...thanks for giving me an excuse!

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
7/18/10 4:27 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
It's not a Fiat. Someday (soon-ish, we hope.) we'll get one of them to try out, but for now... You win nothing. You lose.Good day, Sir. I've always wanted to use that link...thanks for giving me an excuse!

Did you just bust out a Wonka????

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
7/18/10 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Tom Heath: 2011 Mercedes Benz Black Edition

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/18/10 5:38 p.m.

When Fiat comes back stateside, I'd like to see a "Retro" X1/9.... That'll doubtfully ever happen :(

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/18/10 6:39 p.m.

Okay, the review has been written and posted. It goes live tomorrow morning. We also have the full press kits for these vehicles. If there's something specific you'd like to know, just ask.

And yes, we're honoring the press embargo. It's how you keep getting invited back. It also makes it fair if you can't make the first wave of a press intro.

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/18/10 7:07 p.m.

even if you were right, I guessed that about 25 posts ago

irish44j
irish44j HalfDork
7/18/10 7:11 p.m.

2 questions for when you can answer them:

1. there was talk that the new (lesser of the two vehicles) would get a wider track width. How was this accomplished - though unibody modifications, hub modifications, or just doing it using wheel offset/width? I only ask because it would be nice to know if certain newly-deveoloped suspension pieces for the 08-10 models will work on the '11.

2. still 5x100 BP, or did they finally move to the 5x114 hubs from the (higher model)?

David S. Wallens
7/18/10 7:37 p.m.
irish44j wrote: 2 questions for when you can answer them: 1. there was talk that the new (lesser of the two vehicles) would get a wider track width. How was this accomplished - though unibody modifications, hub modifications, or just doing it using wheel offset/width? I only ask because it would be nice to know if certain newly-deveoloped suspension pieces for the 08-10 models will work on the '11. 2. still 5x100 BP, or did they finally move to the 5x114 hubs from the (higher model)?

Hypothetically, of course, I'll try to have an answer tomorrow.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/19/10 8:05 a.m.
mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/19/10 8:20 a.m.

Yummy.

David S. Wallens
7/19/10 8:21 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
irish44j wrote: 2 questions for when you can answer them: 1. there was talk that the new (lesser of the two vehicles) would get a wider track width. How was this accomplished - though unibody modifications, hub modifications, or just doing it using wheel offset/width? I only ask because it would be nice to know if certain newly-deveoloped suspension pieces for the 08-10 models will work on the '11. 2. still 5x100 BP, or did they finally move to the 5x114 hubs from the (higher model)?
Hypothetically, of course, I'll try to have an answer tomorrow.

And I'm now waiting on an official answer from Subaru. It's more than just the new wheels.

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/19/10 8:31 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I'm not allowed to say much about it, but there's a very special new car review coming to our site for Monday morning. There's no video, but it's a brand-new car that nobody else has reviewed yet. The review will be live on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m., as soon as the embargo is lifted. I'm very excited, the brand has a stellar reputation, and all of their cars are beautiful, even the ugly ones. Anybody want to guess which new car it is? First correct answer in this thread gets one of the all-new BLACK GRM die-cut stickers. (Although I can't confirm the winning answer until Monday either.) Good luck!

This much for two Subarus? Really?

ok.....

I may miss the reviews of the Fiats and Alfas....

minimac
minimac SuperDork
7/19/10 8:40 a.m.

I wonder what all that power will do to these headgaskets in ,say, 80k miles. Get one for a long term/high mileage review. Then I may be impressed. Heck, even a Yugo didn't fall apart in the first 1k miles!

David S. Wallens
7/19/10 8:52 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: This much for two Subarus? Really? ok..... I may miss the reviews of the Fiats and Alfas....

Well, we're still waiting for Ford to invite us to something.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/19/10 9:07 a.m.

Or not wreck the Fiesta that we had lined up for testing, including track time, race tires and a benchmark.

David S. Wallens
7/19/10 9:15 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Or not wreck the Fiesta that we had lined up for testing, including track time, race tires and a benchmark.

Wait a minute, are you saying that we had a thorough track test of a hot, new car all lined up and then someone wrecked the car? Well, I'm sure the car company at least had the courtesy to alert us so we could modify our plans.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/19/10 9:22 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: This much for two Subarus? Really? ok..... I may miss the reviews of the Fiats and Alfas....

Yep, we made a message board thread and gave away a few stickers for the newest version of a car that represents 10% of our readership. Seems fair to me.

In more positive news, it turns out we have a video from the 2011 launch after all. It's embedded in the STI review, or you can just click this link..

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/19/10 9:31 a.m.

FWIW - I enjoy youre reviews and enjoy commenting on them. Please continue to post them.

I will now go clean this brown stuff off my nose

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/19/10 9:45 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
Yep, we made a message board thread and gave away a few stickers for the newest version of a car that represents 10% of our readership. Seems fair to me. In more positive news, it turns out we have a video from the 2011 launch after all. It's embedded in the STI review, or you can just click this link..

It's not as if either car was that new to the US market- I wouldn't expect any extra hype surrounding the 2011 Mustangs either. that's my point- nothing to do with Ford or the Fiesta.

Based on the original post, it seemed like it was something really new and unique to the market.

Alas, it's just a pair of replacements. good ones, perhaps (I've not read the reviews), but still- nothing REALLY new for us or the US.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
7/19/10 12:07 p.m.

Leather and HID, at last!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MsdkFhEpmQmUXOYsDNnZxBidptg28NSFgSCGdD8MUrzKcI6dEaSoyd6hqPHW8mmO