1 2
DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
10/30/19 10:34 a.m.

Last note about the brakes isn't really true. With a set of Hawk blues and blank rotors and good fluid our 87 Sport out brakes damn near everything we meet in Lemons - even after we swapped in a GM 3800. The pedal never goes soft and is super consistent.

It doesn't even eat up pads and rotors - we've been running the same pads and rotors for nearly 2,000 race miles now.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/30/19 10:43 a.m.

yeah I have had some questionable answers from Racing Beat before that I did not agree with. It is getting harder and harder to find good factual information these days...

everyone has 1 horror story from XYZ shop and its get blasted all over social media then people spread rumors like wildfire and then you're left with "who do you trust"

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
10/30/19 10:53 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

Hell the last guy who built my 13b must have done a garbage job - it only lasted 4 years of race abuse! #Ripoff #NoTrust

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
10/30/19 10:54 a.m.
fidelity101 said:

i've always done compression checks from the trailing side as the leading edge is meant to push the rotor further where the trailing plug is doing the actual combustion firing. 

But don't you want to measure the compression where the rotor is being pushed?

As I understand it, trailing ignition is mainly to burn up what's left behind after the leading fires.  The engine can run reasonably well on only leading, but with just trailing it will be very rough.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/30/19 11:05 a.m.

Love me some FC RX7.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/30/19 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Me too!

This is mine.  Original in most respects....

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/19 12:20 p.m.

The fate of my last FC. The branch came down vertically and the thick end impacted the roof from a long way up.  It may not look like much, but it was buckled very badly.

It got sold to a guy that needed a shell for racing. If anybody knows of a rust free S4 Sport, let me know.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/19 12:49 p.m.

I need some more motivation to get back to work on mine. 

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/30/19 1:06 p.m.
DaveEstey said:

In reply to fidelity101 :

Hell the last guy who built my 13b must have done a garbage job - it only lasted 4 years of race abuse! #Ripoff #NoTrust

5 years!

#fakenews

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/30/19 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Looks like a coupe version of my FC3C. Damn I miss that car...

imgon
imgon HalfDork
10/30/19 6:41 p.m.

That looks great. Do you need any parts or pieces? I have all sorts of blue Interior pieces I took out of mine . Would.love to have them live on. Let me know if you need anything and it's your for shipping costs

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/31/19 1:09 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

I really just need some decent suspension components. My interior is really nice, I may FMV trade it to myself for other parts. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/31/19 8:39 p.m.

I might have a set of KYB shocks and Racing Beat springs available at some point this winter, if/when I decide to pull the trigger on a set of coilovers. Price will be Challenge friendly. 

Also, you're welcome to come rip my car sometime, for motivation devil

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m8bWrpabxhzXAkaXRDrqjtqe8mZQHVaMqnywpZTvjeTkQpcYkwXACffog5E1edV9