RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/28/14 12:15 a.m.

Soooo

I currently have a Volvo 740 with a B230FT (that's the turbo one). I'm working on maxing out the tiny 13C. I also just pulled the turbo off of my old Mercedes, which turned out to be a KKK K26 and not a Garrett T3 (I never looked that closely).

I'm wondering:

If anyone has run a K26 on a similarly sized engine, a 2.3 OHC?

If the K24 compressor housing would swap onto the K26?

If the K24 compressor housing would be a better fit for the engine (I'd like to avoid huge lag)?

I like the idea of running the K26 because I already have it and it was pretty much free (crime of opportunity?).

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/28/14 7:58 a.m.

The K26 came on a similarly sized motor in the Audis.

Run it. It'll be fun.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/28/14 9:51 a.m.

Don't let the failed "Is it racism?" thread crowd find this.

espz28
espz28 New Reader
10/28/14 10:09 a.m.

Didn't that turbo come on the standard 944 turbo with the 2.5 liter engine? Run it and inspire me to do something with my redblock.

What do they say about it over at turbobricks.com?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/14 11:15 a.m.

they move enough air to support 300-325hp, there are billet wheel and hybrid options available that will support 380-400hp, but your rods will struggle enough at 300hp

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/28/14 10:36 p.m.
espz28 wrote: Didn't that turbo come on the standard 944 turbo with the 2.5 liter engine? Run it and inspire me to do something with my redblock. What do they say about it over at turbobricks.com?

General consensus is that there was a guy who ran a K24 and liked it. Said it was similarly sized to a 19t, but spooled better and ran out of steam later. I'm really considering running a K24 compressor side. If I need more power, I can always move back up to the K26. I'm spoiled by the instant spool that I get with the 13c.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/29/14 8:20 a.m.

In reply to RoughandReady:

that sounds like a solid setup, I like the direction you're going with this, have you tossed a cam in it yet?

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/29/14 8:39 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to RoughandReady: that sounds like a solid setup, I like the direction you're going with this, have you tossed a cam in it yet?

I'm going to stick with the T cam until I max it out. It's way better for making power in a street car than anyone is willing to give it credit for.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oSblV9XwLt3JVWWON3VSo1o82Kkx3sygibDWWQRxV5LfHB5NsBzQTXdZMBMrHuxF