Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
7/20/09 11:47 a.m.

Forget the Hokey-Pokey. Boost-fueled Volvo trickery, that’s what it’s all about. Nothing pokey about it.

Sure, on the outside these things look just like any other older Volvo, with their bricklike aerodynamics and a safe, sensible image. Through most of the 1980s, Volvo 740s seemed to be the vehicle of choice for dentists’ wives and soccer moms. It’s the kind …

Read the rest of the story

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/19/19 3:08 p.m.

745 turbo with turbo plus.  Lovely, speedy things to drive.  Can't use "pretty", though.  Too much window?  Too much 6000le?  Dunno.

Volvos.  They're boxy, but good.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/19/19 3:15 p.m.

I wanted a used 850 R wagon so bad, but they were hard to find. One day I found one about three hours away from me. It had it all, reputable dealer, honest price, clean as hell. I found it on the internet, called immediately, car was still for sale so I put down a deposit to hold it.  Dealer called me back an hour later and said that a salesman had just taken another deposit before mine. I was crushed. <kicks rock>

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
6/20/19 12:02 p.m.

Ive had a 95 850 turbo, a 780 Bertone (MS2, Super 60, an S70 T5 manual but want a 2 series wagon or 2 door next

randyracer
randyracer New Reader
12/15/21 2:02 p.m.

Da Flyin' Moose!  740 Turbo cheapo endurance racer!  Not cheap!  Well, lots cheaper than anything modern, like IM$A

Grassroots Motorsports!    

Randy Pobst forever friend and fan of GRM, from the beginning. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
12/15/21 4:15 p.m.

Hey Randy! Love that Volvo, wow! Was just watching your video on the Mach 1 Mustang this morning, really enjoyed it!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
12/19/21 12:11 p.m.

I've seen the car up close and witnessed it being dyno tuned at my good friends house, wish I could have met you as well as your car Mr. Pobst

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1zTKQzrzApo67VE2rZnx4saFGWkAnkRcXuXOw56NiP7di3dPPIRutqAmE2BPlbCW