1 ... 3 4 5
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/27/22 12:58 p.m.
calteg said:

The new body Mustang GT comes out in 2024, I'd be curious to see how the two stack up. I suspect weight will be pretty close, and there's a lot of speculation that it will have 500+hp

I doubt it. The current gen GT is already a few hundred pounds heavier. Unless they bring out a new platform like Chevy did with the Alpha a few years back and drop some weight. Everything I've read so far says the S650 is going to be an evolution of the S550, not an all new-platform.

The engine/turbo's/heat exchangers are all the same as the current INfinity engine, which apparently picks up 100hp with a tune.

calteg
calteg Dork
1/27/22 2:48 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Solid point about the weight. For long term reliability, I like a n/a V8 over a TTV6. Moot point as I won't be buying either one brand new

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/27/22 3:56 p.m.
calteg said:

In reply to z31maniac :

Solid point about the weight. For long term reliability, I like a n/a V8 over a TTV6. Moot point as I won't be buying either one brand new

I agree on the relability front. And of course, there are the great sounds a V8 makes. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/27/22 5:38 p.m.
calteg said:

In reply to z31maniac :

This is my issue with the new Tundra/Sequoia. I'm in the market for a new truck/suv and might have to find one of those around to fit the bill. I hear the new 3.4TT is already a headache for some owners. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ixQMHrFeUm6S5i3lVGrpA8ASZ9VhpsmSfOhN6mWkUoChvkONNNxFV5ZvS7kwpZF3