1 2 3 ... 10
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 12:56 p.m.

Welcome, beta testers! Thanks for checking the new site out.

First off, I'm sure there's a lot of folks irritated by having to re-register. I'm not wild about it either, but it really wasn't avoidable. The good news is that if you've already registered for the Classic Motorsports site, that registration will work here. If you haven't, when you register here your login and password will work over there.

As you let us know what you find missing, broken or otherwise annoying, please add what browser, OS and screen resolution you're using. Those three variables can make a big difference in tracking down and fixing issues.

Thanks, and I hope you like the new site.

JohnBrown
JohnBrown GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 12:56 p.m.

If you are registered on Classic the db is a carry over.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess None
5/12/08 1:01 p.m.

Things float around the message posts. Right now, I have a "! 0 reply " floating over and covering up part of the first post. What's wrong with the old board?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 1:12 p.m.

Doc, again, please let me know browser, OS, and screen resolution, and I should be able to get that sorted out pretty quick.

The new board is fully integrated into the site (and Classic, for that matter), which just wasn't feasible with the old board.

JohnBrown
JohnBrown GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 1:21 p.m.

And it's dead sexxay

grtechguy
grtechguy
5/12/08 1:58 p.m.

can the column on the left be shrunk?

it takes about 1/4 of my screen

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 2:03 p.m.

get a bigger screen? :grin:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Member
5/12/08 2:35 p.m.

I don't see a place to edit your profile yet, but I will keep looking.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 2:42 p.m.

Go to the front page. At the bottom will be a link to members you can click. After the click, at the top will be a link to modify your profile. If it doesn't work, go to Classic Motorsports.net and edit your profile from there, it will carry over to here.

So still no answer on the siggy's though....

belteshazzar
belteshazzar
5/12/08 2:43 p.m.

I'm with grtechguy. too much wasted space on the left.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 2:45 p.m.

To see all the community, click community. From there, you can select yourself. Clicking on someone's avatar will also jump you to their profile.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Member
5/12/08 2:45 p.m.

I posted, then clicked on my profile, then clicked on something else and got to edit my profile. Not as easy or intuitive as before. Plus the optional fields don't seem to be optional. I keep getting: {'site': [u'This field is required.']}

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 2:48 p.m.

Thanks Pinchvalve.. I was looking for that.

How do you think you should be able to get to your profile and/or edit it?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 3:00 p.m.

There used to be an "Edit Profile" link at the top of the forum right?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 3:02 p.m.

I filled in all boxes, and then it allowed me to save. Now I have my avatar and pretty picture of myself. (the girls were already asking...)

Jess Morehouse
Jess Morehouse None
5/12/08 3:13 p.m.

Ahh.......the bugs are here now.

Jess Morehouse
Jess Morehouse None
5/12/08 3:14 p.m.

another question.

Do we lose our post counts when this goes live for good?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 3:17 p.m.

Ahh.. the question I've been dreading... I'm afraid so. I just can't figure out a good way to get them from the old database to the new one. They don't map out the same at all.

I am, however, working on some form of recognition/title/something sort of system, I just don't know what form it's going to take yet.

gamby
gamby
5/12/08 3:20 p.m.

Wow. That's a real bummer. And here I thought I had some clout after all of this time. (then again, I'm here...)

Well there be more emoticons in the finished version?

Also--is this the final format of it??? Seems like the old site is/was easier to navigate. :?:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 3:22 p.m.

It IS a bummer, I agree, and if I could figure out a way to move 'em over, I would. If I DO figure out a way to do it, I will. Then again, if you're here right now, yeah, you've got some pull!

Emoticons: Maybe. Not a bad idea, and shouldn't be too hard, but not at the top of the prioties list right now.

Format: No, it could definitely change. Got suggestions? Send 'em my way.

Chris  G.
Chris G. None
5/12/08 3:25 p.m.

testing to see if I accidentally screwed up my screenname...

Chris  G.
Chris G. None
5/12/08 3:26 p.m.

OK--I screwed up my screen name somehow and it won't let me change it back. :evil:

Chris  G.
Chris G. None
5/12/08 3:29 p.m.

So there was the little section in "edit profile" where it says "first name"/"last name" I put in my first name, last initial and hit "submit" before I saw the "preferred screenname" field. Now I can't change my screenname back to "gamby".

thoughts??? :evil:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 3:37 p.m.

Set "preferred Screen name" to Gamby.

Chris  G.
Chris G. None
5/12/08 3:39 p.m.

4 attempts doing that yielded nothing. :?::?::?:

1 2 3 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners