1 2
Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
1/5/22 1:30 p.m.

So I managed to get a track day in last Sunday with the Datsun. I'm trying to get in a whooping 3 vintage events this year (normally only do 2), one event in the Datsun and  2 events with the F500.  Along with my usual 4 tracks days (Datsun) and 6-8 autocrosses in the F500.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/5/22 1:47 p.m.

Finish V2.0 of the LMP360 then drag it to Hyperfest, Gridlife Midwest Festival, Subifest, and the 2022 challenge.  And maybe some additional Trackdays in there also.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/5/22 1:51 p.m.

Rallying, a lot of it, and whatever other fun stuff I can fit around that.

May be an image of road

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
1/5/22 1:52 p.m.

The Firm this month, hopefully with a front strut brace and rear sway. Oughta be a shake down cruise for the Mustang, running better than it ever has for me. After that, a front sway and a long list of cleanup work to de-hooptify it. The overall goal for the car for the year is to not be held back from an event by the car while evaluating it for suspension improvements.

Then I've got a GTI in need of real TLC that I want to then make nice. Have the paint chips fixed, some thunder bunny side skirts, new seat covers, replace the speakers, etc...

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/5/22 2:06 p.m.

Trying to figure out how to justify a new BRZ that won't be driven often. 

We both work from home, so unless we are driving up to Stillwater for a football game, we may go through one tank of gas per month in the Mazda 3. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
1/5/22 2:08 p.m.

I definitely need to drive the Jeep more this year, considering I drove it exactly once in 2021.  Of course, I also need to think about putting some time and effort into working on it, but I'm not sure how much I'll do there (the boat is a great distraction). 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/22 2:14 p.m.

Going to try and run the entire season with Nebraska Region solo. My car is finally here.  It managed to take the slowest route possible since it cleared port 12/15. My nephew will co-drive with me so that will be fun.

Then I'm going to run 3 track days with NASA Central Region. Looking at Heartland Park, Ozarks, and Hastings

Finally, I'll work with SCCA doing my normal F&C stuff to keep my national license. Working Buttonwillow here in 2 weeks, then down to COTA for the Supers the first full weekend of February, then Hewlett in April. Then probably a fall event somewhere. 

Finally, For F1 I'll be Lead Intervention Marshal for Miami, COTA, and Baku this year. May sneak in IMSA at Laguna Seca too. 

Busy year :) 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/5/22 2:19 p.m.

Finish my Corolla and get it to the Challenge, maybe do a few local autocrosses in Michigan or Ontario if I get it done before October. I'd like to give rallycross a try before I age out, too.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 2:20 p.m.

Big projects are on hold for a while while I recover from shoulder surgery, but I do have six Recaro seats down in the basement that need to be disassembled for some cleaning and light restoration. I can do that all on a table, so it shouldn't be too difficult, and I can proceed at whatever pace I'm comfortable with. It should be a good little project to occupy my time.

Aside from that, I've been casually shopping for a 2012-2018 Jeep Wrangler, but prices have been crazy lately. If I ever happen to find a good one at a decent price, I will buy that as the next dog hauler (same dog, just a different vehicle), and then focus on finding a new home for the Volvo V70R.

I want to get as much track time as possible, and hopefully get my racing license before the end of the season.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/5/22 2:29 p.m.

Back up and punt. frown

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 2:50 p.m.

Not sure how much the pandemic will allow but I'll do some autocrosses and try to get the Toyobaru track-ready, maybe do some some track days at "Toronto" motorsports park, Shannonville, and Mosport if I do. Also finish the body restoration on the AE92 and get started on a mechanical overhaul for the Samurai. If all goes really well maybe I'll stop by the Challenge this year.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/22 3:14 p.m.

I'm planning to run the Mercedes in some big-ticket vintage races this summer. I've already registered for the Canadian Vintage Grand Prix at Mosport and started the process for the Classique d'été at Mont-Tremblant. I'll also run the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix again.

Besides that, I'd like to try hillclimbing for the first time. Looks like there are 2 active clubs running under SCCA rules not too far from me. This may give me the excuse I need to finally pull the trigger on an early Lancer Evolution. I'm in negotiations to buy a track-prepped Lancer Evo II GSR back in Canada. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 3:30 p.m.

Also, find a used car for a DD.  2016+ Mustang as I've planned, or go for a more realistic NC Answer while used car prices drop to what they should be.

Get the LS4.9 at least to the point that it needs an EFI system.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
1/5/22 4:04 p.m.

This year is going to be great!  My oldest daughter (19) wants to start autocrossing this year.  She is getting pretty good with a manual.  We will co-drive our 1987 FX16 GT-S at local events.  Perfect training car!  No electronic driving aids. I'll keep the street tires on it so she gets that seat-of-the-pants feel for what the car is doing.  This Toy has a coil-over suspension, LSD, front sway bar delete and a larger rear sway bar.  It can be made to rotate nicely!

For the SCCA events, I'll default to my DS Honda Civic Type R. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/5/22 4:31 p.m.

Get back to rallycrossing.  Which means I need to get the Beetle running well and meeting safety requirements.  And get the S10 running well enough to flat tow the Beetle to events, or buy something else to tow it.

Make it back to the Challenge, preferably with a car, but if not, I'll plan on going to spectate.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 4:46 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

^THIS.

but I also want to finally make the Challenge this year. There are rumblings of the special class being mid engined cars, and I truly believe it would be a crime to miss that. (Note: This is not a resolution.)

Honsch
Honsch Reader
1/5/22 5:06 p.m.

If we can get over the damn border we've got five or six races to do.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/5/22 9:09 p.m.

Finish the rx7 in time to test it before the challenge. 

Pick up the new BRZ I ordered and maybe take it on a cool roadtrip.

Finish the mild restoration on my b13 SE-R and maybe take it to an autocross or a car show.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 9:17 p.m.

Megasquirt an EJ205 engine with all the boost and antilag.

Maybe pull the engine out of the black RX-7 and figure out why the new engine has 25% less compression on the rear rotor.

Finish the Dell'Orto install on my red RX-7, finally swap in the rebuilt transmission, and convert the cooling system to a tall radiator and large oil cooler to hopefully get coolant temps in check so that I can use the A/C all the time, not just on the highway only under 60mph.

Get started on the Quantum that I have not touched since, uh, 2014.  It also will be getting all the boost and antilag, probably with Megasquirt but possibly a Link.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/5/22 9:22 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

This, I have a feeling its another year in the lab without much time for anything else. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 9:42 p.m.

Try to keep up with the bills. Not let them crush the life out of me at work. Barely managing on both counts right now. 

Autocross is cheap, so hopefully I can get to as many events as possible. Maybe the Challenge, but it's not looking good with a broken engine and no disposable income.
My teammate has an engine that will probably work, but even then I may not be able to afford the entry fee and hotel. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/5/22 9:46 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

Love that thing-glad you're getting it out there.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 9:51 p.m.

Finally get down to the Challenge

Finally fix up the fleet of cars I need to work on

Play music again, I very seriously need to play music again even if it's just online collaborative stuff

A thousand house projects 

Claff
Claff HalfDork
1/5/22 10:35 p.m.

High priority: Pro Solo, some Tours, Pro Finale and Nationals in friend's STR ND

Lower priority: whatever Track Nights I can get to, including at least one new-to-me track

Even lower priority: Local autocross either in the ND or my NC

If it happens, great, if not, not the end of the world: TT Nats in the NC

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gD4XHHTmDAuxuqoShql73CyqlD3Umv6ckVMEwFvaLAVHxAHOjeCQAFiVvHgYtJoG