1 2
03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/5/22 11:38 p.m.
Honsch said:

If we can get over the damn border we've got five or six races to do.

Just go down to our southern border... everyone is allowed in there! But since you prolly plan on going home, it might not be a viable plan. 

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/6/22 1:40 a.m.

Attempt autocross in my Z. 

Get Z running well. 

Finish new house remodel.

Finish shop remodel.

Begin building new Z engine. 

Take primary custody of 2 of my kids.

Gambler 500

Lots of stuff planned.

Wish I had easier track day access where I am

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/6/22 8:16 a.m.

Get the Dart back on the road.

I know, that was my plan for 2021.

And 2020...

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/6/22 8:24 a.m.

Go fast, kick ass.

Probably not changing much on the Miata this year, just putting on fresh Nankangs and installing my ultra-trick prototype rear control arms. I wanna set more FTDs this year and I'm hesitant to change too much and then start the learning process all over again.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 8:30 a.m.

Build a 6 car garage with an in-law apartment and possibly space for my company attached/included. 

Powar
Powar UltraDork
1/6/22 11:11 a.m.

Another season of this, but with a better seat and steering wheel:

Get this thing off jackstands for the first time in a month and make it a slightly nicer place to spend time:

My wife and I are planning to roadtrip in this car from KY to Sturgis, South Dakota for the Saab Owner's Convention in July. I have a few improvements that I need to do before I want to spend a week and a half in it.

I also have a big stack of boxes of FD parts that I need to install before spring. I want to take it to Deal's Gap at least once this year.

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
1/6/22 12:15 p.m.

My plans are:

Finish the BGT Zetec

Rebuild spare Zetec

Sort out/re-wire the Europa including swapping out the wiper motor (seized/blew a fuse the last time I tried the wipers)

Start the Elan as is (currently a rolling chassis), and tackle some of the bodywork

and try to enjoy the Jag XF I picked up a few days before Christmas.  

The old plan was to have the BGT done by now so that we could go on the Spring Thaw. But as it would only "just" be done by the end of April (all things going well), I don't think it would be a good idea to take it this year. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
1/6/22 12:20 p.m.

Race in GLTC at least once.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
1/6/22 2:00 p.m.

Hoping 2022 is good for us.  We look like we're finally on a good track and have been for a few months.  If things continue to look up....

• Clean out the garage of failed projects and crap
  • Have an electrician drop a half dozen 110 outlets and one or two 220 outlets in the garage
  • Reseal the floor
  • Replace my old tool storage with shiney new ones were everything has a place to go
  • Get the kid back off to college. Maybe with a kart in tow so he can get back into it and have a stress relief from classes
  • Buy the wifey a new (ish) fancy (ish) car
  • Lose weight by working on stuff instead of vegging in front of the TV so I can...
  • Pickup a Mk1 Mini or Bugeye project car to tinker with.  (Gotta be small enough to fit in it)

-Rob

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 2:16 p.m.

More of this:

20210613_113835_HDR.jpg

Are Gazelle Pop-up Tents the Way to Go? » teamcamplife

Less of this:

20190601_171336.jpg

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/22 2:22 p.m.

1). Rallycross more and get faster in the Subaru, and follow Petes EJ205 stuff for a swap someday.

2). Continue to fix and improve stuff on the Camaro.

3). Do some deferred maintenance and projects on the Boxster.

4). Finish and do the challenge in the MR2.

5).  Successfully move this all to a new house and 3 car garage if all goes according to plan.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/6/22 2:56 p.m.

Oof. Big list but there are always things to do.

- Rebuild the trans and engine for the Jag and maybe figure out the arduino CAN spoofer I have a feeling once this is done, I'm going to sell the car. I just don't connect with it.

- I signed up for copart and if I see a v10 s6/s8 on this side of the country I'm probably going to break down and buy it for the b5avant donor

- vq/cd009 swap an RA65 Celica

- M50/manual swap another e30 for a buddy's dad

- finish the lift kit for my girlfriend's e30truck so I can fit the 31" M/Ts without cutting too much

- wire up the volvo whiteblock in my other e30 so I can finally drive it

- bag the c50 and build a ramp bed so I might actually drive it/tow my projects

- I still have an f355 that's sitting in my garage (not mine) that may get a 360 or 430 engine because they're easier/cheaper to source than the stocker

- girlfriend wants new carpet in the bedroom which I just got a quote for $4k for (that seems astronomical)

- pull up a 15x15' section of grass and lay rock down for a firepit

- maybe get around to pulling the single turbo off the trans am so I can put the twins on?

- '81 honda cb750c. Get it running and figure out how badly I want to make into a cafe racer

I need to quit my dayjob.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
1/6/22 2:58 p.m.
z31maniac said:

Trying to figure out how to justify a new BRZ that won't be driven often. 

We both work from home, so unless we are driving up to Stillwater for a football game, we may go through one tank of gas per month in the Mazda 3. 

You might find that the justification for driving it is simply, driving it. In 2020 I put 300 miles on my daily driver Volt, and we put a mere 5000 miles on our road trip car and supposed commuter. Both my wife and I work from home, full time since Covid. So I traded my Volt for a MINI Cooper Roadster and even though we both still work from home only, I've put 8000 miles on the MINI this year just for fun, as well as the mileage we put on the daily. For an occasional use car, I've found plenyy of occasion to get out and drive. Best part is that since I DON'T commute anymore, ALL the driving in it is for fun and enjoyable. Hope to take it down to the Tail of the Dragon this year...

Just a data pont for you to think about when justifying a fun car when you no longer commute.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s5R88XCGuz1nTguXfc0GyEWGhqOhlra25xIkvvFZyN9XKJks1RcGhbFBRf1A35Rw