1 2 3 4
lnlds
lnlds Reader
8/11/21 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Sorry I read "But that isn't a good situation for a first time driver who doesn't have a Car Family."  as she would be a first time driver who doesn't have a car family.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
9/14/21 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Did your "customer" choose a car for the school year?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/21 12:48 p.m.

I thought of this thread on the weekend when I saw a roofless Wrangler go by with four stereotypical sorority girls in it. It was not a 25 year old $3k vehicle, it was Clueless 2021 :) School's back in session...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
9/14/21 1:18 p.m.

Surprised no one here suggested a 1/2 ton pickup.  My college POS was a (then) 20-year old Suburban.  12 mpg meant I didn't drive it unless I needed to.  Parts were cheap and it was easy to fix.  2WD meant I stayed home when it snowed. 

A 20 year old truck nowadays is loads better than a 20 year old truck was when I was in school.  Yes, trucks aren't found cheap easily, but they don't depreciate as much, either. 

scooterfrog
scooterfrog Reader
9/15/21 10:01 a.m.

corolla S i go  y daughet a 2008  for about 4k

toyota for me / rfelaibiilty

she loved it cute, black, spoiler, sunroof.  added a Stereo.

mfennell
mfennell Reader
9/15/21 1:08 p.m.

A friend's son just started college.  He decided not to take his car the first semester.  Now that he's there, he's not sure he's going to bring it at all.  His feet do just fine to get him where he needs to go (University of Delaware), parking is expensive, and all the kids that do have cars are constantly getting pestered for rides.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/23/23 12:19 p.m.

Strange bump of old thread. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4cF39HzhcdvK2zoo7PpKIYxzWh9o4Ephigb7JId1BDweLBJK0OR9xdXf65c4V8UW