1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 6:04 p.m.
Toot said:

Keep your na, buy a rotrex supercharger, ecu, etc.   268hp at wheels at 15lbs.  Done.  Beats my wifes fully prepared cayman s every time at Sebring. 

Didn't want you to think that I ignored you.  I wanted to research them some.  Liked what I saw today but backordered right now.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
1/24/22 6:08 p.m.

I think the supercharger kits for the NA and NB are long out of production.  At least the positive displacement types.  You can still get a Rotrex through a couple of vendors, but not FM.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
1/24/22 6:41 p.m.
Stampie said:
Toot said:

Keep your na, buy a rotrex supercharger, ecu, etc.   268hp at wheels at 15lbs.  Done.  Beats my wifes fully prepared cayman s every time at Sebring. 

Didn't want you to think that I ignored you.  I wanted to research them some.  Liked what I saw today but backordered right now.

I think that's what NickD has on his car.  I'm surprised he hasn't found his way into this thread yet......

Stampie
1/24/22 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Yep and video because the intro is way too cool.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/22 3:13 p.m.

I had an NA 1.6 with the old Jackson Racing M45 supercharger, and it was a ton of fun to drive.  Made the car legit quick.  Lots of fun to drive, even though the power was likely still pretty modest.

Since you've already said you love your Miata, then definitely add on a bit of power and love it more.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/25/22 3:56 p.m.

If you want it done already, come write me a sufficient check and take my turbo Miata.  93 chassis, 2005 VVT motor and 5 speed, MK turbo kit pushing 10 psi, 3.6 diff, MS3Pro ECU,  and on and on to near infinity.  I'm well over 15K into the car and it's tuned to a conservative 240 hp.  My tuner doesn't want to twist it's tail any harder till we do a built bottom end and then he feels like we can hit 400 pretty easily.  

I bought the danged thing because it was a cheap and easy $4000 turbo Miata.  But when I got it home stuff started to break and I lost my damned mind building it "right".  If you're interested let me know and I can put together a pretty complete build list, it's extensive.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/22 4:12 p.m.

Also to consider, I have heard that a past V6 MR2 Challenge car may become available.

Stampie
1/25/22 4:23 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

I'm leaning towards supercharging plus no offense but I think I would prefer to build something like this myself. That way I only have myself to blame.

JAdams
JAdams Reader
1/25/22 4:26 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

Send me a pm with some details! I have one but can you ever have enough Miatas?

JAdams
JAdams Reader
1/25/22 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Great idea! If you need anything when you start down the path, the TDR Rotrex kit has been a blast and I'd love to help in any way. Just shoot me a pm!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/25/22 5:18 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

If you want it done already, come write me a sufficient check and take my turbo Miata.  93 chassis, 2005 VVT motor and 5 speed, MK turbo kit pushing 10 psi, 3.6 diff, MS3Pro ECU,  and on and on to near infinity.  I'm well over 15K into the car and it's tuned to a conservative 240 hp.  My tuner doesn't want to twist it's tail any harder till we do a built bottom end and then he feels like we can hit 400 pretty easily.  

I bought the danged thing because it was a cheap and easy $4000 turbo Miata.  But when I got it home stuff started to break and I lost my damned mind building it "right".  If you're interested let me know and I can put together a pretty complete build list, it's extensive.

Don't make me buy another Miata from you!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/25/22 6:51 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Ha!  You got a deal on the last one.   This one is much faster and equally hardcore.

Anyone interested can text me at 8five9six99eightthree4three

Toot
Toot New Reader
1/25/22 7:31 p.m.

No problem.  We installed the FM kit on a friends car and it is an excellent kit and he has no issues at all but the supercharger feels like you are driving a stock miata only faster.   The supercharged car runs about 10 degrees cooler in the summer which helps too.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/25/22 8:30 p.m.

My ex-Challenge NB Miata has the Moss-Jackson Racing M62 supercharger. It's certainly fun, more fun than my previous stock NB. Try it, you'll like it.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/26/22 3:06 a.m.

Supercharged Miata

since I can't sleep and we are talking about supercharged Miata's I found this one for you

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
1/26/22 6:38 a.m.

+1 on supercharging the Miata you already have, I put an FFS kit on my '91 in 2020, and it definitely made it more fun to drive. I think I mostly did it for the supercharger noises, but the quicker acceleration is nice too. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/26/22 7:01 a.m.

In reply to JShaawbaru :

Positive displacement superchargers make a great sound. 

Stampie
1/26/22 7:12 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Almost worth it to make a kart.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k8vzZfM5oMMb9RERHslvvudcnHUgVok9JVbC5zXTWPGbpMzbZcIDEzTTFHsTS3tz