1 ... 40 41 42 43 44
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
5/1/15 12:27 p.m.

Finished cleaning most parts. Still have to do the trundle assembly, but thats for another day. Got the paint (first coat) on the base. That will be in the table saw resto thread.

Got the sawblades swapped on the elky. Headed out to a cruise night 60 miles each way after a while.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
5/1/15 8:56 p.m.

Sold my cayenne wheels to fund some work on the 2500HD  photo 1414758283_zps649b930c.jpg

Bald tires on the stock wheels so I threw some others on there. Kinda like the look.

Checked the RMM, needs changed. Luckily I ordered one by accident a couple months ago so I'll do that tomorrow along with the other mounts.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
5/1/15 9:25 p.m.

Broke it. Never made it to the cruise night.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/15 8:18 p.m.

I'm in mid-valve job.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/2/15 8:32 p.m.

Modified some vents from another car to replace the crappy eyeball vents that come on Miatas.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/15 9:19 p.m.

I sold one.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/bicycles-for-sale-cannondale-m1000-mountain-bike-and-trek-alpha-road-bike/101122/page1/

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/2/15 9:33 p.m.

Today I mowed the lawn, trimmed some hedges, fertilized the lawn, killed some ants, painted my dock and went a couple three miles on my paddleboard. Tomorrow I will be working on a project though. Will be making a sign that shows bearing and distance to all the places we've lived. Sorta like the sign from MASH, but with the arrows pointing the correct orientation.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/15 9:43 p.m.

X type got e brake system gone through. Re attached cable and it works like new.

Finished torqueing the frount hubs to spec.

Broke down a tire to replace leaking valve stem.

Ran several tests and determined that my white smoke on startup is a leaking injector. I am psyched about this as I was worried that it was a head gasket.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
5/2/15 9:44 p.m.

fixed the random oil leak that started inside the car. 30 cents later its back to driving!

84FSP
84FSP Reader
5/2/15 10:33 p.m.

Got my wheels refinished and got the Rabbit road worthy. Psyched to nail down a bunch of small details to have it all set for the autox season and some shows.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/3/15 3:25 a.m.

I drove mine. It was awesome.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
5/3/15 7:51 a.m.

Yeah driving them is awesome, a new concept to me

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
5/3/15 8:38 a.m.

Mavhined the hub bore to hub interface on the new wheels after beating them off with a hammer. Should not have been a press fit.

Odd chassis feel still there. Next is checking balance and trueness of wheels and tires. Maybe one is egg shaped.

Only feel it from 60-70 mph, and started after wheels were changed. Same tires...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/15 8:52 a.m.

I almost finished building the underdeck mast support for my boat. Still needs a couple pieces of wood and then a lot of sanding and painting...

meanwhile I lost quite a bit of hair to pull epoxy off of my left arm

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado HalfDork
5/3/15 7:53 p.m.

Yesterday:

Today:

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/15 8:05 p.m.

Yikes. What are those pieces?^

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/15 8:12 p.m.

My guess would be expensive and fairly important.

5/3/15 8:20 p.m.

Reverse drum on a ZF 5hp19.

Apparently very, very common failure.

I'm going to throw $200 in parts at it and hope for the best. Anybody want to buy a slightly used e46 wagon?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/15 8:52 p.m.

what you get for buying an automatic BMW

5/3/15 9:00 p.m.

Yeah, point me towards a clean title e46 wagon with a manual transmission that isn't outrageously priced before you judge me too hard.

I bet a guy could survive on doing manual swaps and reselling these things. There's a 3k price hop between auto's and manuals (if you can find them).

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/3/15 9:17 p.m.

Drove it home after it sat for a week in someone else's garage.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/4/15 8:08 a.m.

I started stripping my latest parts car. It'll donate trans swap parts and give me a spare 8V Turbo for our '84 900T.

Here's the donor and the recipient:

Some of the booty so far:

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
5/4/15 8:22 a.m.

I hit up a swap meet and picked up some cool aluminum valve covers and an air cleaner for the crustang.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
5/4/15 11:51 a.m.

Finished installing the front motor mount on the MX6 which required removing, cutting part of the threaded part off and cleaning up the threads on the bolt and nut. Turned the idle screw all the way down. Threw some gas in it and drove it around the block and parked it until I get insurance and a temp tag to attempt smog. Put an oil change reminder sticker on the IS300.

e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
5/4/15 12:07 p.m.

Got an exhaust installed on the e46. Rear muffler gone, replaced with an aero resonator and twin 2.5" tips. Looks stock, sounds amazing

1 ... 40 41 42 43 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zdp5yBkQQaqWKORS7Opi9fp5nhr7TiLncWdj39GfHO0oAX0zDxO4MRfFi83B5ufL