1 2 3
frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
1/30/23 11:36 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Look seriously atFirestone Winterforce!!  Very affordable. And really good traction.  
    You do know that winter tires need to be removed when temps  get above 45. 
   I buy an extra set of rims and that way I get several years out of a set   That way a set of summer tire last a lot longer

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
1/30/23 11:58 a.m.

In reply to pheller :

Start here!

https://simpletire.com/

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/30/23 1:09 p.m.

I took a chance on some Chinese snows from Simpletire and have been very happy with them so far, they have been great in the two goos snowfalls we have had so far.  Petlas Snow Master W601.  I also got a set of these:  Goodyear WinterCommand 205/55R16XL 94T BSW , They were $88 each shipped to the house.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/30/23 1:36 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I put a set of Sailun Ice Blazers on my B13 Sentra.  They work pretty darn well, for $200cdn worth of tires.

I ran those for two seasons commuting and I was very happy with them.

I paid $300 for 4 on rims and sold them for that after two seasons use.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
1/30/23 4:14 p.m.

Armstrong Ski-Trac at $64 195/60-15

My girlfriend has on her 2020 Civic Si and honestly they are pretty impressive. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/23 10:03 a.m.
cdowd said:

I bought the sumitomo ice edge for my BMW X5 last winter as I was going to sell it this summer.  I got them in 235/65/18 for 360 delivered.  I was impressed with them for a cheap snow tire.  I liked them enough to buy a set for my 16 yo son for his Saab.

resurrecting this thread because holy berkeleyballs the sumitomo ice edge is the loudest tire i've ever heard. astute readers will recognize that this is the car i bought from cdowd a couple years ago. if you didn't know how quiet this car is on no-seasons, and you drove it today on these winter tires, you'd think it has four bad wheel bearings.

we have a set of General Altimax Arctic 12's on the Escape, and i'm probably going to grab a set to replace these skull-crushingly loud Sumitomos.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hZwrEhPOAbj7x78KnUfqBpWDVFf13DSTsUREa6alq0hT1h7tLUDX3tnsbXWKAMBP