1 2
irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/6/22 7:07 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I realized something regarding the tires on our cars: The highest treadwear currently in our fleet is 240, and that includes my wife's daily. 

some of us live places where there is weather not called "sun" lol. 

Your tow vehicle has <240TW? So extreme.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
7/7/22 4:48 a.m.

I've reached a point in my life where all my cars have full matched sets of tires.

I'm living the dream.

billy69
billy69 New Reader
7/7/22 10:23 a.m.

sergio
sergio HalfDork
7/7/22 9:45 p.m.

Hankook RS4 on the race car

Firestone Indy 500 on the Speed3 and TL Type-S

miatafan
miatafan GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/7/22 9:50 p.m.

General G-Max AS-05 on my 2016 MX-5 (daily driver with 80k miles)

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/22 10:17 a.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:
David S. Wallens said:

I realized something regarding the tires on our cars: The highest treadwear currently in our fleet is 240, and that includes my wife's daily. 

some of us live places where there is weather not called "sun" lol. 

Your tow vehicle has <240TW? So extreme.

Truck tires don't have treadwear ratings. :)

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/22 8:54 p.m.
miatafan said:

General G-Max AS-05 on my 2016 MX-5 (daily driver with 80k miles)

I have a brand new set of these on my Focus and I am very happy with them. I just did a semi aggressive drive on Skyline Blvd in NorCal today and they did great. No under steer and quiet on the road. Strangely they seem to have improved my gas mileage. Thumbs up for the price. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/11/22 10:12 a.m.

I've generally been pretty stoked on Continental DWS on the Focus RS. I loved the PS4S but ran through them QUICKLY. The DWS seems is a good mix of dry/wet performance and treadwear, IMHO. That said: They don't like to be tracked or autocrossed. The outer edge of the tires "chunked" after 5 laps at AMP.

I'm currently running a used set of A7's for autocross from that dude on the board(?) near Road America with really good results.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
7/11/22 11:56 a.m.

I run Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the Solstice coupe - probably the best all around street tire I have driven on.  300 wear index.

The BMW Z4M coupe got a slightly lesser tire, the BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2, also very good but not leading edge.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/11/22 10:37 p.m.

General ATX on the Jimmy as my winter ride. Great traction but noisy.

Riken Raptors on the 2000 Firebird  for the summer. Cheapest I could find at the time and they are terrible. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
7/11/22 11:38 p.m.

As of about a week ago both of my cars have conti DWS06+ on them. I wasn't quite sure how they'd be on the cayman but I figured it was worth a try considering how cheap they are and how much I liked them on the fiesta. So far I'm a few hundred miles in and have no regrets. To be fair, the previous ECS were so beat that just about anything new would have been at least a marginal improvement, but still.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mz8eNfLCd8kq08vPO9wkTzAhrxt6vSOPzoKaeKg3hLrrpx5hjlzGytbKOkrhSDCv