1 2
BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
4/26/22 7:25 p.m.

I have E-rated Falken Wildpeaks on my 2500 Suburban. I would recommend them.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/26/22 9:09 p.m.

I have the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on my truck and have been happy with them so far.  I picked them over the BFG KO2's based on the tirerack.com reviews.

Turns out my brother in law has them on his F250 as well and he is happy with them too.

They ride nicely, are quiet, look cool and so far have towed well.

I have the Michelin LTX's on my wife's Armada and they have been great for 30k miles.  They wear nicely and are quiet.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/22 9:11 p.m.

I just ordered the Kumho's .  I decided that this is a dedicated tow rig with no off road (2wd) so no need for AT.  Looking back over the last 10 years I only had one case where I had a low traction problem and I could have worked around it.  The Michelin tire comparable were $250ish more.  The Kumho's ratings were higher than the Yoko's that I felt were the best I'd experience before so yeah that's what I did.

Oh let me add my experience today.  So tire rack has local places that you can ship to and they'll install them.  I went to Firestone Complete Auto Care at 1008 University Blvd N, Jacksonville, FL today because they were the closest Tire Rack recommended installer.  Walked in and asked the simple question of "Hey I'm looking to buy tires from Tire Rack and have them shipped here.  How much do you charge to install 4 tires plus move my best tire to the spare wheel?"  That should have been a response of "Oh we charge $X per tire so you're looking at five times $X."  Nope the guy's response was ok what's your phone number?  Why do you need my phone number to install tires?  Well the system ask for it.  Thank you we'll go somewhere else.

So headed down to my Jordanian used tire guy.  Tried to buy his stock Hummer wheels.  Didn't succeed.  They quoted me a simple $20 each for mount and balance plus $5 per tire disposable fee if I didn't take the old ones with me.  My Jordanian Hummer lover friend will get my money.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/26/22 9:36 p.m.

You'll like the Kuhmos.  The best thing is you went E-Load Range.  My Super Duty, 2wd came to me with Toyo Open Country HTs.  They seem great but I feel the real confidence of them comes from the fact that they are true E-Load Range.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/22 9:37 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Agreed.  I've loved every Kumho I've owned.  

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/27/22 11:25 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Michelin LTX is a premium tire and you'll pay through the nose.... and they are absolutely helpless in the snow and ice.  Watching my brother-in-law spinning 3 out of 4 LTX trying to get out of his driveway in 4" of snow completely soured me on them.

Don't fall for the popularity of BFG KOs.  They were the pinnacle of A/T greatness... 15 years ago.  Compared to today's tech, they have a lot of compromises.  Still a great tire, but they don't live up to the hype.

have these on my suburban in Minnesota.  This is not my experience.  

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
4/27/22 12:03 p.m.

I live in Michigan. Have had LTX's on my last 3 trucks. I love them.  Fantastic traction in the snow....usure why Curtis's BL couldnt get moving. Maybe they were very aged? 

I tow a 5k lb trailer with my Armada. No issues. Very confident in rain, +dry as well. Smooth and efficient on highway. I don't offroad much, but they do fine on two tracks and mud holes. 

Michelin also runs 200 off a set sales at differnt points through the year. get them on a sale and they aren't much more than any other brand. 

Mine have 60k on them and still probably have a good 20k left. Considering the towing and 6,000lb weight of a Armada, I'm very happy. 

Don't look very cool though. 

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
4/27/22 3:28 p.m.

I've got 40k miles on Wildpeaks on my Sequoia and they've been good.  Think I'm going to try LTX's next, hoping they will be a bit quieter and better on gas.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pFyEoJyuzQpfJNPWArWL5BtdnkVemutXBfaepFtfgTPVuWeaUTnbyBOETcuceXAI