10/4/11 8:01 p.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/11 8:07 p.m.

not sure.. but I like where this thread is heading

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
10/4/11 8:40 p.m.

I'll take a set 15x7 4x100 et13 please...

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/4/11 8:44 p.m.

I don't know, but I have a feeling they would look awesome on my future 912...

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan New Reader
10/4/11 9:08 p.m.

The spokes look a lot like mahle "gas burners." That's proved to be a useless connection though... so I wouldn't suggest looking for any connection there.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/4/11 9:18 p.m.

These Mahle Gas Burners?

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan New Reader
10/4/11 9:28 p.m.

Yeah, I'm not saying the similarity goes any further than the spokes and the bolt pattern - it doesn't. Just thought I share that it's a useless starting point for IDing the wheels.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
10/4/11 9:30 p.m.

Compomotive? Kinda have that vibe.

peter
peter Reader
10/4/11 9:38 p.m.

correct me if I'm wrong, but the original 914 wheels were 4-lugs, so these are either 914-6 specific, or fit another source, probably P-car?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/11 9:38 p.m.

Campagnolo I believe.

an old for sale thread on some:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/320164-wtb-campagnolo-9x15.html

RandyS
RandyS Reader
10/4/11 9:43 p.m.

ding ding ding. We have a winner. Now, where to find a set?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
10/4/11 9:53 p.m.

Compomotive, Campagnolo- a lot of the same letters. I was close.

turboswede
10/4/11 10:05 p.m.

They came on a lot of Italian iron, from Fiat to Ferrari.

Some were Magnesium and very, very light (and can be fragile)

Good luck on finding those particular versions though.

turboswede
10/4/11 10:08 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: Compomotive, Campagnolo- a lot of the same letters. I was close.

Compomotive actually make Campagnolo replica wheels, so you're partially right ;)

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/11 10:23 p.m.

Why doesn't anyone make cool wheel like this anymore? All I ever seem to find is 20" of bling-bling

turboswede
10/4/11 10:47 p.m.

Because the blingers are paying customers, well some are, others just lease them. Using their Mom's credit.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
10/4/11 11:02 p.m.

Those wheels look like Campagnolo 40802s, which were found on early Porsche 911s.

http://www.histowheels.com/Campagnolo/Campagnolo-40802/

There are some forged replicas floating around on eBay, but they are expensive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-Campagnolo-10-x-15-Forged-Racing-Wheel-/150388184123?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2303d5943b

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
10/4/11 11:12 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Compomotive actually make Campagnolo replica wheels, so you're partially right ;)

Ah! Thanks.

Gearheadotaku wrote: Why doesn't anyone make cool wheel like this anymore? All I ever seem to find is 20" of bling-bling

Actually, Compomotive still make some very cool wheels.

http://www.comp.co.uk/wheels/replica.asp

Cool wheels are out there, they just cost a ton. Some of the classic JDM style wheels are being knocked off today for cheap money. I love my Konig Rewinds on my Celica.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
10/4/11 11:30 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: Cool wheels are out there, they just cost a ton. Some of the classic JDM style wheels are being knocked off today for cheap money. I love my Konig Rewinds on my Celica.

It's a lot easier to get replicas of old-school JDM wheels. Koenig, Axis, Rota, etc. make replicas of a bunch of different styles. Enkei is bringing back some of their old styles, and Hayashi Racing is reviving their Street models and selling them in the US via Mackin Industries (5Zigen Wheels' distributor). If/when I buy some nostalgic J-tin in the future, I'd rock a real set of authentic Hayashi Sakuras at car shows and the Axis Sakura replicas for street driving. The Axis wheels won't bend as easily on MA's crappy roads and if they do, then I'm not out half a mint.

OP: I'm sure you can find some nice Campagnolo/Compomotive replicas on any Italian car vendor's site, though aside from eBay I can't find the Porsche-style wheels. I thought I saw some Abarth replicas for 550 quid apiece on one UK site.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/11 11:37 p.m.

I would love to see Enkei bring back the RPO1

plance1
plance1 Dork
10/5/11 5:30 a.m.

Maybe we should make a rule that all threads have to start with a cool pic...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/11 6:00 a.m.

I saw these advertised in the British magazine Classic Porsche last month. They are new Cromodora CD68 replicas manufactured by Group 4 Wheels. They are crazy expensive.

http://www.group4wheels.com/

RandyS
RandyS Reader
10/5/11 6:33 a.m.

Thanks for the link Woody. Looks like about $400 a wheel for the replica's + shipping. From the ebay ad seems Mrfiat in Atlanta (who i've purchased stuff from before) carries them.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
10/5/11 8:51 p.m.

I just learned that both Hayashi and Rota made replica's too. Unfortunatley neither are still in production, neither came in the offset I need, and neither were exact replicas as the barrel diameter and spokes are missing the mark a little.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
10/6/11 6:55 p.m.

The Group4 wheels are also made by Compomotive. They are the best in the business for still making EVERY wheel they ever made, if you want to order a run

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
90BamVYFSlAdOer6A0s9L48fYb9VkQW3hNt2WLyKhs4bXAh7N4MBkRuTMejARzSk