Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
12/19/22 8:03 a.m.
feature_image

During our low-dollar interior refresh, we installed some high-dollar electronics: Racepak IQ3 Logger Dash, SmartWire Power Control Module and 8-switch SmartWire Keypad.

At north of $4000, this electronics package wasn’t inexpensive, but it did allow us to rewire the car from scratch, replacing the OEM fuse box with a completely solid-state, programmable replacement.

The …

Read the rest of the story

te72
te72 HalfDork
12/20/22 10:24 a.m.

I bought an Aim digital dash similar to yours, shortly before the color dash revolution took place. Wish I'd waited. The non configurable (beyond scale) tach is basically useless, as it's maybe 1/2" tall. On a medium hp car that revs up quickly, the thing is difficult to use in your peripherial, where the stock ~5" needle style tach was very intuitive.

My next setup will be a color configurable dash, like your AEM.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
2/6/23 9:10 a.m.

this may be the bump I need to get GRM+ I have this same dash but I have no idea how to use the logger and I cannot for the life of me get the gear indicator to read correctly... its always showing 0!

also balancing the RPM filter for the tachometer to work in all gears better seems like just a compromise... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ACqpHkePp9oXxMNZy26q0zNCwyZ1PLwdUDayxebbt05X1BYQaasU0X1EaNWJyig5