GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/17/22 10:19 a.m.

My stepdad gives corvette owners a good name. He's first on the draw for New Balance jokes, he has entire joking outfits to wear to poke fun at other owners (and to embarrass my mom) and has recovered a C4, C2 and a modded C6 ZO6 now. 

Problem is tho, my stepdad has pretty much everything he could need and we're grasping at straws for Christmas presents. We've focused on the ZO6 because it's been his big project- it was a modded mutt that was sold to a local dealer with no paperwork, and on startup you can tell it's got come kind of cam in it- and my mom has found OEM ZO6 wheel bolt covers he was gonna write off on, but I can't see a single thing that's ZO6 branded thing he might need. It's not missing the seats, or the ZO6 mats, or badges... best I could see it needing is maybe branded rear calipers if they exist? Can anyone recommend something he might need, for a 2005 ZO6?

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
12/17/22 11:18 a.m.

E85 continental sensor and a tune.  One of my favorite LS mods thus far.  E85 was $3.03 a gallon vs $5.05 for premium and MO horsepower.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/17/22 12:07 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

It's already got an unknown cam in it... but it's a thought, thank you!

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
12/17/22 12:33 p.m.

Gold chain

Ponytail

Hot August Nights t-shirt

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
12/17/22 12:39 p.m.

Any Z06 branded clothing he doesn't have yet?

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/17/22 12:43 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Hot August Nights t-shirt

That one's apart of the Corvette joke outfit- including white tube socks and a hat that makes it seem like he has a toupee that peels off in the wind with the top down.

So there's not really anything like, coffee mug or shirt that isn't branded that I can snag him, lol

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/17/22 1:20 p.m.

You keep saying he has everything... 

One of my rules for gifts to people older than me is to buy them consumables. What I mean is do not buy them another "thing" like a coffee mug. He has many "things.". Instead, give him something that goes away. 

In automotive terms that could be cleaning products like some really nice detail chemicals.  Or, a full complement of synthetic fluids if he's the type to change his own fluids. 

Other consumables could be food, steaks, restaurants, etc. Or, entertainment like movies or theater, etc. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/17/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Ooh, that's a great idea! I can pester my mom to see what detailers he uses- or on the outside, if he wants to take it onto a track if there's a pair of tires he might want. Thanks!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/17/22 1:56 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

If hes not the type to wash/wax the car himself then maybe a gift cert to a quality detail shop to have the car done.  

Even just two tires for a Z06 could end up being a really big gift! 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
12/17/22 2:02 p.m.

If you dig around online, you can occasionally find interesting items that don't make it to the general public.

Dealer promotion items, stuff like that.

I was given a Pontiac plant security badge as a gift once.

I had a cast aluminum SCTA plaque given to me that I passed on to a friend.

I love stuff like that.

Maybe find some dealer only automobilia for him.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
12/17/22 2:58 p.m.

They make car covers that say z06, and some that are printed to look like the factory yellow race car    

maybe a z06 flag/banner for the garage?

They make a  thing that goes between the seats they call a waterfall 

a zo6 logo'd exhaust cover?

z06 parking only sign?

jake stickers? (Jake is the corvette skull)

z06 valve stem caps?

also, no z06 in 05.  
05 first year of c6 chassis

06 first z06 in the c6

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/17/22 3:12 p.m.
John Welsh said:

One of my rules for gifts to people older than me is to buy them consumables. What I mean is do not buy them another "thing" like a coffee mug. He has many "things.". Instead, give him something that goes away.

This is a great idea, not just for Girthquake's stepdad but for everyone.  I know I have more stuff than I'll ever use and don't need anything for gifts or presents, and I think a lot of older people feel the same way.

I just looked and multiple places sell Corvette themed cookies and other consumables...does he have a sweet tooth?  smiley

gsettle
gsettle New Reader
12/17/22 3:32 p.m.

Take to the steakhouse and buy his dinner. That's what us old men like

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/22 4:25 p.m.

I like John's consumable/detail idea best so far.

I'd personally like THIS if I had a c6 z06...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/22 5:56 p.m.

You need to come up with a gaudy vinyl mural that he can put under the hood.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/17/22 6:12 p.m.
Stampie said:

You need to come up with a gaudy vinyl mural that he can put under the hood.

Dang son yu beat me to it cheeky

johndej
johndej SuperDork
12/17/22 6:27 p.m.

His car in miniature/matchbox/model form?

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/22 6:48 p.m.

Get him 20 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D0J5GQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

ARP 3.25" wheel studs.  With these he can run any wheel combo he wants.  And nothing says "race car" like the studs sticking out of the open lugs by a couple inches.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dWIGRIcMzgK7fyjeodajvS4OQxJJ0Lb0PQKMiuj8Qv9yTbUvISBB9Ha4KqQ1YmPd