1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/1/22 3:47 p.m.

I photo bombed your booth last night as we were finishing up ours (around 7:30) :).  

Oh the graffiti!!!

(and then promptly removed it because i'm a good neighbor)

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
11/1/22 4:43 p.m.

This thing looks GOOD in person. 

And it appears to be a hatchback!

msterbeau
msterbeau New Reader
11/1/22 5:11 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Once again, cool cars in Toyo's space.

Photo linked from SEMA's FB.

I love clean little import "hot rods" like this. I had a 77 Honda Civic for a while in college.  It would look great modified like this!  

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
11/1/22 5:40 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

If you are here past the show and you want to get a BMX bike ride in let me know...........I got extras. LOL

msterbeau
msterbeau New Reader
11/1/22 5:45 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Toyota has released some details on its forthcoming GR Cup cars:

Upon arrival at TGRNA’s North Carolina facility, each GR86 will be fitted with Bosch® engine management, custom Borla® exhaust, SADEV® 6-speed sequential transmission, Alcon® brakes, adjustable JRI Shocks®, OMP® safety equipment, roll cage, carbon fiber rear wing, 22-gallon fuel cell, TGRNA designed MacPherson struts, Stratasys® custom bodywork, a TGRNA designed splitter and more.

The 14-race series, sanctioned by SRO America, will hit seven tracks: Sonoma Raceway, COTA, VIR, Music City Grand Prix, Road America and Sebring.

Too bad these things are so expensive.  I was expecting $70K-$80K not $130K.  :-(

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
11/1/22 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

These are awesome.  For the price of two, I get what I originally paid for my Falcon.  Still, I might dream . . .

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
11/1/22 6:25 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah, I know they're custom but what was the order here? Just trying to picture this particular wheel on a Viper....

I'm hoping 6x5.5 to add some vintage wheel flair to my 72 Airstream. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/1/22 6:49 p.m.

Can we make requests?  

Pics and your thoughts on Hoonipig?  It's such an epic build that I hope someday to see, but as is the cycle of sponsored builds I am concerned it's time in the limelight will fade before I cross paths with it.  

Apparently the Pennzoil booth has a Honda Ridgeline with a Indycar drivetrain in it.  That sounds pretty cool.. 

Tom Suddard said:

Spotted the return of GLH:

Still not claiming this untill someone test a Omni glh and this head to head. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/1/22 6:56 p.m.

A new color for Gram Lights 57DR and 57CR: Mach Yellow.

David S. Wallens
11/1/22 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Thank you for the invite, but I'm doing the show remotely as we also have HSR here at Daytona this week. 

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/1/22 7:28 p.m.
nocones said:

Can we make requests?  

Pics and your thoughts on Hoonipig?  It's such an epic build that I hope someday to see, but as is the cycle of sponsored builds I am concerned it's time in the limelight will fade before I cross paths with it.  

I don't do instagram, but our marketing agency told me this should have what you're looking for:

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/22 7:36 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

This thing looks GOOD in person. 

Could you do us all a favor and put those color samples in a box labeled "New Miata Colors" and just drop it off at the Mazda booth?

David S. Wallens
11/1/22 8:26 p.m.

Nissan took the wraps off its forthcoming GT4 Z race car:

From the release:

For the Nissan Z GT4’s inaugural 2023 season, Nissan/NISMO will provide cars to pilot customer teams in the US and Japan for the SRO Pirelli GT4 America series and Super Taikyu Series, respectively. NISMO will also offer technical support. Vehicles are scheduled to be supplied from 2024, with orders being accepted from mid-2023.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/2/22 9:02 a.m.

Big fan of Toyota's GR Corolla Rally Concept:

TL;DR:

• Based on a Circuit Edition GR Corolla, the concept features a fabricated body kit (inspired by the Gazoo Racing WRC Yaris) meant to maximize downforce.
  • Comes fitted with 17-inch OZ Racing wheels with 215/60R17 Continental VikingContact 7 tires, and fully adjustable TEIN Gravel Rally coil-overs.
  • The only power adders fitted are a custom Magnaflow exhaust and a GR high-flow air filter.
  • Safety additions include a full cage plus OMP belts and fire suppression system.

LAS VEGAS (Nov. 1, 2022) – The 2023 GR Corolla debuted earlier this year and gives North American driving enthusiasts the hot hatch they’ve been asking for. Before the new addition to the Toyota GR sports car model line becomes available in Toyota dealerships in 2023, Toyota provides a glimpse of the new model’s potential for aftermarket customization with its GR Corolla Rally Concept.

On display at the 2022 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center is Toyota’s new and expanded exhibit (Central Hall, Booth No. 22200), including the GR Corolla Rally Concept – rocket fuel for those who love Toyota sports cars and rally performance.

“The all-new GR Corolla checks all the driving excitement boxes – 300 horsepower, turbocharged performance, standard six-speed manual,all-wheel-drive handling and hot hatch functionality,” said Lisa Materazzo, group vice president – Toyota Division Marketing. “The GR Corolla Rally Concept shows what happens when we apply a healthy dose of Toyota Gazoo Racing DNA and expand the GR Corolla’s rallying roots.”

Starting with a 2023 GR Corolla Circuit Edition, Marty Schwerter and the Toyota Motorsports Garage team – Brad Vetter, lead fabricator; Justin Lacore, fabricator; and David Senn, technician – nailed the goal of creating an ultimate rally machine. Inspired by the Toyota Gazoo Racing GR Yaris Rally1 World Rally Championship race car, they focused on applying many of the race car’s technologies and characteristics to this concept.

The first task was creating functional rally car bodywork that complements the GR Corolla’s already dynamic look. They fabricated an aggressive wide body configuration with massive three-inch fender flares made from 20-gauge steel, and integrated carbon composite side skirts. Huge openings in front and rear fenders direct and exhaust dirty air from the wheel openings, and the fenders are aerodynamically designed to create maximum downforce.

More aero and downforce advantages come by way of a carbon composite front splitter with a 4.5-inch overall length, and a massive custom-fabricated carbon fiber rear wing. This design features both a wing and spoiler providing two elements of downforce, with side plates mounted to the hatch to align the wing with the vehicle’s roofline.

Of primary importance was increasing airflow to the custom oil and transmission coolers mounted in the interior and just behind the driver and navigator. The team custom designed functional rear quarter windows with vents directing air to the coolers, and Toyota North America R&D Engineering Design Innovation 3D-printed the components.

On the corners are 17 x 8-inch OZ Racing wheels with 215/60R17 Continental VikingContact® 7 tires, and fully adjustable TEIN Gravel Rally coilovers to complete the package. The team kept the GR Corolla’s robust and capable brake setup with 14 x 1.1-inch ventilated and slotted rotors with four-piston aluminum calipers, then added Wilwood® turning brakes – a secondary set of rear calipers – to help provide the braking and turning control needed for gravel rally terrain. Combined with the custom bodywork, the result is a stance that is six inches wider than stock.

The production G16E-GTS 1.6-liter, three-cylinder port injected turbo, 12-valve DOHC engine with its single-scroll ball-bearing turbocharger that already produces a healthy 300 horsepower and 273 lb.-ft. of torque, provides a solid heartbeat for this new hot hatch. With the help of MagnaFlow®, the team added a fully custom exhaust system and GR high flow air filter to help optimize airflow and exhaust performance.

The interior is all rally driving function and purpose, with the team adding only what a rally team needs and modifying the rear seats to fit the roll cage and spare tire. The GR Corolla Rally Concept features OMP® Racing seats and belts, a custom full cage made from TIG welded 1 3/4-inch x .095 DOM steel, OMP Racing fire suppression system, ZeroNoise® rally intercom system and a spare tire mount and jack. With the addition of the turning brake system, the team slightly relocated the standard six-speed manual shifter to provide optimal driver ergonomics.

Adding Toyota Gazoo Racing-inspired paintwork by Complete Customs®, McKinney, Texas, completes the goal of enticing the imagination of what can be done with the dynamic GR Corolla canvas.

Toyota is displaying 12 additional special project concepts in its SEMA Show exhibit at the Las Vegas Convention Center Nov. 1-4, 2022, showcasing a breadth of on- and off-pavement performance and adventure.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/22 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

That's the stuff right there!

calteg
calteg SuperDork
11/2/22 11:06 a.m.

I'm most interested in the TTV6 that Lexus stuffed into the IS350. 600hp on corn juice. I've suspected for a while that power plant will be in the next gen IS-F, which is why the top dog trim is an IS500, and not IS-F...

David S. Wallens
11/2/22 11:13 a.m.

The Scalar SCR1, kinda like an EV BRZ.

David S. Wallens
11/2/22 11:19 a.m.

Lifeline supplies the fire system and rain light for the Scalar SCR1, so here are some photos:

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/22 11:36 a.m.

How about the 911 GT3 with a WRX motor in it? Has anyone been able to look it over?

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
11/2/22 11:43 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Spotted the return of GLH:

I'm actually excited about the Hornet.  I liked the first views of the Alfa Romeo Tonale when it was released and giggled when I saw the Dodge boys took it and ran with it.  The ICE engine has 268hp/295lb-ft.  The PHEV numbers are 288hp/383 lb-ft.  Pretty decent numbers and a starting sticker of right at $30k.  I think I'm more interested in what Dodge will offer for performance.  They have already said there will be performance packs available (not just the GLH sticker kit) and I kinda hope they end up with nutty stage kits (like the SRT-4) that are still under warranty.

-Rob

David S. Wallens
11/2/22 12:32 p.m.

From Holley's booth.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/22 12:42 p.m.

Doesn't really look like a classic Mustang, but it sure looks cool to me!

David S. Wallens
11/2/22 1:14 p.m.

Hey, it's BimmerWorld's James Clay signing autographs in the Red LIne Oil booth.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
11/2/22 1:20 p.m.

New from Factory Five: Pair a modern F-150 cab and running gear with their kit, and you'll get a Raptor-beating trophy truck with 20 inches of suspension travel. Time to start browsing Co-Part for a wrecked pickup. 

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zZKk12gjJdytSSdO35AerSBfvIDdSaCKKBk0ECSZNa7chaFYGz6w1XsXSSZ1O6Iu