1 2 3
bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
10/14/10 1:38 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
slantvaliant wrote:
poopshovel wrote: 4-door turbo slant-six mopar sleeper. sigh.
Early A-bodies are the lightest, and '64's are the prettiest ... Just sayin' Photobucket
In absolute, 100% agreement. You'll want to NOT look at this link...unless you're prepared to drive to GA this weekend: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2000857243.html

Uh, what? Uh, I, mm, can't think of a thing to say after looking at that link, except I wish I was prepared to drive to GA this weekend. Wow. That thing can't be as nice as it looks, can it?

thestig99
thestig99 New Reader
10/14/10 2:12 p.m.

Finding a job :(

More power.

Wheels vs photo gear.

Etc.

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
10/14/10 3:07 p.m.
Luke wrote: Cars-wise, that is. Currently for me, it's hot hatches. This Alfa Sud popped up for sale just now. Absolutely freakin' mint, but a bit more than I can afford at the moment. I've also been emailing a guy about this much scruffier example. Dirt cheap and running well, but rusty in places that scare me slightly. Probably a no go. Wrangler Rubicon called... He wants his flares back
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
10/14/10 3:08 p.m.

Cafe Racers...

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
10/14/10 3:38 p.m.
oldtin wrote: monoposto bike engined locost - bodywork like 30s-50s f1

THIS! I want desperately to do a single seat F1 looking car, maybe a Ferrari sharknose 156 looking affair. I get strange tingly feelings thinking about driving one of those. Maybe with a Ducati desmo and a sequential gearbox...

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
10/14/10 3:54 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: You'll want to NOT look at this link...unless you're prepared to drive to GA this weekend: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2000857243.html

I'm using all my restraint to keep from going down the street and getting THIS.

Ok not a slant, but a 318 with a 4-speed could be fun, too. Funny, he's got a dent in the hood within inches of the dent in mine.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
10/14/10 10:19 p.m.

I need to get off craigslist and finish the projects I already have instead of finding new ones I don't need. (78' zephyr, 68' C10, 94 se-r, ...)

Get the fairlane running right, learn to tune that carb.

Get the drive mod installed in the camaro and enjoy it at another tenth higher.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/14/10 10:50 p.m.

Looking for a new car for Mom

Looking for a Full time job

Wanting to go off-roading

Looking for a local Kart league

smog7
smog7 Dork
10/15/10 12:38 a.m.

hoping to have enough $$ to fix my car that I have been ignoring (new turbo and exhaust wouldn't be bad either)

wanting to go on a road trip; cal hw 1

wanting to move to san jose

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 HalfDork
10/15/10 4:05 a.m.

Well, let's see...

If a 4.0 v6 Ford would be a good fit in a Type 2 VW, about a '75 model...

If it's worth the trouble to put the Plymouth Arrow PU back together...

How the devil do I get enough money to do ALL the stuff I want to do without working a bunch of overtime that isn't being offered, and how do I work said (unoffered) OT and still have time to do the things I want to do...

Lots of stuff, I guess.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
10/15/10 10:41 a.m.

19x8s with 235/35/19, H&R springs and Bilstein sports for my Speed 3.

Intake/exhaust would be nice too, but don't want to worry with the warranty concerns.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
10/15/10 10:45 a.m.

lamenting that i have to fix broken exhaust manifold bolts on my TBSS.

and wondering why i cant seem to escape exhaust system related problems on literally every vehicle i've ever owned, stock or otherwise...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/15/10 11:29 a.m.

Putting the new trans axle in the 924s.. . . . Beer.. . . . Weekend with the in-laws.... . . . Beer.. . .. . . Clean my basement shop up and put some shelving in.. . . . Beer.. . . MS project.. . . I have to get my self to start soldering the wires from the MS to the DME plug and sort the TPS out.. .. And Maps. .. . . Beer.. . .. Its Friday!!!!!!!

Dam I think I may have a drinking problem here.. ..

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/15/10 1:00 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
slantvaliant wrote:
poopshovel wrote: 4-door turbo slant-six mopar sleeper. sigh.
Early A-bodies are the lightest, and '64's are the prettiest ... Just sayin' Photobucket
In absolute, 100% agreement. You'll want to NOT look at this link...unless you're prepared to drive to GA this weekend: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2000857243.html
Uh, what? Uh, I, mm, can't think of a thing to say after looking at that link, except I wish I was prepared to drive to GA this weekend. Wow. That thing can't be as nice as it looks, can it?

I dunno. But without $2k cash in my pocket, I'm not going to drive out there and find out. Wouldn't surprise me if it is as nice as it looks. People are dumping their toys left and right. I saw a dude dump the price $200 a week on a nice 4-door driver dart with good paint and interior. Last price I saw was $1,000.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/15/10 1:07 p.m.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1982005763.html

Argh.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
10/15/10 2:03 p.m.

Oncall this weekend . . . that means I have time to actually put hands on the 5.0L for the E36

That and finish my cheap ass shelving for the garage. I recycled an old entertainment center. Cut the top and bottom parts off, paint, added lights, and mounted on the wall.

Instant shelving!!!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
10/15/10 2:18 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: In absolute, 100% agreement. You'll want to NOT look at this link...unless you're prepared to drive to GA this weekend: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2000857243.html

OH MY YES!! . . . Dammit, I shouldn't looked at that link.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/15/10 2:40 p.m.

Getting our Solstice GXP Coupe dynoed this weekend after installing the GM Stage 1 kit. Should have graphs to post on Monday...and yes, we did a baseline dyno first.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
10/15/10 2:57 p.m.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
10/15/10 3:33 p.m.

Miata.

No seriously. Once my fiancee and I are married next July, I will be buying a Miata. Saving for a house is for silly people.

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
10/16/10 1:23 a.m.
pete240z wrote:

I'm sending you my dry-cleaning bill.

MikeSVO
MikeSVO Reader
10/16/10 8:59 a.m.

I love that Sonnet! Very, very good looking car. :D

I just bought a house, so moving in is on my mind. But once the dust settles, I have two projects that I've been considering.

Since I got the 93 Vette, I've been thinking about yanking the motor out of my Mustang, selling the body and buying a roller 92-96 C4. Since the Mustang motor is neither a Chevy motor nor a V8, I'm sure Corvette people would not talk to me. But it would be my favorite motor in my (almost) favorite car - I would LOVE THAT!!

I really want to do a 67-68 Mustang coupe to fastback conversion. They make all the parts to do it yourself now, and it's just one of those projects that if you can pull it off, you're a total badass (with a totally badass car).

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/16/10 9:10 a.m.

Rally-Prep AWD Sports/Super/Exotic cars.

GT-R, 911, Guialdo, R8, Veyron...

Inspired by the Stratos (My idea)

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
10/16/10 10:37 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: Rally-Prep AWD Sports/Super/Exotic cars. GT-R, 911, Guialdo, R8, Veyron... Inspired by the Stratos (My idea)

I've seen awd 911 turbos and brand new GT-R's with 20" winters come out to winter auto-x.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ghcZgYGyRbpicrhs8HPerdeFiH5E98WjhU688xyWmOwW53Ia0Xpr02Gkxlwy4FAW