16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
6/21/09 11:07 a.m.

Gearz? Seriously, I just saw the show for the first time, and that has to be the absolute worst logo I've ever seen for a show. It's nearly unreadable, and it looks like a tattoo a drunk frat guy gave to his passed out "bro" as a joke. I'm not graphic designer, but I'm pretty sure I could poop a better design.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
6/21/09 11:10 a.m.

Gearz. I love the show though. I saw a few episodes of him building the Banshee and I loved the car and the build. Look at that car and then go play GTA III and tell me that the car in that game by the same name is not EXACTLY what his creation is.

PaulY
PaulY Reader
6/21/09 12:57 p.m.

I liked him on trucks, ever since he left that show sucks. The WORST is Horsepower, it's just blatent lies and advertising, "we made 3hp on this camaro with new super fancy plugs!!!!" might have been those e3s but as far as i know 3hp is the variation between runs on a dynojet. I've only seen a few gears as it's only on speed at like 2 in the morning,

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/21/09 1:28 p.m.

Gearz is okay, but Stacey David laughs and smiles almost as much as Barry Meguire...not quite as creepy though.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
6/21/09 1:56 p.m.
PaulY wrote: I liked him on trucks, ever since he left that show sucks. The WORST is Horsepower, it's just blatent lies and advertising, "we made 3hp on this camaro with new super fancy plugs!!!!" might have been those e3s but as far as i know 3hp is the variation between runs on a dynojet. I've only seen a few gears as it's only on speed at like 2 in the morning,

Horsepower has been like that for years. I think they must be cramming it full of promo stuff to pay for the other shows or something.

I loved one of the LS1 shows they did, they spent like a grand to get about 12 hp.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
6/21/09 2:28 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Gearz is okay, but Stacey David laughs and smiles almost as much as Barry Meguire...not quite as creepy though.

But does he put his hand on your knee like Barry does when he's doing a sit-down interview?

Shawn

zoomx2
zoomx2 New Reader
6/21/09 2:50 p.m.
PaulY wrote: I liked him on trucks, ever since he left that show sucks. The WORST is Horsepower, it's just blatent lies and advertising, "we made 3hp on this camaro with new super fancy plugs!!!!" might have been those e3s but as far as i know 3hp is the variation between runs on a dynojet. I've only seen a few gears as it's only on speed at like 2 in the morning,

I agree that Trucks was better with Stacey, but the host I miss most is Lou from MuscleCar. That dude was funny and seemed to know what he was talking about, at least most of the time. Out of the Power Block shows the only one left that I even care to watch anymore is Xtreme 4X4. Ian does a good job at fabrication. I also miss Jesse too, just for the eye candy factor though. Chicks with welding skills get me hot......

jhaas
jhaas New Reader
6/21/09 3:32 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: Gearz? Seriously, I just saw the show for the first time, and that has to be the absolute worst logo I've ever seen for a show. It's nearly unreadable, and it looks like a tattoo a drunk frat guy gave to his passed out "bro" as a joke. I'm not graphic designer, but I'm pretty sure I could poop a better design.

thats awesome, i thought the EXACT same thing when i saw his new show for the first time. that is one happy mullet, he never stops smiling. he loves his job that for sure.

corey, i need some help with a 1990 golf 1.8 im gonna try and pm you.

92dxman
92dxman Reader
6/21/09 7:08 p.m.

What happened to Jesse on Extreme 4x4?

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/21/09 7:25 p.m.
92dxman wrote: What happened to Jesse on Extreme 4x4?

I actually met her at SEMA last year (wow, she is very cute in person!). She's working freelance now.

RossD
RossD Reader
6/21/09 9:33 p.m.

I think there is a need for a GRM type show. There is a hole in the motorsports tv shows the exact size and shape of our demographic. Although it was a breath of fresh air to see Stacy put a V8 in a miata and he called it the modern day Cobra.

I am so sick of when Horsepower goes to the drag races. I turn the show of then. But if they are showing how they tune at the drag strip, I'll watch that, and I dont even like drag racing. (I am sure its fun for the drag racers but I could care less.)

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/21/09 9:43 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Gearz is okay, but Stacey David laughs and smiles almost as much as Barry Meguire...not quite as creepy though.

hey Stacey, the late 70's called and they wants its hair back...................I went to high school with a ton of dudes that looked like him. 1976-1980. Steve Miller Band........

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/21/09 9:44 p.m.

hey Stacey, the late 70's called and they wants its hair back...................I went to high school with a ton of dudes that looked like him. 1976-1980. Steve Miller Band........

RossD
RossD Reader
6/21/09 9:58 p.m.

I thought he wore a hair helmet?

QuasiMondo
QuasiMondo New Reader
6/21/09 10:35 p.m.

In reply to zoomx2:

What happened to Lou? Who's hosting MuscleCar now? I feel like I've been living in a cave.

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
6/22/09 12:56 a.m.

Lou has been gone for a while Host are now some skinny kid (who makes stupid jokes about the age of his cohost) and the older dude that used to do the show with Lou sometimes I really enjoyed Lou. He is very talented.

Jesse Freelance?!! I think i saw her on one of those ESPN car shows, can't remember what though. What happened to her Extrem 4x4 contract? She was bad ass. They must not be paying well at Spike if freelance is better than a host gig...but I still see her in ads run on Spike. Which is strange. I guess they are trying to still capitalize off of her image.

CGLockRacer wrote:
92dxman wrote: What happened to Jesse on Extreme 4x4?
I actually met her at SEMA last year (wow, she is very cute in person!). She's working freelance now.
Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 HalfDork
6/22/09 8:49 a.m.

haha, i watched Qualifying Saturday morning, left the tv on as i fell back asleep, woke up and that ship was on. My eyes were so blurry i couldnt tell what the title said. What was he building? Ya that Gearz Graphic has to go...

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez New Reader
6/22/09 10:45 a.m.

If you want to find a mechanic who understands your vehicle, find one whose hairdo is correct for the era of the vehicle's manufacture. Add a few years to the tail end in the following states: MS, NJ & FL.

Kramer
Kramer Reader
6/22/09 12:05 p.m.
pete240z wrote: hey Stacey, the late 70's called and they wants its hair back...................I went to high school with a ton of dudes that looked like him. 1976-1980. Steve Miller Band........

And their clothes. I fully expect to see him wearing a t-shirt with wolves on it, or some other cool iron-on.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
6/22/09 2:41 p.m.

Make fun of him all you want.

The guy knows his stuff and I'm pretty sure he's not on some internet forum talking about us!

Shawn

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 HalfDork
6/22/09 2:49 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Make fun of him all you want. The guy knows his stuff and I'm pretty sure he's not on some internet forum talking about us! Shawn

he tought me how to build a Locker Rear-End

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dc38MwiDpgedcAAvsZNq2ImdBVQn6EDiG5UFqGw1aHi7EhwvBr4STG9eo6i8kaPH