1 2 3 4 5
Matt B
Matt B UltraDork
4/8/20 10:58 a.m.

Little late to the party, but I'm in.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/8/20 11:22 a.m.

Five days since I signed up and I still look like a freeloading cheapskate with no tag sad

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/20 11:33 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Five days since I signed up and I still look like a freeloading cheapskate with no tag sad

Happy birthday though!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/8/20 11:38 a.m.

Sorry, Adrian. Must have been an email mismatch. 

Ransom (Forum Supporter)
Ransom (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/8/20 11:46 a.m.
Woody said:
Adrian_Thompson said:

Happy birthday though!

Yes, happy birthday!

Honestly, I felt a bit silly bugging Tom because my GRM and Patreon emails don't match (not that it stopped me), and now I feel a bit of a star-bellied Sneech. I kinda dig that it'll just be Patreon perks going forward, and maybe we should ditch the tags? Perhaps it encourages others to chip in, which is good, but I also don't want to stigmatize folks who're having to make harder decisions than me about where that money goes.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/20 12:25 p.m.

Thanks for the birthday wishes folks.

Tom, thanks for the tag.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/9/20 3:27 p.m.

I almost sent you a bill for lost income due to excessive forum browsing...... 

But addict that I am, I decided that my fix o' GRM was more important and signed up at Patreon. Thanks for the fine product. 

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/9/20 9:16 p.m.

Is it acceptable to add your own tag? I used a different email that is associated with my PayPal for the patreon when I signed up earlier.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/20 10:20 p.m.
bgkast said:

Is it acceptable to add your own tag? I used a different email that is associated with my PayPal for the patreon when I signed up earlier.

And if so is Antihero ( High Lord Eric, King Of Awesome) too subtle?

Tom Suddard
4/10/20 8:38 a.m.

Sure, that's fine, everybody. 

Ether59
Ether59 None
4/10/20 12:56 p.m.

Signed up.  As its been stated we need ya'll to stay afloat!.  

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
4/11/20 9:05 a.m.

Count me in, this forum has been a wealth of knowledge and camaraderie over the years and I'm more than happy to chip in to keep it going.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/11/20 9:06 p.m.

Yeah with this "free everything" internet expectation it's hard to get it in my mind to pay for anything, even with the perfectly fine rationale. My deciding factor is that ANYTHING I've had to get input on I've been able to get trustworthy and timely results on GRM. And I read something years ago about giving back to the internet, which is why I post tech teardowns on ifixit, and why I'll be putting in here.

That said, what's the ideal way to get my $$ to you guys? The article about needing support said magazine subscribers were useful for selling GRM to advertisers, but then again this is just straight up paying the bills. Digital subscription = best of both worlds for GRM? I don't need a shirt, though maybe that helps advertise GRM too?

Brake_L8
Brake_L8 Reader
4/13/20 7:06 p.m.

Just got all set up on Patreon, more than happy to do my little part to support. This is a great community and I only wish I'd gotten involved with y'all even sooner.

grouperalley
grouperalley GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/13/20 7:55 p.m.

Pp sent

TR7
TR7 Reader
4/14/20 9:25 a.m.

Im in. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/14/20 10:46 a.m.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
4/14/20 11:15 a.m.

boom done! most other forums are full of garbage these days since FB took over forums. There is a lot of great information on these pages for the curious and DIY-ers so lets keep this wealth of knowledge alive. 

also we need some distractions at work for most of us since we are typically the only car people in the office...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
4/14/20 3:32 p.m.

Just threw some cash your way via paypal. 

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
4/15/20 12:07 a.m.

Sent a few bucks via PayPal. Thank you!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/15/20 9:14 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Digital subscriptions are a great way to support us, and thank you(

(and everyone else) so much.

Margie

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
4/15/20 12:58 p.m.

done

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
4/16/20 3:03 a.m.

In

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/17/20 4:34 p.m.

In on Patreon on 4/4, and I still look like a freeloader!  

No worries really, I've been on this board for close to 20 years now, which is frightening in and of itself, so it is totally money well spent, even without the FS tag.  

Tom Suddard
4/17/20 5:12 p.m.

All Patreon members with email matches have tags. If I couldn't match your account, you should have a message on Patreon to that effect asking for more info. 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5EgfluCYyjApDL51GTA07UgPhFEy6R7JdtFoJYlV3DCgxF6mOIFtQFd520MNS5ud