1 2 3 4
Blunder
Blunder New Reader
1/24/23 2:02 p.m.

I was just kind of wondering what other people's forum names either mean or stand for. Mine comes from my old black foxbody. It sounded like thunder with the Flowmasters. Black + thunder = Blunder. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/24/23 2:03 p.m.

My parents. :)

(Well, technically I'm named after my great-grandfather.)

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
1/24/23 2:06 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I guess I didn't think about the people who just use their regular name. I got a laugh out of seeing your answer. 

PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham
PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham UberDork
1/24/23 2:08 p.m.

Once upon a time I created an app. Didn't care about the name of it at the time but needed a name so I used a random name generator and it spit out "Punchy-Wrench". I thought it was funny so I reused it here.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/24/23 2:08 p.m.

My first car was a 95 Firebird that had clear coat chipping at every angle. It made it always looked dirty and my friends just named the car "dirtybird." Twas also my old AIM name.

Apparently across the pond it's an interesting adjective to describe someones promiscuous activities. 

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/24/23 2:13 p.m.

m4ff3w - > maffew -> matthew

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
1/24/23 2:20 p.m.

My name is Gordon, and on that bombshell

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/23 2:23 p.m.

I think mom and dad just liked it.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/23 2:24 p.m.

Old college nickname.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/24/23 2:25 p.m.

Mine is the same user name I've used for all forums for almost 2 decades now. When I started in online forums, I had an 88 BMW K100LT motorcycle as my primary mode of transportation.

Since it's never taken, It's been my default. BMW88Rider. 

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/24/23 2:26 p.m.

It's my name except I didn't want to use my real last name. It just so happened that I was very new to the motorsports world at the time I made the account, hence "Green".

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/23 2:28 p.m.

'Codrus' was the name of the last king of Athens.  I thought it was a cool name back in the 80s in high school and used it as my BBS handle, and I've been using it ever since.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/23 2:29 p.m.

I used to manage a hobby store. Any time I would see a kid customer around town, they would always say, "Mom/Dad, it's the Toyman!" It kind of stuck. I've been using it online since the internet consisted of a local text-based chat board called Carolina Chat in the 90s. IIRC I ran it on an old 8088 computer. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
1/24/23 2:32 p.m.

Mine should be obvious too.....my name's Dave and I'm into classic Minis.....

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab Reader
1/24/23 2:34 p.m.

My middle name is Robert and I like old Saabs 

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
1/24/23 2:49 p.m.

Well, I changed it about a year ago, if that is any indication...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/24/23 2:51 p.m.

name plus initials 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/24/23 2:57 p.m.

I was reading a lot of Masamune Shirow 24 years ago.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/24/23 2:59 p.m.

It's my name, or nickname at least.  I share my given first name with my father, grandfather, etc back about 5-6 generations.  So they nicknamed me pretty much from Day One.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/24/23 3:03 p.m.

I'm the  only sports car guy that thought it was cool to buy a NEW Datsun 310GX.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/23 3:03 p.m.

Don't remember who thought of it but it's pretty much been my internet handle since the 90s.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/23 3:07 p.m.

your mom

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/24/23 3:15 p.m.

My grandmother: The name Marjorie was almost Jennifer-level popular 100 years ago, peaking at number 15 in the early 1920s. Probably why the most common reaction I get when I introduce myself is "I had an aunt [grandma, etc.] named Marjorie. She was really old." Between that and the Marge/margarine possibilities, it's dead sexy. 

Margie

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
1/24/23 3:17 p.m.
Blunder said:

I was just kind of wondering what other people's forum names either mean or stand for. Mine comes from my old black foxbody. It sounded like thunder with the Flowmasters. Black + thunder = Blunder. 

Here you go:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/tell-us-about-your-username/171005/page1/

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/24/23 3:24 p.m.

My first fun car was a 1990 240sx with the SOHC KA24E. Someone called it a single slammer (vs a DOHC variant) and I liked that and went with it. That was likely 20 years ago at this point. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XrweEvDky9XIDL8zHbcX7ct984x4krujziDtoQhklnJEIgopnhhB2naete1ydAa9