1 2 3 4
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/23 6:28 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Thats cool that you can trace your ancestry that far back. 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
1/25/23 7:36 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Actually my wife has me beat by several centuries.  She's the one who traced mine back.  

ps; am I still a bast•••? 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/25/23 8:05 a.m.

Mine dates back 2 decades to when car specific forums were common. I was deep into an XD Elantra forum and, like I do, had a lot to say especially in the off topic. To the point the board owner referred to be as Godzilla smashing tokyo, but Bob and smashing threads, so I must be the creature called Bobzilla, destroyer of threads. I found it funny, it stuck and here we are 20 years later. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
1/25/23 8:15 a.m.

I used to be Silverfleet based on the fact that I once had a silver fleet of cars. Time passed, and I only have one silver car and not a fleet of them, so it was no longer appropriate. 

Then I started writing, doing freelance work, YouTube, etc, and figured I should use the name my parents gave me. Fun Fact: I am a Jr. My dad is also a Tony Sestito. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/23 8:17 a.m.
MyMiatas said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Just out of curiosity...

Would your first name and last name work like this example. Sly (short for Sylvester) Asa Foxx?? Sometimes parents are creative like that.

Nope.  For one, it would only work written down as the pronunciation doesn't work, its a long a sound, followed by "suh" like sir with a civil war era southern accent. "Ae-suh"

For another, Dad was definitely too serious to put a pun into his firstborn's name.  

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/23 8:17 a.m.

I have 2 nicknames and I love them both.

preach because I can preach about cars since it is my only real interest. My friends started calling me it years ago, and for a really long time I would not answer to my given name. It is my name on many forums. I am also ordained in the Church of the Dude. I abide.

My other name is duende. Named such when I lived 4 years in Puerto Rico.

They both are tattooed on my wrists. Much like Mr. Cash wearing black, I do not use capital letters in my name.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/25/23 8:56 a.m.

My first Miata was a ratty $1000 car I bought in college. I named it Steve, and over the 6 months I owned it I had a wonderful time driving it all over the local back roads. It was worn out, rusty, and loud, but I loved it. When I was trying to figure out a name for this forum I landed on that car and so there you have it. I may change it someday, my real name is Reece and there are all sorts of wonderful candy-related puns that can be made with that. I don't know why I didn't think of that at the time.

To this day, $1000 = 1 Steve, and it is the yardstick by which I measure all my other purchases.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/23 9:28 a.m.

I thought I'd shared this story before, but it's not in the other thread either. I know I've explained it to people in PMs. 

Back in 04-05 when I was 17-18 I was an shiny happy person (I know you're all shocked), and on my way to a Halloween party I had no real business being at. I'd found a terribly offensive (to some, terribly hilarious to others) costume to wear but wanted to kick it up a notch. Because me, in a Catholic priest outfit, with a puppet stitched to the crotch, during the peak of that particular Catholic abuse scandal wasn't "wrong" enough. So I went online and became an ordained minister, reverend if you will.

Reverend Rico turned into a big joke for a few years, and was shortened to Rev, and the name stuck. I've used it on every forum since. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/25/23 9:39 a.m.

Well, mine isn't my real name.

I do DJ, and when I started, the bar owner and his friend (local on air personality) decided I needed a better name than Dj Tim so they came up with Dj Greg Peterson and I just kinda ran with it. Became my online handle for new forums and an alias IRL since many people only knew me as Greg Peterson (some people still think its my real name). I 'nicknamed' it to DjGreggieP and then DjGreggiePlays for Twitch / YouTube channel for gaming content.

It confuses so many people, I guess I look like a Greg?

white_averson
white_averson New Reader
1/25/23 10:35 a.m.

My name is Avery and, in school, I had a friend start calling me white averson after a similarly titled Post Malone song. Its unique so its never taken and its kind of funny so I stuck with it.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
1/25/23 10:43 a.m.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
1/25/23 11:30 a.m.

As mentioned in the previous thread; My name is Tom and I race a Datsun 1200.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/25/23 12:52 p.m.

When all you worldly possessions fit into the trunk of a Miata and you have no fixed address, it seemed apropos. Plus it was the vanity plate on the Miata.

Ognib
Ognib Reader
1/25/23 1:58 p.m.

Ognib...just bingo spelled backwards.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/23 1:58 p.m.

My parents and a bunch of numbers that are easy to remember. 

The other one I sometimes use is Smudger. It is a nick name similar to Smitty (My dad used Smitty) so grandpa called me Smudge and later it morphed to Smudger. Grand pa was Schmidt. This was all so grandma could keep the three of us strait I think.  

trucke
trucke SuperDork
1/25/23 2:12 p.m.

No creativity here!  Its the first six letters of my last name, Art Truckenbrodt.  Only 6 letters would fit on my license plate back in 1979.  Kept the same personalized plate since then and in 3 states.  Funny thing is nobody actually calls me that!

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
1/25/23 2:41 p.m.

First initial, middles' initials, and last name

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/25/23 3:09 p.m.

First name initial, last name 

Something easy that I can remember smiley

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/25/23 3:21 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Mine has exceptionally deep meaning to me.  It's a complicated story of love, loss, and triumph set in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic future.

It was actually just the username that Ebay suggested ...

Ebay is very much a complicated story of love, loss, and triumph set in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic future.  

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
1/25/23 4:41 p.m.

My name is lifted from my favorite Dr Pepper knockoff. 

It is very difficult to find nowadays in my neck of the woods, but it is still available in a few areas. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/25/23 5:43 p.m.

I was a late internet adopter-say 2003. GearheadXXX in many forms was taken. I studied blacksmithing, and stuff has wheels. I forget how many attempts it took to find a name not taken.  Haven't changed anything since.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
1/25/23 6:42 p.m.

I’m not very clever so it’s based on the fun car.  

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
1/25/23 7:52 p.m.

In reply to drsmooth :

I'm gonna be keeping my eye out for this now. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
1/25/23 10:37 p.m.

I ran an etsy buisness making clocks and such out of car parts. we wanted a clever and easy to remember name that encompasses both cars and clocks. The Kubrick pun got the nod.

I joined the forum to document my 2015 challenge build. Since the buisness was funding the car and the car was to be used to promote the buisness, I just used the business name as my screenname.

The buisness didn't survive and the car was never finished,  but the name lives on.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/26/23 9:18 a.m.

I've carried the birdman moniker since high school. Tried to leave it behind in college but it managed to follow me.

It's been my primary screen name for 20 years now, though it's gone through a couple of derivations to get to "Birdmayne"

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qjfmpea8EF1NJLj0BrewAAXVdp9wlURdHcjVMl54NlCDZ2pFbfzTVhM5OaVnnS5t