1 2
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/17 9:54 a.m.

More drawers is more important than big drawers.  The trend nowadays is to large deep drawers than can hold blowmolded cases.  A year or two ago I bought a huge toolbox and discovered that it had less useable space than my old 2x3x5' toolbox, because it had less drawer surface area. 

(Not mine, but same model and color)

You can't stack wrenches and sockets and screwdrivers, so all that internal volume gets wasted.  So I kept my old "small" toolbox at work and took the Homak home to use in my garage, where it is overfull despite me having like 1/4 the tools I have at work.

What I want is a 30-40 year old Snap-On box that is nothing but 1" deep drawers.  Fit a LOT of stuff in one of those!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/21/17 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Project86fox :

That's awesome! Half price tool box. 

Kramer
Kramer Dork
10/21/17 10:07 a.m.

I have the USGeneral 30" 5 drawer cart.  I took the emblem off and replaced it with an old Impala emblem.  Now it's a cart I can be proud of.  It'll last a lifetime of hobby work. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/6/19 1:11 p.m.

Dragging up this thread to show off my new box.  72 inches of awesomeness!!

$850 at Rural King and weighs 450 lbs.  took three of us to unload it from the Sunurban.  GRM bumper sticker got first placement laugh

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
4/6/19 4:19 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

So I take it mounting it crooked is proper? JKcheeky

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
4/6/19 6:39 p.m.

What, you've never seen a sticker with drag shocks before?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/6/19 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem :

Actually it’s a magnet and I just threw it on there with no attention to making it “square” cheeky

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aSjfV8jiaKp7cpEs2FBLeaVK40p2PoCtfldoJOYUHXUhS5z4MtEYLQKAhL8xcneh