1 2 3 4
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/22 4:44 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

It is a non planetary automatic, IIRC it is built like a manual with clutches instead of sliders.  That is why they whine in Reverse - straight cut gears on that.

This adds efficiency as there are certain drag losses associated with planetary gearsets and the bands that control them.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
7/30/22 2:31 a.m.

Crazy question but I keep reading about swapping springs or a spacer kit to get an extra bit of ground clearance on a Fit. Has anyone done a swap of this nature? I'm not looking to go four wheeling but a little extra ground clearance would be nice for not scraping the front bumper on some curbs and driveways.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
8/1/22 3:30 p.m.

Hey since this is already bumped:

We've got a 2012 that my wife would love to keep around until it's good a properly dead.

Thing is, we might buy a minivan, and then we'll have no room for a fun car. 

What are the economics of turning the Fit into a Hot Hatch? Whether its a supercharger or turbo kit, or K-Swap, what am I looking at in terms of pricing? $5000? $10,000? 

My wife would be more accepting of her Fit being turned into my fun car than me going out and spending the same money on a 4th car in the driveway.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/1/22 9:05 p.m.

10th gen Civic gets almost the same fuel economy.  But if you want a Fit, you want a Fit.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/22 9:17 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

The Civic is also huge outside but small inside.   You can haul a LOT of stuff in a Fit.

Also, Fits are small(ish) outside.  One of my favorite Fit tricks is making a U turn in a two lane road without needing to reverse.

We have two Fits for loaners as well as a Civic and a pair of Focuses and the Fits are the only ones people specifically request.

I did, however, find one huge flaw with the 3rd generation Fit.  When you set the alarm, it doesn't toot the horn, it makes a high pitched beep.  That is NOT very satisfying.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
U1bsHsdgZ5yVKVFXAda3IRUrHWv8slkDDPWKM1srFRLvLhcWPP03tIkgniupICDZ