1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 38
NormPeterson
NormPeterson None
10/25/19 10:14 a.m.

I think I had a really minimal presence here back around 2001, maybe a dozen posts.  Couldn't find any of the old sign-on information so I just re-registered.

The occasional track toy is a 2008 Mustang GT.  These days I'm mainly oriented toward chassis and suspension, so engine-wise, it's going to stay with its FRPP cold air & tune for at least the forseeable future.  It's in the process of getting a Torsen and 3.73 gears.  There may be more coming.

" />

Norm

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/19 12:36 p.m.

NORM!

(no, I don't know you IRL, I just had to get that out of the way)

NormPeterson
NormPeterson New Reader
10/26/19 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Hey, it's the place where everybody knows your name . . .

Just so you know, I actually have hoisted a few in that little downstairs bar in Boston.  Some of them over a decade before the TV show, so I guess that makes me old.

Norm

mustang_fanatic
mustang_fanatic None
10/26/19 8:59 p.m.

Hi, I am an "experienced" newbie with some previous HPDE experience.  I have been out of the game for a while but planning on getting back in.  Looking forward to connecting and making new friends

CarWrapZPrescott
CarWrapZPrescott
10/27/19 6:30 p.m.

Hey Everyone, 

I'm enjoying many of your posts and replies. If you're ever in Prescott stop in at our vehicle wrap shop and say Hi!

JRGunfighter_John
JRGunfighter_John None
10/30/19 7:12 a.m.

Another reader who has finally registered.

Currently working on a non GRM 1954 Willys Wagon, but the 2020 Radwood class for the challenge has me seriously looking at 3rd gen IROCs to go with all my hair band cassettes stored in the garage.

dropoutjohn
dropoutjohn
10/30/19 6:57 p.m.

Aloha,

I don't race because we do not have a track of any kind on island and I can't afford it anyway, but I like learn. 

I drive a first gen tacoma. 

Mahalo

kaylaonfilm
kaylaonfilm New Reader
10/30/19 11:20 p.m.

I don't race, at the moment, but I have the eternal Volvo 242 project from hell and a Roadmaster wagon that is, in theory, a sensible daily... 

Former occasional AutoX nerd, and my Volvo is currently setup to be fun on a twisty road. Not necessarily fast, but fun. I'm trying to decide how I want to go forward with the 242, over the winter, and that'll probably influence whether it sees real track time or autocross. 

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
10/31/19 5:59 a.m.

Welcome everyone! And awesome Volvo kayloanfilm!

Jared Rubio
Jared Rubio
11/7/19 5:46 p.m.

New here, been a lurker for a while. Thanks for having me

PetterJhon
PetterJhon Copy/Paste Spammer
11/10/19 4:01 p.m.

Hello everyone,,

Circumstances have changed over the past few years to the point where I'm now able to pursue a long dream of participating in motorsports in some way or another. I'm currently on the hunt for a cheapo track car, so those of you who want to see the first ever thread on "what track car should I buy" are in luck.

So far the only "racing" I've done is autocrossing my old Subaru STi. I'll be doing some AutoX in my new 911 this year, but the real plan is to take part in as many HPDEs as I can sell the wife on, attend Bertil Roos (already booked) and go back to school to take some night courses on auto mechanics so I can hopefully become somewhat capable with a wrench.

See you guys around!

Mod Edit:

This is a copy/paste of jmwr's post here:

https://classicmotorsports.com/forum/grm/who-here-is-new-to-the-forum/108172/page11/

user has been deactivated 

Qurilorai
Qurilorai New Copy/Paste Spammer
11/12/19 5:21 a.m.

HI all, I'm Gabriel from New York. Ive [just copied a three year old post from another truck forum.  Which has been edited out for canoeing].

TylerCYR
TylerCYR
11/17/19 7:08 a.m.

New here to the forum but not new to Grassroots Motorsports. I've been competing in amateur endurance racing since 2012. Started off with a Dodge Shadow (sold after one race) then moved to a Subaru that we put a 3.3L SVX motor in and developed. Bought an e30 and put a m50 in it but now has a m20 and lots of aero. 

I'm here to learn more and keep up with other car guys and gals in the grassroots community.

We compete in ChampCar Endurance Series. 

BasinMotorsports
BasinMotorsports New Reader
11/20/19 7:47 p.m.

I just joined today.  I played with motorcycles for a couple years in 2000-2004, but then have just been a garage tinkerer since.  I'm going to jump into autocross next year in my Mustang after a few more worn out parts are replaced and upgraded.  I'm in south central Oregon.

dave215
dave215
11/27/19 4:31 p.m.

Been a long time GRM reader and started visiting the forums this year .The forums are incredible in terms of knowledge sharing and the skills  and creativity of the members .My current project is a Porsche 996 Ls6 transplant . I have been driving it for the past 3 years and am now connecting the AC .When the AC is working I will call it finished .Below is a poor picture 

MotorGuy33
MotorGuy33 None
12/10/19 1:40 a.m.

I'm new here :) 5 mins old actually.

Nonamedude
Nonamedude None
12/19/19 11:39 a.m.

I'm new to motorsports and cars in general as a hobby. Back in June I bought an 08 outback xt 5mt in North Carolina and tried driving it back home to SLC UT. Well the engine went out in Kansas and I happened to have the money at the time so I pulled the engine and replaced the short block myself. It was pretty fun and I've enjoyed working on it even if it's frustrating at expensive at times.

I decided that since the outback is a dd, I needed a "fun" car that was less a worry if I damage it. My sister has a 350k 85 volvo 240 gl sedan. She got a new car a few years ago and the last 6 months or so it's been sitting unused at my parents in Florida. I thought it could be a good project so over Christmas I'll be inspecting it.

I want to ultimately do stage rally and every time  I look up something for rally or rallycross, I get threads here with responses from irish44j and knurled. I also thought this might be a fun car for the $2000 challenge if I can establish a value. My dad retires in June and my parents live in Lakeland. Since apparently this thing is in Gainesville, seems like it could be fun.

ModularCal
ModularCal None
12/28/19 12:54 a.m.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the magazine or the YouTube channel. I used to frequent automotive forums a lot (until FB took over)  but haven't the past 6 or 7 years.  Shame; there is a lot of great info on the boards that gets lost in FB groups. I've missed hanging out during the live shows, so I figured it would be good to sign up for the forums!

I currently have a mostly stock 08 Mustang GT that I've autocrossed regularly for 7 years as well as time trials events (TTN is awesome btw). I may get into a different car next year. This is my 4th Mustang and I would like to try something different (I like just about everything).

I'm ecstatic to be a part of the forum, finally! 

SK360
SK360 New Reader
1/6/20 8:50 a.m.

Hi.  New guy around here from the Pittsburgh, PA area.  Been Autocrossing a yellow Corvette for the better part of the last 6 years, most recently had a 7 speed manual 2014 C7 that had a Vortech V3 Si supercharger on it making 620rwhp on a dynojet.   Eventually started to fall out of love with the C7 and went looking for something new (I never really fit well in the C7 as you can see in the pic below).  Ended up trading it in on a 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance which I will be running this season.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/6/20 10:11 p.m.

Evening all

Mech Engineer that somehow got roped into a Quality Engineering position.  Always loved cars and racing (did light SCCA in high school and military,  FSAE in college,) but for the past few years as I was finishing school chronic problems with the DD and project have killed any drive I had to better them or myself.  Binge watched most of Hotrod's Roadkill over the Christmas break and it lit a fire under me. 

Decided to try and find a project that I dont have to do right, but I can just do.  Have my eye on a couple shells that look promising, I'll update that later.

Other than that, in no particular order: photography, reading, investment casting, 3D printing, and antique outboard engines are my hobbies.  They all intersect at various points.

Zissou
Zissou New Reader
1/9/20 11:12 p.m.

Longtime stalker, finally signed up for an account so I could participate. 

I'm one of those poor soles who loves the rotary motor and am currently working on a 13B Miata. My girlfriend drives a '79 Courier. As you can tell, we love bad ideas.

ive got a lot of Scca autocross and PDX events under my belt before I ruined the Miata, and have pit crewed for a global time attack team 

McDesign
McDesign New Reader
1/22/20 9:17 a.m.

Finally signed up.  Mechanical Engineer near Atlanta; not a racer; love hot rods and consider enthusiast-modified cars to be "mobile sculpture".

Current stable -

'01 CL-600; naturally-aspirated V-12; custom wireless exhaust cut-outs controlled on the key fob.  Tuned ECM by Todd Presser at PresserTech in Atlanta.

'91 Honda Accord; modded for aero and gas mileage; consistent 38-42 mpg and 313,000 miles today.

'04 GMC Serra; fake McLaren Automotive logos that I drew and had a vinyl company make.  Carrying a 1/2 scale '69 McLaren M8-B go-kart, built by Casey Putsch of Putsch Racing.  My favorite car; will build a street-legal tribute someday.  This was at the Mitty few years ago; I got Brian Redman to sign it, though he never drove the real one, he's "of the era" and was Grand Marshall that year.

'59 Mercedes 190D; dual fuel system runs on filtered waste vegetable oil.  I bought it from the guys that ran it in the '08 La Carrera PanAmericana race/rally.  I used it to trailer the kart to the Bring A Trailer compound at The Mitty at Road Atlanta last spring because I got them both from BaT.

'78 Mid Engineering Kelmark (kit car; tube frame, SBC and Corvair transaxle).  Licensed and tagged and insured since 1978 - surely unbusual for a kit car!  This is the current project; I've stretched the WB 10" in the middle to install a new drivetrain of my own design with a stroked Cadillac 500, a THM425 (trans only), and an offset Winters QC.

The eventual goal with that drivetrain is ~600 Hp NA, ~800 with nitrous, and 206 at the Texas Mile.  The Mid-Engineering factory demo car (with an injected aluminum BBC) was driven by Don Sherman of Car & Driver to 203 mph in 1977 at OTRC- so I want to beat that, still using '70s technology - so no LS; no FI and turbos.

Forrest in Atlanta

AnsonRaptus
AnsonRaptus New Spammer
1/23/20 9:35 p.m.

Jace here, I'm also new and looking forward to learning a lot here. I just want to share some tips in choosing flushing [canoes].  If you are also is moving into a new place, it is somewhat hard to choose the things you will put into your home. Take note of considering this [flushing canoes] these are comfortable, easy to install, and with an efficient flushing system. Try now before its too late.

Dealodepe
Dealodepe
1/24/20 5:39 p.m.

hi, my name is Joseph. I live in North Bergen.

i'm the owner of 2012 Ford 150.

enjoy traveling and fishing.

mitchfishman5
mitchfishman5
2/3/20 2:27 p.m.

Im Mitchell, this my first motorsports fourm, hopefully i'll learn a lot about both cars and racing them.

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jPtPniE3xsyHBwYTNbhnoBQRXFYWGUEhwlyg2dDX35To4lNHupdKpsTElqOMoXsw