1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38
white_averson
white_averson None
1/5/21 3:49 p.m.

Hello,

I've read build threads here for a long time and finally decided to join. I own a 1981 VW Rabbit Pickup (or Caddy, whichever you prefer) with a 1.6 turbo diesel and have wrenched on most of my daily drivers though usually I break more things than I fix. Hoping to maybe share some of my projects as I work on the Rabbit and maybe find some new ones.

MattTheGrouch
MattTheGrouch New Reader
1/6/21 10:04 a.m.

I'm new. I own a bunch of classic minis and some random other cars. I have 9 dogs currently as well as 9 cars - I tend to keep these numbers inline and it's not on purpose. I love track days and want to get into more auto-x in 2021!

Shawncs84
Shawncs84 New Reader
1/7/21 10:07 p.m.

I'm new here! I purchased this Integra the end of august 2020. Did my first hpde with NASA ne at NJMP lightning in November. Season restarts the end of March and I can't wait! 

OGsx
OGsx
1/10/21 1:20 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens : Out of Georgia, US. Looking to get into Rallycross with my son. Not seeing a whole lot of rallycross specific events in the SE. How can I get involved and/or participate. I can't imagine that there is no rallycross in GA. Would maybe be interested in autocross, but rally is my 1st interest. Been looking at Barber 24 hrs of Lemons and thought that might be a good start, but would love something more local. Anyone have a good starting point? Thanks so much in advance. 

ejs262
ejs262
1/12/21 12:10 a.m.

Howdy, I'm Eric, I've been following a few threads on here for a while, and finally made an account.  I have one major project right now, that is starting to reach the finish line(or is it actually the starting line???) after years of work, it's a 1985 Fiero that I refer to as "The Banshee" it has a 2006 G6 3.5 V6, a transmission that's a mix up of cobalt and cavalier parts, and a custom turbo setup using a precision 6267. I have big plans for suspension work that I'll be implementing over the next few weeks/months that will hopefully round the car out nicely. I drove it for the first time in about 5 years on new years eve. 

My other project is an 88 Suburban, "The Pig Rig" that I drive anywhere I want to go, it's been as far north as Gobler's knob Alaska, and as far south as OKC. I want to take it to Moab this year, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing that. 

k20a2DC2
k20a2DC2 New Reader
1/15/21 1:48 a.m.

Hello GRM  Just an introduction from a newbie. Names Mike I'm from western Maryland. Been a GRM fan for years while learning and making life to be able to do some track events.  Never knew where track events were. So last few years I been reading on the forums and hoarding parts and slowly been building a streetcar. While doing so I finally made my decision for a track build and one of my Acura Integras will be my first track build. I don't want to cut any corners. So I'm here to learn and talk to others with similar builds and maybe make it to an event in 2021.

I own a stock 1995 Acura Integra rust-bucket for a daily, a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S its a project maybe the new daily this summer, and my weekend car soon to be stripped for preparation for the track which is my 1996 Acura Integra with k20a2 engine swap.

I hope to do some events like grid life or road track racing and continue this journey of building Honda/Acura Cars. 

But I'm at a standstill not sure where to go next. The car needs a roll-cage and was looking to rewire the car basically need to strip it from streetcar to racecar and delete all the non-necessary stuff.  

CatDaddy
CatDaddy None
1/18/21 11:29 p.m.

Hi GRM,

I'm Bailey. I have a few cars, the main one being a 1994 Infiniti Q45:

I converted it to S13 macpherson up front.  It has GKtech knuckle adapters and PartsShopMax front coilovers.  Has a lot of angle! The differential is a welded 4.9 vs stock 3.54 gears. 
It has hicas which is heavy and disabled. I'll be taking that out soon, along with the rest of the weight hidden under the dash, the bay, and behind the door panels.

It weighed 4050 stock w/ 1/2 tank of gas. I'm hoping to get it to 3450. 

I really dislike working on any ohc V configuration engines. But the stock engine is pretty powerful. So it will do for now. I want to put in an RB engine but the prices these days are just astronomical. They also weigh a lot, but I digress. I wish there was an I6 alternative that had a transmission that will live at 600+whp.

Good manual transmissions cost more than engines these days. It's a trip. 

CatDaddy
CatDaddy New Reader
1/18/21 11:32 p.m.

In reply to OGsx :

Have you checked motorsportsreg.com? Or SCCA website, you can filter by region if you dig around the site. 

Indyjps
Indyjps
1/25/21 7:18 p.m.

FNG here,

on many other forums - same user name.   Building 69 camaro 6.0 LS, T56 magnum,  9" 4.11.   I paint, weld, fab, build engines as a hobbyist. Hopefully I can add to the discussion. 

hoots04
hoots04 New Reader
1/28/21 2:56 p.m.

I've subscribed to GRM in the past and even had my car in the readers rides (or was it internet hot rod of the month?) way back when (primer black S13 240sx coupe with Silvia front and SR20 swap).  Kind dropped out of the auto scene when my kids were born but slowly drifting back in.

Past car list includes 94 Civic Si, 87 CRX Si, 88 CRX Si, S13 240sx, NA Miata, 96 Eclipse GS-T, AW11 MR2, and now R56 Mini Cooper S (plus a bunch of other more pedestrian cars like a Mitsubishi Diamante, Honda Pilot and currently Honda Odyssey).  Longtime lurker but starting to post again.  Glad that this forum is still around!

sweetshawn
sweetshawn New Reader
2/6/21 5:45 p.m.

Hi I'm shawn and I'm looking at trying to get into hill climb racing. I have a custom built hayabusa go kart I would like to use but not sure what class that falls into or what what kind of safety I need to add to it or for me.

barrindw
barrindw
2/12/21 9:27 a.m.

I've just joined the GRM forum but I've been around since the magazine was AutoX.  Frankly, I'm hoping to find a buyer for my unfinished Alfa Romeo Alfetta track car project.   Now I just have to figure how to put a post with all the details in the cars for sale section of the forum.  

FMB42
FMB42
2/19/21 3:14 p.m.

Hi all,

I became a forum member after several months of lurking. There are many very good info/posts on this forum. Meanwhile, my intro to motor sports started back in 1970 on a generic 3.5HP mini bike. I went on to own/op numerous motorcycles (off road, on/off road, street, and off/on road racing machines). I, like many here, have owned a good number of cars and trucks over the years. Anyway, enough with the boring intro,

Thanks for having me,

Martin F.

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/21 6:57 a.m.

I've  (John Thorpe ) been lurking in the shadows for quite some time now due to messing up my login account and never getting around to fix it. I've always loved the aspect of learning how to drive low HP cars fast. My fun vehicle is an 01 2 WD Tacoma, supercharged , 3/4 inch drop, the right way by spending$$$, springs and shocks  custom made to my specs, polyurethane everywhere I could put it, 100 treadwear tires, posi , 4 point cage, 5 point harness, carbon fixed seats and the truck has 250K with the original clutch , can't kill this thing. The next upgrade is a 300 RWH motor on the way,just have to figure out how to pay for it.I love checking out some of the insane builds I see here. 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
3/19/21 9:24 a.m.
footinmouth said:

fun vehicle is an 01 2 WD Tacoma, supercharged , 3/4 inch drop, the right way by spending$$$, springs and shocks  custom made to my specs, polyurethane everywhere I could put it, 100 treadwear tires, posi , 4 point cage, 5 point harness, carbon fixed seats and the truck has 250K with the original clutch , can't kill this thing.

dude, that thing is awesome.  i don't know why but i love small trucks turned into handling machines. 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
3/19/21 9:29 a.m.

In reply to OGsx :

i'm in east GA, and done a few rally-x'es with Atlanta Region SCCA.  Covid screwed up the season bigtime last year but normally the Atl region would be running at Atlanta Motor Speedway, using one of their grass parking fields for rally events.  they just recently absorbed Middle GA SCCA's rallyx program to help boost turnout i think.  the AMS location should be awesome but i haven't had a chance to run there yet.

depending on where you are, there's also Tennessee Valley Region (TVR) SCCA that runs rallyx events just over the border in NE AL, in Hollytree.  their site is excellent and they get a healthy turnout every time.  its just too far for me so I can't make it.

DerekF
DerekF New Reader
3/24/21 12:30 p.m.

In reply to sweetshawn :

Wow, that's cool.  I think I'd start with a will and testament.

DerekF
DerekF New Reader
3/24/21 12:36 p.m.

In reply to footinmouth :

Cool Taco.  My one of my first design jobs was sketching your Tacoma stepside for Calty ( Toyota's North American design studio in Newport Beach, CA ).

Our company ( DZN Studio at the time ) did all the production engineering and also  build two 4x2 stepside prototypes for Toyota, in which I applied the 4x4 front fenders, which I guess Toyota thought was a good idea that they used for all the subsequent production Tacomas.

DerekF
DerekF New Reader
3/26/21 1:04 p.m.

I'm new to the forum, though a long-time subscriber to the magazine.  I work in the auto design industry ( 25 years almost ) and have a passion for interesting vehicles-the more diverse the better.  I've participated in track days for 30 years and have also competed in Champ Car, 24 Hours of Lemons, NASA endurance and SCCA sprint and endurance events.  My personal vehicles currently span a range of categories from nostalgic Japanese, German and American cars and trucks ( '64 Ford Country Sedan, '72 Datsun 240Z, '73 Ford Capri, '91 Honda CRX Si, '97 F-250 CCSB 4x4 7.3,  '07 Honda Ridgeline, and '18 Chevy Volt DD ).

I've always enjoyed the $2000 Challenge articles, jealous that southern California is so far away from the typical southeastern venues!

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/30/21 6:17 a.m.

In reply to DerekF :

Wow, that's very cool! I have only seen 4 of them in the last 15 years, only one in red. I was wondering how many they made?

Blinker_Oil
Blinker_Oil New Reader
4/5/21 9:02 a.m.

New to the forum - been tire-kicking various cars, including some older models where my research always seems to take to me here.

That said, just posted a question on a newer model vehicle, so not really sure this is right forum for it.....lol. Most of the discussions seems to be relating to older model vehicles, which is cool as I'm always keeping my eyes open for a clean e30 coupe. 

TanukiAttack
TanukiAttack New Reader
4/19/21 4:10 p.m.

New to the forum, love the magazine and I struggle to find legit forums now a days when cars have become such an instagram trend for likes. Love the content on this board and the builds that take place. With that said I daily drive an 2018 elantra lol, and my project is a 91 Honda Beat I recently imported. Past cars I have owned; 91 Probe GT Turbo, NC3 MX-5 Club, Subaru SVX that I did a 6spd swap on, S4 Turbo II RX7, 92 MX3 RS with BP swap, and an 82 Supra. I work on imports in my free time and try to develop small batch parts for niche cars. I also run a company Called Shogun Motorsports that makes frame protection for street bikes.

Don Fip
Don Fip GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/21/21 12:58 p.m.

Always been a JDM and "Sport Compact Car" fan, but decided to try something new this year.  '21 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 6spd, no options.  This is the second/weekend/fun car so current plans are to do a couple HPDE's before years end and go from there.  It does carry its weight around and the local tire shop is going to be my best friend, but want to take it out a couple times on track to have fun in a safe environment.  Definitely too much power to enjoy during daily driving if you want to keep your license intact lol.

Patricia193
Patricia193 New Reader
4/23/21 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Don Fip :

you own a beautiful machine

Don Fip
Don Fip GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/24/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Patricia193 :

Thank you!

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.