1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38
silvermane_1
silvermane_1
12/5/21 10:10 a.m.

I'm new because I wanted to join a discussion forum about the "underrated" Bricklin SV-1.

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/5/21 12:41 p.m.

In reply to domari35 :

Welcome!  You have come to the right place!  As you've seen, there are a ton of getting started threads that you can get lots of info from.  When you are ready to pull the trigger, start a build thread and you will have a ready made panel of experts at your side along the way. It's kind of spectacular. Look forward to seeing your Fiat evolve. 

oldcpecdr
oldcpecdr New Reader
1/24/22 12:54 a.m.

Guess I AM the NEW old guy..... 76 in a few weeks but returned to Autocrossing after a 25 year plus absence just as Covid hit.... maybe this year I can get to a lot more events.

I Autocrossed back in the sixties and early seventies, moved up to  Formula V road racing and then A sedan. Got involved in paved circle track racing here in the Northeast and played at  open wheel modifieds for years grinning all the time.... then life, family, and business got in the way.... so here I am 25 years later...

A young guy I work with talked me into returning to Autocross, I wasn't all in until I went and to my chagrin I WASN'T the slowest guy out there, and now I have gone and bought a LeMons car....I was surprised at not receiving a single answer to my  ad looking for teammates...   Must be someone here  near the Cape or Southeast Ma  that would like to do some cheap racing.

If you see an old guy auto crossing in a stick shift Camry wave to me- 

Mike B

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/24/22 3:39 a.m.

In reply to oldcpecdr :Fantastic!  I think you have come to the right place. As soon as you are able, I suggest you start a thread and I'm sure you will find some partners in crime. 

lvm3sm46
lvm3sm46 New Reader
1/29/22 10:09 p.m.

New guy here. Looking to get into some HPDE's this year in the NY area.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
1/29/22 11:04 p.m.

I am new to this online part. Long time reader of GRM, great topics, lot more to read on here. Own two Miata. Ones factory the other is lifted (Paco).  Did the lift myself. Went down the road straighish to the alignment place. :0)

blacksheep
blacksheep New Reader
1/31/22 2:59 p.m.

Hi I've been reading GRM since pretty close to the very beginning ... just getting online to join the community

I've owned 1g CRX, 2g Prelude, Dodge GLH, EJ / EK Civic, etc

Located near Montreal Quebec, I've been instructing for 15+ years with local clubs.

Track car is a B-swapped EJ1 Civic Coupe I've owned since new.

If you have any questions about getting on track, or about the quick way around Le Circuit Mont Tremblant (my local track) in particular, I'd be glad to help.

AllegroForteRacing
AllegroForteRacing New Reader
2/1/22 3:22 a.m.

Hey everyone, not really "new" but first time back to the forum in 7 years. Life's definitely changed a lot since then. Have been racing with SCCA since I was 15 thanks to my father & that's what brought me to the forums. I'll do two cross posts here and over on Project Cars tying my new projects together with my absence from here. 

Nice to be back & hope to be back for good.

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Member
2/3/22 3:15 p.m.

Hi-- real name is Paul (he/ him; Type O+, NKA; Class R, corrective lenses, organ donor; atheopagan-curious; no political affiliation and certified 66% non-Fash; equal preference between: gas/diesel/EV, FWD/RWD/AWD, MIG/TIG, AR/AK).  Physical location is northern CO, previously IL.  Screen name is based on the real acronym SAPFU, with my own slightly positive variation as ‘overcoming’ rather than ‘surpassing’.

ANYWAY I first came across GRM back in like ’96?, subscribed for quite a few years, got a project car (87 Chevy Sprint Turbo) with the intent to autocross, didn’t finish the project car, and then kinda got away from motorized and/or pavement-based vehicles.  Now I’m back interested in doing something, just not quite sure what yet.  Probably need to get rid of the old project car (and its backup) just to have garage space and start something new.  GRM and the GRM forums cover just about everything vehicle-related, and the forums are generally pretty tolerant of weird questions/ ideas, so I just need to figure out wtf I’m doing.

Josh
Josh New Reader
2/4/22 5:03 p.m.

Newbie here. Name's Josh in case you couldn't tell. Located in the middle GA area.

Never really read the magazine, but have come across GRM forums many times in the past doing various research or following build logs. Like how y'all are open to pretty much anything, done shun oddball projects. I will continue to enjoy reading about your builds, and think this forum will be useful for collecting ideas for a future build of my own.

Currently have a few ongoing projects, but those probably aren't very applicable to this forum. Some heavy maintenance work and minor modifications on my '00 F-250 is at the top of the list. A slow "resto mod" on a '68 F-100 4x4, mostly stock with a Sniper EFI and a few creature comforts to be added. A '86 Ranger V8 swap project, bigger brakes, lowered, and suspension improvements. That one is currently stalled out but hope to resume work soon. 

​​​​I'll be gathering ideas on my next build, which will actually be based around an engine rather than a car. I'll start a thread on that at a later time though.

Chrissmith
Chrissmith New Reader
2/16/22 12:58 a.m.

me, I am Chris, I have a 2006 coyote swapped mustang gt.

Cheeks
Cheeks
2/21/22 10:42 a.m.

Hello All,

new to the forum, but not to the magazine or racing. Looking forward to jumping into the community here.

I'm working on an s10 build for the optima events, will post pics soon

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 8:47 p.m.

New guy. Just poking around. 

Puddy46
Puddy46
3/7/22 7:03 p.m.

New to the forum, but not to the magazine.  

Hoping to step up from autocrossing my GTI to HPDE this year. 

emre2blue
emre2blue
3/30/22 4:24 p.m.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm from Turkey/Istanbul.  My name is Emre. 38 Years old, Electrical Engineer, Machine Designer, CNC owner, Car enthusiastic . I have a project car that I want to race with it as soon as possible. I've missed it so much. I'm looking for a good technical information about race cars and builds. And I've checked the forum, such amazing builds. Anyway before I ask some technical help I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Take Care...  

mottig
mottig
3/31/22 7:04 a.m.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, I love racing cars, so decided to join this community. Hope you are doing well!

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 New Reader
4/7/22 12:55 p.m.

Hi guys. I'm new, I'm sure you've all seen my post but figured I'd post here too. I'm 17 from Chicago and I've been a gear head as long as I can remember. I'm just getting into actually owning and driving cars, and I want to learn to work on them so I'm excited for the journey ahead. If anyone wants an untrained monkey to hand them wrenches in the Chicago area, I'd love to help out and learn. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
4/19/22 3:39 p.m.

Hi everyone! I've just joined the editorial staff at Grassroots Motorsports & Classic Motorsports. My motorsports journalism career has mostly revolved around circles - both pavement and dirt. However, the first race I attended in-person was a Trans Am event at Watkins Glen. I'm looking forward to helping tell the stories behind the sports car world.

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/22 6:42 a.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

Welcome! You will meet some interesting people here, for sure.

jh36
jh36 Dork
4/25/22 10:06 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

Well hi there!  Good to see you in the forum, and welcome to the GRM team!  You've made an excellent career move imo!

TurboFource
TurboFource New Reader
4/29/22 3:30 p.m.

I have been reading GRM for many years...been lurking here some...

I am currently restoring a Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special that was turbocharged

in 1975.....

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
4/30/22 3:51 p.m.

Hello fellow car nuts,

I'm here because my grandson started a thread on his race car, so I chimed in on it.....

I'm a Mini Cooper nutcase, I own three classics and one (fairly) new MINI, I've owned and worked on all manner of LBC's and currently spend all my time building A series lumps for Minis and Sprites. I also rebuild transmichigans for both, including changing to straight cut gearsets.

I have an 89 Racing Green, a 73 Innocenti 1300 Export and a 94 SPi that I will soon get started on making a rear engined rear wheel drive hot rod Mini, with a turbo'd A series engine in the back.

I don't race anymore but I do have three different engines/trans running in Sprites in vintage racing.

Dave

Masterdebator
Masterdebator New Reader
5/13/22 5:26 a.m.

New to the forum, not to the magazine. Have been buying and subscribing since 2000 or so.

Hi. 

SpeedwayFan
SpeedwayFan New Reader
6/2/22 12:41 p.m.

hello people I'm probably the youngest person here

Mitternacht
Mitternacht
6/4/22 9:22 a.m.

A buddy of mine has been using this forum for the past few months, convinced me to try it, so now I'm here. I'm Chris, the 86 vette is being transformed into a hill climb car and the 93 is the autocross/summer daily.

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4NP9niwVV6EpmFUlkWvcaXT3ZNsHG4N8RTEI4tehNNOQW5uH7iNcatSC6XeSkyIc