1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38
St165guy
St165guy
7/8/16 9:54 p.m.

Always been a reader, never posted before. Now that I've picked up my Evo 8 and will be doing RallyX next weekend I thought it was time to introduce myself; though I don't see any other location for that.. I always end up on this forum whilst looking for info, so I would like to be more involved now.

PurpleDog
PurpleDog New Reader
7/13/16 6:27 p.m.

I am new to the forum. I am from the Seattle area, have 11 ish cars right now and am nearing the half century mark in age. My current project is a 1985 Toyota Celica LeMons car that I bought last week. We are preparing it for an event at the end of August. LeMons was a father's day present from my wife. My last project was installing a RideTech coil over suspension on my '72 Pontiac LeMans (not LeMons) and before that, building a new small block for my '71 Corvette. I also installed Borgeson power steering, Vintage Air A/C and new carpet while the engine was out. My wife and I are driving that car down to Sonoma for a two week vacation in August.

Other cars we have include a '75 Triumph TR6, '76 BMW 2002, '78 Firebird, Boxster S, and then a bunch of newer daily driver type cars.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/14/16 10:26 a.m.

Welcome St165guy and PurpleDog! You both sound like you'll fit right in around here.

Gab
Gab New Reader
7/19/16 10:28 a.m.

I am newer to the forum (signed up weeks ago, haven't posted much - a baby on the way does that!). However, I love the magazine and already feel the tight-knit vibe on the forums. I autocross a '98 Mustang Cobra (previous auto-x rides include an E36 M3 and a '90 Civic Si) in CAM-C, and am looking to get competitive next year.

Ed Higginbotham
7/20/16 2:45 p.m.

Welcome Gab! Glad to have you here.

jh36
jh36 None
7/29/16 9:47 a.m.

Hi there....I'm Jack. I am new to the forum but I've been a reader/fan since the dawn of time. I race a 944 in NASA Mid Atlantic which is towed by an old Wanderlodge. I like breaking cars and fixing them. With my spare time, I like breaking non-automotive objects and fixing THEM. I have several cars, and some of them actually run. Last weekend, I blew the engine on our racecar, so looking forward to a fresh build. I'm looking forward to being part of this very amazing community!!

Ed Higginbotham
7/29/16 9:57 a.m.

In reply to jh36:

You sound a lot like a guy I know. Welcome, Jack!

jh36
jh36 New Reader
7/29/16 11:52 a.m.

Funny fellow! I believe we have met a time or two....

ChrisHachet
ChrisHachet New Reader
8/1/16 3:48 p.m.

I posted a long time ago as 1966Stang but lost my log on info, so I re registered under my real name. I have four children in college at the moment and am too broke to pay attention, right now my automotive budget is something like riding my bicycle to the local autocross to smell the fumes. Thankfully, I have two daughters about to graduate and my sons employer is now picking up the tab for his schooling...

DanV8olvo
DanV8olvo New Reader
8/3/16 4:55 p.m.

I've been a Magazine subscriber off and on since the beginning, Finally decided to join another Forum, I think this is a good one. Couple of my rides, TPI SBC in the 85 Volvo 740 and street legal dune buggy based off late 60's VW Beetle floorpan, wife has 71 Pontiac Lemans with a 400. I used to autocross in the 80's and 90's with various Volvos and Triumph Spitfires. need to get back to doing that one of these days.

Ed Higginbotham
8/9/16 1:47 p.m.

Welcome Chris and Dan!

By the way, Dan, you may have noticed but we featured your V8 Volvo as our "Reader's Ride of the Week." It's super awesome.

DanV8olvo
DanV8olvo New Reader
8/10/16 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

Awesome, thanks for the recognition and providing this forum.

RarePizza
RarePizza
8/24/16 12:23 a.m.

What's up, my name is Trever. I'm from Ohio, currently I have an 08 wrx that is my daily and rally x car. Just picked up a $400 83 533i purchased deep in the mountains of WV with a crazy story to go along with it. Needs a brake bomb and a few other things but it does run and drive, it's gonna be another rally x car. I also have my dads 68 Chevelle. 327, California car, gonna pull the motor and start the slow process of getting it road worthy again after sitting for ten years.

Shark_Bait88
Shark_Bait88 New Reader
8/26/16 1:47 p.m.

Hey guys! Been reading the magazine/site, browsing the forums, and listening to the podcast for awhile, but finally decided to join the forum actually. Live in the Chicago area, and drive my FR-S year round. It sees a lot of use as a daily driver, road tripper, autox car, track day car, and ice racer. Surprisingly more utilitarian than I expected it to be, and a blast in the winter.

Anyway, looking forward to being around on here more often!

Ed Higginbotham
8/29/16 12:08 p.m.

Welcome RarePizza and Shark_Bait88. Glad to have you here.

Woodsy
Woodsy New Reader
9/1/16 9:20 a.m.

Hi Everyone,

Am currently Khanacrossing a 2001 Peugeot 206 GTI and building an Holden ( Isuzu ) Gemini into an Improved Production Race car for next year ( Australia )

:)

Cheers! Josh

Crackers
Crackers
9/2/16 1:13 a.m.

Hello everyone. New member in rural central Texas about an hour east of Austin. I grew up neck deep in circle track/muscle car culture and have built multiple second gen Camaros and Chevelles but have always been a fan Japanese performance cars, Rally and road racing. Some time next week I start cutting up a Rambler station wagon with plans of grafting it with a Lexus SC300 and prepping it for DD use and some local low level Rallyx.

After it's done I'm going to start looking for a dedicated Rally car. Probably a FWD beater, or something else I can keep running with a bit of junkyard savvy.

I've been on the forum a lot lately and figured I'd join as I'm certain I'll end up with a million questions. Thanks for having me!

TyGystics
TyGystics
9/3/16 12:28 p.m.

Hey all! New user name to the forums. Was a member a few years ago under Cole_Trickle or something like that. Still in central NC. Its good to be back and Im looking forward to the shenanigans.

acheron64
acheron64 New Reader
9/3/16 10:30 p.m.

Looking at a budget hill climb build. Been a few years since I competed, historic rally mainly, you know those strange blokes at night with maps looking lost. Prefer to build something that is a poor choice. Nothing fitted the build as well as a '98 Hyundai Accent X3, pros light, small, no chassis electronics and no airbags. Around here airbags rule out fitting a cage as the roll cage is seen as an inferior safety device compared to an airbag :( according to the transport authorities. They also see inertia reel seatbelt as safer than harness lol. No money at the moment but we live in hope. Cheers David

Ed Higginbotham
9/6/16 10:09 a.m.

Welcome Woodsy, Crackers, TyGystics and acheron64! Hope you all enjoy it here.

TeamMC
TeamMC GRM+ Member
9/8/16 8:09 a.m.

First post, hopefully not last. Long time reader and a regular type of car guy. Like fun cars, but live a real life where I don't have as much money, space, time or most importantly skills to do cool car guy stuff. Jumped into the deep end of the pool and bought a cheap car that my son and I plan to drive from Idaho to the challenge this year. We did hit a little hick-up when the engine blew up last weekend. So now it will most certainly be a "challenge" just to get there. Stay tuned.

Ed Higginbotham
9/13/16 12:56 p.m.

In reply to TeamMC:

That's awesome! Keep us posted and you should absolutely post about your challenge road trip in the Trips & Adventures forum so we can all follow along. We'll see you at the challenge!

WAKman
WAKman New Reader
9/17/16 6:10 p.m.

My name is Terry, and I think I've posted once before, though I've been a reader since the days of Auto-X. I live in beautiful Mukilteo Washington (north of Seattle) and have a very patient wife, who is not into cars, and two grown up kids, who definitely are. My 22 yo son is a great driver who owns a 2000 BMW 328i, and my daughter is an engineer who worked at Tesla for 3 years before joining Microsoft. I have been a car builder, racer, and all around car freak all my life, and have drag raced and road raced for much of my life. I am currently a driving instructor.

My DD is a 2008 BMW 328i coupe, my track car is a 2009 Porsche Cayman S, and my wife drives . . . something. It's red . . . I think.

Terry

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/16 9:33 a.m.

Nice to meet you Terry! Welcome.

SoloOwners
SoloOwners
9/27/16 10:25 a.m.

Dale here. I'll be in from time to time. Retired. Just learning.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jejbifcmsqoV7ZgqzIkiFrG1IlY1R6maBF02ydKCFzxiJETOdIetSIKcgGHo9oRu