1 2
Blunder
Blunder New Reader
6/28/22 5:47 p.m.

I emailed Maximum Motorsports about using the stock bump stops and never received an answer. Do the stock front bump stops look acceptable to prevent bottoming out?  It's 1.5 inches tall. The rear konis came with bumpstops already. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/22 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Blunder :

Did you call/email Koni?

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
6/28/22 5:58 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

That would probably be the prudent thing to do. I'll send them an email. 

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
6/30/22 1:16 p.m.

I received an email back from KONI. I must say I was super surprised at the level of information and support there was in the email. It was rather incredible to get such a response. 

It turns out the front bump stops are generally reused. The rears for the foxbody don't include bumpstops or need them if the factory pinion snubber is in place and working. I ordered sn95 rears because I read from Maximum Motorsports that on a lowered foxbody they are a better choice. The sn95 koni rears do come with bumpstops so I used those. 

I forgot to mention in my email that I have Steeda sport springs so I did email them again just to make sure my setup is good to go and won't void the warranty. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/30/22 10:52 p.m.

In reply to Blunder :

I've found Koni shocks and good springs are tough to outperform on several cars unless you get really good, high quality, expensive coilovers.  Crap coilovers are far worse than good springs + Koni.  You are going to be surprised.  It will be a very different car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 8:59 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Blunder :

I've found Koni shocks and good springs are tough to outperform on several cars unless you get really good, high quality, expensive coilovers.  Crap coilovers are far worse than good springs + Koni.  You are going to be surprised.  It will be a very different car.

I second this and will add the Koni is one of the best at responding to customer questions. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
47Ll39O1eGFAbb05HHuVP15stpZh6wBRRBBoNOiITP11106f2Nmb9kV0amxq7eNp