1 ... 4 5 6
RX8driver
RX8driver Reader
3/1/23 1:50 p.m.

It's a low volume car that's only been rolling into customer hands for about 3 months now. There's not many out there. I put my name on the list the day before it was officially revealed (I was #2) and I put in the order back in the summer as soon as the dealer was able to (#1 on the list didn't) and I'll be getting mine in about a month. If anyone's serious about getting one, my recommendation is to get in line now, but I think most dealers already have long wait lists. A co worker of mine tried to get on the list a while after I did and was turned away as there were already more names on there than cars likely to be delivered in several years.

Berck
Berck Reader
3/1/23 7:41 p.m.

I got "in line" with a couple of dealers a couple days before you did.  Never heard anything from them.  If I can't buy one, I guess I'll just figure out how to work on the Focus RS now that the warranty is expired:)

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/8/23 4:24 p.m.

So my buddy at work finally caught me. 

He paid $5000 over sticker in NH, a place in MA wanted to add $10k to the sticker.

underpowered
underpowered GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/8/23 7:01 p.m.

Mine should be here next week.  We'll see.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/4/23 8:39 a.m.

Get one on Cars and Bids

calteg
calteg SuperDork
6/4/23 10:36 a.m.

I saw a base model on the road last week, first one I've seen. It was surprisingly subdued w/o the hood vents

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
6/5/23 9:22 a.m.

In reply to calteg :

It's definitely one of those "if you know, you know" cars. 

Berck
Berck Reader
6/7/23 6:46 p.m.

It had been a few months, so I clicked on a few cars on the Toyota inventory search to see if things are getting better.  They are not:

Totally honest dealer response: "The Corolla GR Circuit is a reserved unit that someone came in and requested this unit. It is a sold unit. To get one you must be willing to place a nonrefundable deposit of $1000 and hope that we get one awarded to us. These are a limited build and have a fair market value placed on them. The unit you saw sold at $55,103 plus fees and taxes. Wait time is between 12 and 18 months!"  (MSRP was $45k)

I'm guessing things will be a lot better next year.

underpowered
underpowered GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/23 8:29 p.m.

MSRP deals are out there, but they are hard to find.  The best way to find any availability is to watch the Toyota website for inventory, it seems to show before the dealer even knows they're getting one. And it seems to be a totally random allocation...they really don't have control over what they get or when.

I got lucky, got my preferred color and options for no markup.  It was 6 months from when I started to when I picked it up.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
6/7/23 10:17 p.m.

In reply to Berck :

A non-refundable deposit is a joke, stay far away from that dealership.

They are going to keep making these for at least several years, and while everyone that wants one may not get one right now, they will be way more available starting next year. 

Toyota's allocation system is frustrating, for dealers and customers. I got lucky and was able to grab the first one that came a local dealership, at MSRP, with no dealer add-ons or required financing through the dealer. With enough patience, anyone can get a similar deal but they may need to talk to a number of dealers and put down (refundable) deposits at a couple dealerships, depending on how picky they are on colors and trim, and wait a little bit longer. Unfortunately, it does seem to be region specific, with some areas like California being very difficult to get an MSRP deal, but I think it's still going to be attainable in time. 

Berck
Berck Reader
4/5/24 8:34 p.m.

Finally got a call from my local dealer who offered me his next allocation.  Put down a deposit on a Red Premium.  MSRP+$1k in delivery/handling fees.  Plus a bunch worthless port-installed "options" like $177 for "Black Lug Nuts and Wheel Locks".  So not exactly a steal, but no flat-out ADM.  It's already built and sets sail from Japan on Monday!

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/5/24 9:02 p.m.

We were just notified that we got a white Circuit Edition and it arrives 3rd week of April. I will let you know what we think of it, we've only test driven a Core. We will be autocrossing this car at Nationals this year and BTW we paid MSRP and not a dollar more

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gV7DVf3OghNXvIthPas57A6TFNSGAAX9BRkrBNN0ApZpHJlaedH1JqhXyPFiQhdh