1 2
CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/17/22 8:53 p.m.

Looking forward to this!

Maybe awesome adventures featuring GRM porsche will convince me the m96 isn't so bad?

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/22 9:59 p.m.

Dang. Very jealous. Please teach me your Porsche buying ways. I'll take that one in green please. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/18/22 3:08 a.m.

Nice score.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/18/22 8:48 a.m.

If I bought that car I would sleep in it...

Chazooo
Chazooo New Reader
2/18/22 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Erikl :

Believe the 997s and all the "Metzger" engined 911s (Turbos/GT3s) have dry sumps and don't have oil starvation issues.  Earlier 996s do, but that can be managed with a deep sump oil pan.  We're talking long duration g-forces like at Daytona's NASCAR turns, not the usual road course left and right turns, quick horseshoes, etc.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/19/22 4:07 p.m.
antonio said:

Congrats! The 997.1 series are absolutely great cars and still affordable. For the price of a newish hot hatch you can get a 911 that is still in great .......

2007 Carrera's are $50k cars all day long.  A cream puff like this is way more.  What hot hatches are you comparing it too?  A Jag F-type!!!!!!!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
2/23/22 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

You are correct, and we got the car at a 20% discount. Right place, right time.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
2/23/22 12:43 p.m.

Thanks for all the comments. We did look the tires over and they were not dry rotted. We also took it easy on mostly back roads coming home. 

We made it home without issues. The very next day, we had new tires from the Tire Rack shipped to their partner Discount Tire store.

I'll be writing more about this shortly. Bottom line, as you might expect... love this car!

BobbyBusso
BobbyBusso New Reader
12/19/22 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Yup, even expensive Michelin Pilots, or perhaps especially, will self destruct if they're old and/or driven on with low inflation pressures. I had one in great shape completely come apart on the freeway.  I had driven to a gas station at very low speed for less than a mile to get air. Then once properly inflated, I went on my way and kabloey, catastrophic tire destruction!  And on a 944 turbo too!  Michelins can not tolerate being driven on with low pressure, the belts just tear or crack. I thought with so many OEM fitments, they would be more durable. Great tires but be aware of this shortcoming. 

What brand are your's?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vvFCtbCbgoJVNIt6rjtOBv8LJLOAELlnYOMeXCYLwYA4BhhMBKplBKqv9HWbUI3C