1 2
j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
2/20/22 10:15 p.m.
Mndsm said:
jerel77494 said:

I'd love to try an Eagle Talon TSI.  Turbocharged, 5 speed, all wheel drive.  They were the scourge of the IMSA Radial Sedan series.  They were forced to run lower boost and narrower tires.  Not even 1st gen M3's could keep up!

They're a lot of fun. I'd own another one. 

I saw one competing today at Super Lab Battle at COTA, can't remember the last time I saw one on the street.

safetywork
safetywork None
2/20/22 10:38 p.m.

I found my "want" from HS a few years back....right around the same time another article on Grassroots was featured - 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo.  I must admit it was a bit disappointing when I first got it (someone said something about not meeting your heros?) but making incremental "updates" for the past couple of years has made it an interesting drive.  My wife, who wasn't thrilled about it, now prefers to ride in it when it's just the two of us.  

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
2/23/22 6:03 a.m.

Great story David - thanks for sharing. 

It's great to see reliving our old history and the youth today wanting to learn things "non digital".

Even our digital camera's now don't get attention because our phones take great pictures.

Going back for the car I couldn't afford - there were so many. I miss my 75 Camaro 350 4 speed and my 69 Impala 2 dr 327 from high school. I always wanted a big block 68 or 69 Impala with hideaway headlights. Also when the GMC Syclone came out, I could have worked overtime for the payment but the insurance was out of reach for someone young with speeding tickets.

elise1x
elise1x None
2/27/22 7:00 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

To just what interweb (website) are you referring?

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
2/28/22 12:03 a.m.

I lived with a 323 gtx long enough that I know I don't want to go back to that abusive codependent relationship. I mean yeah it *was* fun, yaknow, the good times....but then there were the not-good times..

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/28/22 8:09 a.m.
Jay_W said:

I lived with a 323 gtx long enough that I know I don't want to go back to that abusive codependent relationship. I mean yeah it *was* fun, yaknow, the good times....but then there were the not-good times..

Sounds a lot like my C4 ZR-1 experience.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
2/28/22 1:21 p.m.

Cameras - eventually got out of film some years ago along with those cameras, although I still have one - a Calypso  underwater camera made for Cousteau - after a year or two they sold the rights to Nikon and it came out as the Nikonos - the second (or first, depending on whether you view them as the same camera) underwater 35 mm camera that didn't need a separate housing.   Still have a few early digital cameras, since replaced.

Cars - missed out on some I really wanted. Had a shot at a Maserati Ghibli coupe with the 4.9 but made the 'sensible'  (in retrospect foolish) decision to sell the car I had first  (Jensen Interceptor convert) and missed out on it  Hate to think what it is worth today.  Lucked out and came across a Lamborghini Islero S shortly afterward and bought it so the car Gods were watching over me.

Always pondered owning a classic Aston, had to walk away from a race prepared early AC Cobra for $30K - wonder what that would bring today?  Everything I like enough to own seems to be too rare to find, although I have had a few of the rare ones (Swallow Doretti - one of 276, TVR Grantura Mk 3 (92 made) , the Islero (100 made), Jensen CV8 (500 made).

Guess I needed a farm with lots of dry barns and a giant bankroll to get all the cars I wanted at one time or other.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KgDBUtpiGSyvCcmORY7KSvAg9jtNqL4he6rhbOqGwdW3OdK2CQmeHfwTrq0DOaPH