1 2
NGTD
NGTD UberDork
10/17/18 8:27 p.m.
drsmooth said:

There used to be boatloads of Swift GT's (not sure the difference between gt and gti) raced and rallied in Canada. Not sure where they all disappeared to although I still see them once in awhile. When looking for my first car I test drove a GT. I was convinced the clutch was slipping. Years later talking to someone with a GT, they told me that they just really like to rev and it was likely the clutch wasn't slipping.

The last one running in Ontario was sold by the owner to a Chump or Lemons Team in the US. It disappeared across the border, never to be seen again. :-( 

CoreyS
CoreyS New Reader
12/6/18 11:48 a.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to CoreyS :

I've had both, back to back. There was no way on this planet a Swift is getting away from a C4 unless it goes down an alley that is only as wide as the mirrors. That wet noodle chassis is terrible. Great engine. Terrible platform.

Car vs car, you’re right.   I knew the confusing neighborhood amazingly well:  so turned off my Lights, zig zagged and created space. I blew by my house and hit my (back of the house) garage opener from the front of the house.  Then came back around and tucked into my garage. We used the emergency release to drop the door immediately.  It was an orchestrated getaway

:) :) :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7b9QUZbQs7rF8Ik24rlInfLCQvuz8w7h30FkPoIQEs2iTHTxyWATuQTi8QTsla0e