1 2
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/26/21 10:02 a.m.
feature_image

Why is the Mark IV Toyota Supra still such a desirable automotive icon? This bright-orange Supra used in a little-known film called "The Fast and the Furious" is at least partly to blame.

Although copied the world over, now is your chance to own a genuine, film-used Fast & Furious Supra that was actually driven by Paul Walker.

This particular …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/26/21 10:02 a.m.

surprise

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/26/21 10:35 a.m.

Guaranteed to be the most overpriced example of an already rampantly-overpriced car.

David S. Wallens
5/26/21 10:37 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

But it's an automatic with the lift-off top. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/26/21 11:20 a.m.

It is saveable!  There is no bling under the hood...  Interesting how the picture shows a shift knob and boot.

And BTW, it means nothing to me that this is from F&F.  No value added.  indecision

I wonder if the extra gauges actually work?  No need for them to in the movies for static shots.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/26/21 11:28 a.m.

A number two example is currently valued at $95,000; minus 25% for the auto, and that comes out to around $71,250.

Naturally, with rise in demand for Mk IVs, plus the value some might add on for its film legacy, and I wouldn't be surprised if this sells for more than number one money–$134,000.

Also worth noting, three Mk IVs sold within the last two years over on Bring a Trailer for well over $100,000. Of course, those were all "low mileage" examples.

David S. Wallens
5/26/21 11:32 a.m.

This is a six-figure sale. Not sure of the first digit, however. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/21 11:47 a.m.

Does it still have the 27 speed transmission?

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/26/21 2:15 p.m.

Where's the Flux Capacitor?  It must have one to be able to run a 10 second quarter mile in 3.5 minutes... 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see it bring over a mil...  just because of the provenance.  Many of the younger folks view Paul Walker much like us old farts view Steve McQueen.  People pay a LOT of money for famous cars, and this is without doubt Famous.  Does that make it F & F & F?  cheeky

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
5/26/21 2:40 p.m.

How many of these cars were there ?  most movies need back-ups or "crash dummies"

One old prop guy told me about building a corvette out of cardboard to push off a cliff and explode , because the original corvette they pushed off did not  dive off correctly and did not explode !

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
5/26/21 2:54 p.m.

I'm sure it will be great for the seller who hasn't even had the decency to change the factory original brake fluid.  It's just another well-thrashed Hollywood heap, IMHO.

As a side note, I just ran across a few eBay pages featuring original He-Man Slime in sealed containers for around $200.  Save your money, guys.

Vajingo
Vajingo HalfDork
5/26/21 3:06 p.m.

I sat in this car at the Nopi drag wars in St. Louis back around 2001. And I guarantee my sweaty ass stain is still in the driver seat

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/21 3:07 p.m.

Will pull 7 digits if they haven't repaired the scrapes on the underside of the front air dam cheeky

Vajingo
Vajingo HalfDork
5/26/21 3:20 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Will pull 7 digits if they haven't repaired the scrapes on the underside of the front air dam cheeky

And it will pull a premium before race wars

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/26/21 3:23 p.m.

I hear there is a potential problem with the manifold.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/21 4:07 p.m.

2JZ?

No E36 M3?

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/26/21 9:13 p.m.

I have a love/hate with F&F. However since I drove a yota pu, of course I'd be brand loyal and fall in love with the MKIV Supra. Videos and movies such as Getaway in Stockholm 2, and and Redline video series, I always thought I'd get one as my old man life-crisis car. That's apparently never happening. Still think it's a gorgeous car. Never ridden in one.

Thanks F&F for making this car unobtainium. I'm probably better off, since I wouldn't plan to do high-speed highway 70mph roll races.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
5/26/21 9:21 p.m.

How old are the tires? Too soon?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/21 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

He can only die once. No biggie. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
5/26/21 10:38 p.m.

Based on the few ex-movie cars I've touched, that thing will be a total roach.

They only need to look good on camera, moving, from 20' away. 

It's going through Barrett-Jackson so you won't be able to touch, crawl under, start or get in before you put your paddle up.

Auction listing doesn't specify that it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. No CofA, no value in it being an ex anything, it's just a story at that point. It may not even have a title.

Bid accordingly and don't be surprised if it's a parts car.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/21 11:24 p.m.

My chance to own?  Did I win megamillions?  I have no chance to own this.  But my chance to own it also matches my desire to own it, so I'm in luck. 

David S. Wallens
5/27/21 10:34 a.m.
thashane said:

I have a love/hate with F&F. However since I drove a yota pu, of course I'd be brand loyal and fall in love with the MKIV Supra. Videos and movies such as Getaway in Stockholm 2, and and Redline video series, I always thought I'd get one as my old man life-crisis car. That's apparently never happening. Still think it's a gorgeous car. Never ridden in one.

Thanks F&F for making this car unobtainium. I'm probably better off, since I wouldn't plan to do high-speed highway 70mph roll races.

FWIW, the fourth-gen Supra is as good as you'd hope. It's fast, it's comfortable, it still looks good.  And then there's that engine. 

We've had a few pass through here. Always a pleasure to drive. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/27/21 1:29 p.m.
Vajingo said:

I sat in this car at the Nopi drag wars in St. Louis back around 2001. And I guarantee my sweaty ass stain is still in the driver seat

Don't be shy; does that add to the value or hurt it?

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
5/27/21 2:12 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:
Vajingo said:

That depends, does anyone recognise Vajingo when he's walking down the street?

Also, need a C of A for the ass sweat.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/27/21 8:05 p.m.
ShawnG said:
thatsnowinnebago said:
Vajingo said:

That depends, does anyone recognise Vajingo when he's walking down the street?

Also, need a C of A for the ass sweat.

***Points*** hey that's the ass sweat guy

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jHdgEQ9EYwvKgLqkWCH8I459SPIhyxeK3rxWd7MJFF2tilpCzD1dv50x6oOQTOK4