1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/6/21 3:37 p.m.

New LED headlight is a nice improvement.

I blasted over to NPD to pick up a part I needed for the Cougar today.  Perfect vehicle for the trip.  I'm still very much a fan of this bike for me.  Plenty of power for me, great ergonomics, flexible enough with the panniers for a quick grocery trip or customer visit without being a 800 lb behemoth.   

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/14/21 10:32 p.m.

First on the road failure today.  I pulled out of a customer parking lot and got about 3/4 mile and the bike shut down.  I hadn't inadvertently hit the kill switch so I coasted a driveway to try and get her re-lit.  Punching the starter spun the motor but it didn't even cough.  I looked down to see fuel pouring out on to the exhaust.  Incineration didn't commence thankfully.   One of the fuel lines came off the tank fitting but I didn't have room to get it back on the fitting.   I pushed the bike to a business parking lot after confirming that the local Fastenal store had metric Allen wrenches on hand.   I removed the bolt holding the tank and lifted it up to access the fittings then reseated the offender.   A surface street route back to my house and everything held.  A 1 hour ride after dinner and no further issues.   Yay!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/4/21 7:01 a.m.

I rode out to see a customer last Friday as the weather was beautiful and one of the guys is a late 1970's Yamaha DT fan with one of every size in his collection.  I used the Beeline to get me to the site and removed it from the bike for the meeting.  After the meeting ended, I pulled it out of my pocket and the display was blank.  Anticipating the ride, I fully charged the device Thursday night and had only had it powered up for about an hour.  This thing uses very little power and has run for days without a charge previously.  Dang.  I reached out to Beeline Monday and am working with them now on a resolution. 

DylanWelch
DylanWelch New Reader
8/4/21 7:12 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

1970 Tamaha DT is a timeless beauty. :)

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/9/21 4:10 p.m.

Got a note from Beeline today that they have shipped me a brand new device!   I hope this one is longer lasting than the current unit.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/19/21 9:50 p.m.

New Beeline arrived today.  Charged it up for a few hours and then paired it via app after unparing the dead one.  I'll try it out tomorrow on a ride.  

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
8/26/21 1:31 p.m.

Really bummed to hear you're having issues with your Beeline. I haven't bought one yet, but so far the reliability in my sample pool is not good. You're the only one in that pool. wink

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/26/21 6:03 p.m.

Haha!  laugh

Replacement seems to be good.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/31/21 6:39 p.m.

Multiple rides over multiple days and it's working A-OK!   Ducati dinner GTG this Thursday.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/7/21 3:48 p.m.

Every month local craigslist has a red GT1000 it seems.  This month there is two of them, ONE being a silver

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/7/21 4:12 p.m.

Interesting pair of GT1000's there.  The silver one is using either the 5 spoke Marchesini wheels from the ST series bikes or some aftermarket OZ forged wheels in place of the wire wheels.  Lighter and capable of tubless operation unlike the stock wire wheels.  Termi exhaust, clip ons from the Sport version, and Ohlins rear shocks like on mine.  The red one has all the Touring add-ons-pannier frames, windshield and handlebar risers, Termignoni exhaust, and rear chrome rack/bag.  Both are significantly more money than I paid for mine and I hope they sell for asking price!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/7/21 4:16 p.m.

I am glad I got a red Ducati, though the silver-grey and the black with white stripe (not the black and tan) are very appealing to me.  I get the need for a red Ducati, but I like the lesser seen colors.  I especially like the dark blue Monsters and the yellow Sport Classic bikes as they are relatively rare in comparison.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/7/21 4:43 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I have had 8 ducatis. Currently 2 in stable. Always only had red/yellow . Now that i am getting old red/yellow doesnt appeal anymore. I want a white 1299 panigale next

both those 1000 wont sell. Way overpriced. Last one sat for 4 months and guy called me and said he would take my offer - but I walked away, as I bought the H1 that week 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/18/21 2:18 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Woah!  Nice!

Detroit Desmo group ride to Stockbridge for fall All Clubs meet.  Should be 4-5 hours of back road blasts and cool bikes.   Got my Cardo Pack Talk Bold installed on/in the helmet today.  We'll see how that works tomorrow with the group.  The smaller spring ride had 40 Ducati's rolling in together!  Perfect weather forecast so expecting a big turnout!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/19/21 2:31 p.m.

What a blast!  140 mile round trip all on back roads to a 300+ bike get together.   All brands, all vintages.  Good times!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/26/21 5:40 p.m.

Pics from last weekend. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/26/21 5:48 p.m.

I also located an OEM dealer accessory rear rack used on the Touring model of my bike.  The panniers have been very useful but sometimes are more than I need.  This rack will allow me to strap down a small bag or my waterproof briefcase if needed without putting on the panniers.  Not in love with it but should be functional.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/26/21 5:53 p.m.

So the group ride taught me a few things about riding in groups.  
1) don't ride with the fast guys.  The group I hooked up with had bikes with between 140 and 200+ hp (V4 Streetfighter and Panigale plus random late model 1200 Monsters and a Diavel).  I'm at 92 hp.  These guys vaporized on me a few times.

2) Under the right conditions even my old man bike will pull the front wheel nicely.  Didn't expect that!

3) Conditions noted above were both fun and a bit of work.  Fun first though.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
10/9/21 2:05 p.m.

I Inadvertently killed the battery a couple of days ago frown.  I pulled it out yesterday about noon and put it on my trickle charger.  This morning I bolted it back in and fired her up.  Oddly she kept stalling and wouldn't idle.  I geared up and headed downtown  for a ride around Belle Isle on this beautiful fall day.  After the oil temps came up I wound her up a few times.  Stopped on Belle Isle for a bit to check out the sights and no more idle issues.  That was strange.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/10/21 10:45 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Looks useful.  I'd want it black, good score

wawazat
wawazat Dork
10/10/21 7:10 p.m.

Thanks Jim.  It has been so far.  I bought this one as it works with the OEM bags and rack on the bike now.  I also have a black Hepco & Becker rear rack that won't fit with the OEM rack only their pannier rack.  I use the panniers I have quite often. And didn't want to give them up yet.  One day I'd like to buy the Hepco & Becker rack and the water proof hard cases but that's serious coin so not right now.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/10/21 11:48 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I've rigged the same universal Cordura saddlebags to all of my last 10 bikes and always have a bungee net for a cooler.   I've longed for a lockable, WATERPROOF, hardcase.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
10/28/21 8:02 p.m.

Detroit Desmo owners club meeting tonight at a local Italian restaurant.  Temp was 61 so I rode over.  It was only about 6 miles and it felt good as I haven't ridden in a few weeks.  Enjoyable meal and company then ride home at 57f.  Not to cold for a short ride on surface streets.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
12/9/21 7:39 a.m.

I found a good deal on some hard, waterproof, lockable side cases and am going to take a look at them tomorrow before the Desmo Detroit Holiday Party.   Should be fun as it's a great, diverse group of owners.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/17/22 8:21 p.m.

First ride of the season on the Duc!  72F in Detroit so I got the battery off the charger and installed it.  Two stabs at the starter button and she fired up.  
Last fall I found a good deal locally on some used Hepco & Becker 30l hard shell lockable bags.  Around Christmas I found a close out special on a Hepco & Becker lockable top case.  Thankfully Hepco & Becker still offers the steel racks to mount the side cases so I ordered them.  I already have their rear rack to mount the top case.  When the rear rack arrives I'll have 100l of loackable sealed storage bags.  As the rack mounts need to change, I'll lose the ability to use the OEM Ducati panniers unfortunately.  

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uYHzIUhu62ixU1KWbsG1PpvfRmFZd1NteKi8Eaf7u4C8gIjIXk3G5a4IV2bcN8qf