Caperix
Caperix New Reader
2/20/22 8:20 a.m.

I have a race only 2001 Honda rc51/rvt1000r track bike that sadly has no title.  I have accepted that at this point I don't get to the track enough to appreciate it & need something easier on consumables for the rare occasion I do get to the track now.

I have tried racing junk & local Craigslist with no luck unloading it.  I think wera has a forum so that is next, does anyone else have any other suggestions for selling a track bike?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/20/22 8:25 a.m.

I cant help you, but just want to say that bike has always been my unicorn. Always wanted one but never did. 

Do you have any pictures?

Caperix
Caperix New Reader
2/20/22 8:47 a.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/20/22 9:30 a.m.

I'm interested to see what the people say. I have a very good friend that has a similar situation with a ZX-10. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/20/22 11:51 a.m.

I assume you race with some local race organization, do they have a newsletter with a classified ad section?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/20/22 8:21 p.m.

This is going to sound off the wall but it just might worth looking in to. Email several of the more popular motorcycle podcasts and ask them for advice. I know there are a couple that whenever I have emailed them my correspondence was included and discussed on the next episode. The ones I would hit up are in order Motorcycles and Misfits, NoCo Moto and Highside/Lowside. There's someone out there looking for this bike, you just haven't found them yet.

I'd recommend the WERA forums. I'm not sure that either raresportbikesforsale.com or bike-urious.com would pick this up, but they might, it isn't much skin off your back to shoot them an email asking if they are interested, and what all is involved.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Add brap talk to that list. 

Caperix
Caperix New Reader
2/21/22 8:08 p.m.

Thanks for the sites, I will send out some emails

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/6/22 12:19 p.m.

Why no title?  In some places, it isn't that hard to get a title if you know how.  In Florida there is a service that can get a title for just about any vehicle that isn't stolen.  I've used it on several occasions.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lK2DpuA0DlFWL3Jgs62PSY3VufYUcw4ScBTDnHqjBSb2iMhcN4wsok6t1e7KWEWj