Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/19/21 5:09 p.m.

Been a good six years but she finally decided to give up the ghost.  Six years is an excellent service life in a motorcycle battery.  But I've heard even factory replacements don't last as long as the originals. 

Anybody have a favorite?

Thinking maybe going lithium for a little weight reduction up high in the chassis. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/19/21 8:18 p.m.

The exact same battery. You might find a "performance" battery that saves you a pound, maybe a couple more amps, but 6 years. You won't do better.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/20/21 7:18 a.m.

I've had great luck with AGM batteries and like Interstate batteries quite a bit. I'm pretty sure I got six years out of my KLR battery and they're notorious for charging hot and trashing batteries. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/21 7:53 a.m.

I've run a Deka motorcycle battery in the Abomination for years with no issues. It will even start a cold, cantankerous rotary without needing a boost. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
11/20/21 9:16 a.m.

The Energizer brand from Batt+Bulbs is a Deka w/ their label slapped on it. The price and convenience are tough to beat IMO.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/20/21 7:05 p.m.

Don't know if they make one for your application but I will only buy Yuasa brand batteries for my bike. Emma from Motorcycles and Misfits podcast, who has been a motorcycle mechanic for decades went into a very lengthy discussion on an episode on why it is the only battery she will use. SInce hearing that, Yuasa all the way. In addition, in the right accent with the right cadence when you pronounce the company name it sounds like you shiny happy person, I'm sold.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/20/21 7:07 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

That is the factory battery.  

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/20/21 7:14 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

That is the factory battery.  DO EEET!

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
11/20/21 9:14 p.m.

Yuasa = Deka. The former owns the latter.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pMxCJmh6FQgAlYgr8N7iVY0hK7cAJrG82CVnZQU5VGeEpyYroocmXqcSdX83Z9LY