Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
5/19/21 10:42 a.m.

I was stationed in Italy from 2010-2014.  Sometime around 2013 my wife and I went to the Ducati dealership in Firenze and I sat on a Monster 696 (she has a picture).  I have wanted one ever since.  A couple years later after getting my motorcycle endorsement I test rode a Monster 1100 Evo at the dealership in Pisa.  I had a permanent smile on my face from that thing and I was hooked.  It was almost like they obtained a mold of my rearend when they designed the seat.  It was amazing, and that is before even mentioning the thump-thump look-at-me sound from that L-twin that could only come from one place.  Fast forward 8 years and I finally got one.  I would have prefered red but this was a left over 2020 model that I feel I got a pretty good deal on.  This one is mine.  Picking it up in a couple hours.

Here is the 1100 Evo

And here is the very first Monster I sat on all the way back in 2013.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/19/21 2:47 p.m.

Nice!  Maybe you could find someone who has a red bike and wished it was white - the tank, tail piece and fender would be easy enough to swap.  If not, changing the color is just a paint job or a vinyl wrap away.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/19/21 2:55 p.m.

Nice score!  Congrats!

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/19/21 4:36 p.m.

Those trellis frame Monsters have always appealed to me. Good for you!

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
5/20/21 10:28 a.m.

Very nice. I like the white paint, you don't see it a lot on bikes. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/21 10:33 a.m.

My current desktop background...

You could say I've been lusting after one for awhile now as well

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
5/20/21 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

If it ever stops raining I can go take a couple new background pics for you, lol.

I brought it home last night and got it unloaded this morning.  I went for a quick ride before the rain starts again.  It's WAY too quiet so I got a HP Corse slip on ordered for it.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/20/21 6:53 p.m.

Looks great! I've always been a big fan of the Monster.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UZlLNLU8dee30LbYIqsfIiH8yFIj2pn4fEtWf3grMAaygKGA6UB4Ocpzq1SZsf7r