Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/21 9:02 p.m.

after my health scare last year, I Decided to build a hot rod. So- I did. 

Deco frame and bars courtesy of Chad degroot of Mr. BS fame, s&m pitchfork so I could run front brakes, full profile drive line and profile stem, sun big baller hoops and ti spokes. 

I spent a long time putting this all together. I bought the bars almost two years ago, and the frame not long after that. It's a little special to me at least, because it's the last deco frame anyone is going to see for the foreseeable future, other than that, I just threw as much premium at it as I could. Eventually I might even be able to ride it. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/28/21 9:41 p.m.

That. Is. Rad.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/28/21 9:47 p.m.

Im just happy to see you back!

Hopefully you're getting back to normal 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/28/21 10:23 p.m.

Welcome back you beautiful bastard.

Watch out for Team Mongoose when you hit up Helltrack with that new whip.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/21 10:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Physically, yes, I'm there. They've marked me as recovered, which is apparently not a thing. The rest of it is up for debate. Got fired for rabblerousing at work, and have decided maybe the general public just isn't for me. I tend to get in trouble for starting E36 M3 and standing up for myself when others wouldn't. It's cost me a few jobs at this point. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/21 4:44 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Physically, yes, I'm there. They've marked me as recovered, which is apparently not a thing. The rest of it is up for debate. Got fired for rabblerousing at work, and have decided maybe the general public just isn't for me. I tend to get in trouble for starting E36 M3 and standing up for myself when others wouldn't. It's cost me a few jobs at this point. 

Glad to see you back. 

As for the rabblerousing, you just described my dad. He was a union activist, who stood up against the red scare movement in the fifties, and a civil rights activist in the sixties, when we had a cross burned on our lawn. 

It's not easy, but somebody has to be willing to stand up.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Tell your dad thanks for fighting the good fights. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
12/29/21 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

That build is rad AF. Hoping things continue to improve for you.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/29/21 10:42 p.m.

Since it's late and I can't sleep, I'm gonna try and remember the parts list. 

Frame- deco street, 21" tt. 

Fork- s&m pitchfork, 14mm dropouts, 990 mounts.

Bars- deco genius 10" rise.

Grips- s$m "money" grips, glow in the dark. 

Stem- profile mulville push aqua 48mm

Headset- deco 

Brakes/levers- Odyssey Evo 2.5 f/r Odyssey m2 levers, Odyssey black/glow cables, Odyssey slim x4 pads, fit gyro. 

Wheelset- sun big baller hoops, ti spokes, profile elite front hub, profile elite cassette 9t driver  (angry beeeeeeezzzzzz. Seriously I've had several people stop me just so they can hear that hub). (Yes, the wheels are worth more than my jeep) cult x vans 2.4 tires, cult butter pegs X4.

Driveline- profile column 165mm bossless cranks, 22mm profile spindle, 22mm profile galaxy sprocket, cult halflink chain, deco hybrid pedals. 

Seat/post- deco quilted, cinema seatpost. (I may change it if I can find a shorter one that looks cool. It's bottomed out in that picture).

I quite literally built this thing in my living room. I do not own a bike stand, so there were parts all over my coffee table and floor for like a week. Cats love brake cables. I bought several new tools, and right before I was fired, managed to fabricate my own bottom bracket press and press my own bearings at work, instead of being a good slave. It may not seem like a lot, but it's something I've always wanted to do. And with everything that's been going on EVERYWHERE, I figured I might as well enjoy it, for whatever time I might have left. 

Life's too short to what if. Build cool E36 M3. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9I2jiMMCLnSf7K9BU5zFVE6My3YscqOJiAWiXLQYiGe7en9zoqYA5epT2Byl3uNp