1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45
EricM
EricM SuperDork
6/26/21 7:24 a.m.

The squishy

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
6/26/21 9:21 a.m.

Unfortunately no more Motorcycles for me. 

I rigged up a backpack for my oxygen tanks and now I have a PPV.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
6/27/21 6:21 p.m.

Cleaned up, new saddle, new grips, swapped over some parts.  I'm keeping an eye out for a 1x10 drive train 

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
6/28/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to donalson :

Yep, Its a combination of  a '89 Katana 750 and a same generation Katana 600.  It is my first frame up build.  This is the build thread, but I need to update it.  https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/the-problem-child/176759/page1/

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/29/21 6:03 p.m.

Finally got some pics of my street triple pirate edition somewhere outside of the dealership and my garage

Pirate edition you say? Yes! It's the arrrr!

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/29/21 6:51 p.m.

That's a sexy bike. Love it.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
6/30/21 9:47 a.m.

My new (to me) bike.

2019 Stumpjumper Evo 29r

My first full suspension bike and first 29r. Loving it so far. Also came with a Fox coil that I have not tried yet. Jumping is crazy on it, it just absorbs bad landings. All ready have more miles on it then I put on my old hard tail all last summer.

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
7/5/21 6:17 p.m.

I took some real pictures of the Monster this weekend.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
7/7/21 1:13 a.m.

Sometimes you get them so dirty you have to remove all the plastics to get the mud off ...

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
7/8/21 8:56 a.m.

In reply to RichardNZ :

Good times right?  What kind of jack is that?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/8/21 11:42 a.m.

After 4 long months, the new toy finally arrived. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
7/8/21 3:58 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

I vividly remember my first track session on my '06 GSX-R1000.  It was my last track bike, and I thought it was insane 15 years ago.  It's hard to imagine what ~50 more horsepower is like with today's literbikes.

Ride safe and enjoy! yes

Slippery
7/8/21 5:15 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

My '00 R1 with ~155hp is a rocket lol, this is on a different level and I am glad it has the electronics that it does.

Limited to 8k until the first service at 600 miles and then the dealer will unlock it.

Only rode it a mile as I had to go back to work and had my cousin take it home for me. He was on cloud 9 and will probably sell his S1000R soon lol. Will report back this weekend, but so far the quick shifter is a game changer.

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
7/8/21 5:47 p.m.

What is it?  ( I can't see any pictures)

Slippery
7/8/21 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

BMW S1000RR

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
7/8/21 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Nice.  When those came out it seemed like the perfect bike for the Isle of Man TT.  Then, Michael Dunlop gets one and starts dismantling lap records.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
7/12/21 3:15 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

In reply to RichardNZ :

Good times right?  What kind of jack is that?

Definitely good times - three days away from home with a great bunch of guys from all over. Only the last day was a real slush fest - not often you need full revs in 4th gear just to get to the start of a section on more or less level ground smiley

Jack is a local product but I'm sure they are not unique to NZ and as you can see in the pic they are probably pretty easy to make, I can take some measurements if you like.  They don't lift particularly high and I doubt they would lift anything heavy, the Vertigo is 145 pounds,  the Yamaha is over 180 and it definitely needs more leg input.

cheers

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/21 5:15 p.m.

Getting lunch in the rain. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/21 8:25 p.m.

I kind of want to change the gear set. The low is a 49 tooth gear, and I really only need a 46, plus the shift in some gears seems to be a bit off for my level. My cadence goes from 95 to 70 in some of the gears, and I'd prefer to change cadence from 95 to about 80 on an upshift.

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified HalfDork
7/24/21 7:09 a.m.

Mrs. Modified is currently traveling thru Africa. She sent me this photo of ingenuity in action. The kids riding these scooters are also the builders!  Very impressive use of found materials.  Complete with brake from a re-purposed flip flop!

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/21 9:01 a.m.

^ Sporting a custom inverted triple tree. wink

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/21 4:45 p.m.

Hard to follow the African scooter...but here's my "new" bike. My 2007 Rocky Mountain ETSX-30, just rebuilt with a NOS 2007 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 frame. So it's not really new, just the frame is. After 13 years of the bike being bright green, it's weird to ride grey. 

Definitely not the latest tech, but since the original replaced a fully rigid Stumpjumper I'm okay with it. I like the size of 26" wheels and the rear suspension on this thing climbs great. It's a dual wishbone while most bikes are on struts.

When this is your backyard, you don't have to obsess over tech to enjoy a ride :) The trailhead is 7 minutes from my house.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/26/21 1:38 a.m.

I made a build thread but I'm pumped so I'm adding this one in here too.laugh

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
7/26/21 7:29 a.m.

Thinking about cleaning and syncing 6 carbs makes my soul hurt.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
8/4/21 10:57 p.m.
EricM said:

Cleaned up, new saddle, new grips, swapped over some parts.  I'm keeping an eye out for a 1x10 drive train 

Now with shimano ZEE Freeride. 32 in front. 10 speed 11-36 in rear

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TS3tMjPwgaDIeU0qwC4UPlHp5hA62iHKOSc1FAQxqEy5TeANIxZslWB1hQrXyyz2