1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/22 7:51 p.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

You didn't find that at the swap meet in York yesterday by chance did you?

1/24/22 7:57 p.m.

Speaking of which...

I was warned by a half asleep SWMBO not to come home with another motorcycle. 

Oops devil

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
1/24/22 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E (Forum Supporter) :

Why yes, Yes I did!

1/25/22 9:01 a.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

Thought that looked familiar! Nice find, I was eyeing that one up myself for a minute or two, but alas I've had my eyes out for a cheap dual sport for a while now and the KLR250 fit the bill. What a cool event, though, I could have easily come home with a few more. Will definitely be back again. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/22 3:52 p.m.

Don't know if/when last I posted a pic of my bike in here. Here's a pic from last summer of my heavily modified CCM SL2:

It's had a few more mods over the winter and will be out in its Final Form this summer, I'll post some fresh pics then.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/26/22 5:05 p.m.

Well, Friday I owned zero bikes. Saturday I owned 2. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/26/22 5:35 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

More info... on the truck as well!

Left bike is a cruser, or older standard - Honda by a glance at the front wheel. Other is a sport bike of some type?

In reply to iansane :

Woot woot! Hope you have fun with them! Looks like the start of great things...smiley

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

I'll be happy to update you as I get some miles on it, presuming I get some miles on it. The Aprilia SXV550 is a longtime dream for me, and probably the most fun-to-ride bike I've ever experienced (provided the bike is warmed up, and the weather isn't wacky, and traffic is light) but to-date it has also had some sort of issue as often as not, and when ~half your rides end in mechanical trouble...tough to enjoy the fun moments. I keep telling myself we're still working out the kinks from buying at the lower-middle  end of the market, with a relentless train of knuckle-dragging previous owners who had it for one ride (but 3-6 rounds of tinkering and fiddling) and that someday soon we'll get over the hump and things will get more and more reliable! smiley I guess time will tell... frown That said, I have no idea how it makes my Husky 701 Supermoto feel stodgy, pudgy, and plodding, but it does, even with a 180 rear tire (to the Husky's 160)....this bike is alive!!!

iansane
1/28/22 11:47 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to iansane :

More info... on the truck as well!

Left bike is a cruser, or older standard - Honda by a glance at the front wheel. Other is a sport bike of some type?

1981 cb750c (in pieces) for my girlfriend on the left. A buddy bought this years ago, it stalled and he never finished putting it back together. It won't get a full cafe treatment but I'll get it running and just strip off a bunch of appendages to make it less refined for her tastes.

2002 vfr800 also in pieces from from forum member ae86andkp61 on the right. Again, a stalled project with complicated past but a bit more complete. Some wiring issues and a cracked frame. I haven't tackled the wiring yet but I welded the frame back together. This came with a ton of extra parts! I kind of want to do a streetfighter look with it...

1997 f350 7.3 4x4 XLT with a 5 speed. What a fricken workhorse. I picked it up with a grenaded auto trans. Like, the case was cracked all the way around near the transfer case adapter. Manual swapped it and even with 340k it just pushes on. Up until now I've just been using it to tow my mother's boat so she can waterski. It rides like trash but always starts!

iansane
1/28/22 11:48 a.m.
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to iansane :

Woot woot! Hope you have fun with them! Looks like the start of great things...smiley

Thanks man! I will. Already jumping in head first.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/29/22 9:43 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

By 81, the cb was somewhere between a cruiser and a standard, so I guessed pretty good!

Is the 350 a standard cab, or the looooong 4dr? Nice to have an ol' workhorse around  

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
1/29/22 11:20 p.m.

In reply to foxtrapper :

Great off roading the Harley!! Last summer I drove my 13 Road King on a gravel road but it turned into an adventure on a rough dirt "road". Had a great time. Was a very big change of pace from babying it on pavement. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
1/29/22 11:24 p.m.

Here is my 13 Road King.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/29/22 11:34 p.m.

"New" beater CT200 coming home today.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
2/13/22 11:30 a.m.

A page or two ago I mentioned my desire to go desert racing.  Got a CL alert for a "$500 Ossa 250" out near the coast on Friday, and just happened to be in the van with a ramp at the ready.  3 hours later I was loading up this 1975 Ossa Desert Phantom.  This specific model was absolutely on top of my "Most Wanted" list.

Gotta finish up some other projects first, but I think I can have this ready to race for the Desert 100 in April.

I need to make some hard decisions and start thinning out the fleet a bit.  I'm completely out of places to hide motorcycles from my wife.  blush

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/22 12:36 p.m.

^ Sweet! Motorcycles are funny because normally I dont want to organize the garage but when I buy another motorcycle, I clean and organize the garage in such a way that a new bike is no longer an inconvenience to get around for the old lady. I keep finding space to tuck *one more* in when really there is none. 

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
2/13/22 8:34 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Typically I would agree, but I would be fibbing if I told you I wasn't over max capacity here.

Currently seven bikes in the garage, plus what's in the shed...

Anyway, snuck out of work early and bounced off some rocks on the TL today.  My buddy Matt is less than enthusiastic that I keep showing up to our trials dates with 45+ year old motorcycles.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/22 8:54 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Looks like there is space for at least one more bike in there. 

henryG12
henryG12
2/20/22 3:33 a.m.

gasstations-nearme.com

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/5/22 1:14 p.m.

1976 BMW R-90 made into an S clone by adding a second disc up front, the bum stop seat and fairing.  I swapped the Bing carbs for flat slide Mikunis, K&N filter and liberated the stock exhaust a bit.   I painted it a Porsche grey.  (was black and beat).

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
3/6/22 12:38 a.m.

dvdmickler
dvdmickler None
3/8/22 7:04 a.m.

Here's nice collection of bike pics. I'll be sharing mine in a while...

the_machina
the_machina Reader
3/8/22 9:40 a.m.

Here's my first bike, taken out for a camping trip:

Here's the GS on the way home from picking up the fiancee's new bike in Chattanooga:

And here we are on the day that we upgraded to being hitched:

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/8/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Understated and very classy... 

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ymkcFPQD9VmbMyNngXIyZKhEry4v5hsXwug0uw639zaWaw9kx1zuxXMTIeurXUkP