1 2
e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
8/25/14 5:45 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to JFX001: Bridgestones? The Revo may be better than the old Dueler, but my Jeep came with Duelers when I got it, I don't remember them being called Revo, though the tread pattern looks the same, and I hated them. Slicked over with mud at even the thought of getting off the pavement, wouldn't clean out, and were weak/puncture prone. I replaced an entire set 1 at a time before the final blow out, when I said screw it, and I got the Sportkings I mentioned earlier. I hated my Bridgestones so much that I always un-check their box when shopping on Tire Rack and it's been 10 years or more since I had them. I guess I hold a grudge.

Don't judge them by what the OE tire did. OE tires are not built to Bridgestone's specifications, they are built to the OE manufacturers specifications by whatever tire manufacturer had the best bid. An OE version will be built to ride a certain way & look a certain way on a test drive/showroom floor; not perform to its best once you've bought the vehicle. OE dueler's last at best 30k. At best. The Revo2 is about as good a compromise between legitimate off road performance & on road drivability as you can get. I could go on & on about why, but trust me when I say as far as Bridgestone's R&D money is concerned, its the baby of their off road line. Personally, I prefer the Destination A/T or the grabber's.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
8/26/14 9:44 a.m.
PseudoSport wrote: I'm running 265/75R16 Discoverer A/T3 on my Comanche and like them so far. Decent grip in the rain compared to a few other AT tires I’ve run.

I just saw your truck... And I realized it looks familiar. I recognized the wheels!

I drive by that truck twice a day! I always crank my head around trying to get a better look at it!

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
8/26/14 10:14 a.m.

Cool, where are you from? If you see me working around the yard feel free to stop in and say hi.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
8/26/14 11:57 a.m.
e46potenza wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to JFX001: Bridgestones? The Revo may be better than the old Dueler, but my Jeep came with Duelers when I got it, I don't remember them being called Revo, though the tread pattern looks the same, and I hated them. Slicked over with mud at even the thought of getting off the pavement, wouldn't clean out, and were weak/puncture prone. I replaced an entire set 1 at a time before the final blow out, when I said screw it, and I got the Sportkings I mentioned earlier. I hated my Bridgestones so much that I always un-check their box when shopping on Tire Rack and it's been 10 years or more since I had them. I guess I hold a grudge.
Don't judge them by what the OE tire did. OE tires are not built to Bridgestone's specifications, they are built to the OE manufacturers specifications by whatever tire manufacturer had the best bid. An OE version will be built to ride a certain way & look a certain way on a test drive/showroom floor; not perform to its best once you've bought the vehicle. OE dueler's last at best 30k. At best. The Revo2 is about as good a compromise between legitimate off road performance & on road drivability as you can get. I could go on & on about why, but trust me when I say as far as Bridgestone's R&D money is concerned, its the baby of their off road line. Personally, I prefer the Destination A/T or the grabber's.

OE tires on a '97 TJ would have been some flavor of Goodyear Wranglers, whoever owned the Jeep before me put the Bridgestones on it, and they were the worst tires I've ever had.

Now our Jetta came with Bridgestone Turanzas, they weren't the worst tire I ever had, but when it came time to replace them at around 40K miles, I had no intentions of getting another set. They were replaced with some Continental Extreme Contact DWS, far superior tire to the OE Bridgestones.

Bridgestone may have come out with the best tire ever since my horrible experience with those Duelers, but it would still have to be one heck of a sales pitch to convince me to buy them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled A/T tire discussion.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
8/26/14 1:26 p.m.
PseudoSport wrote: Cool, where are you from? If you see me working around the yard feel free to stop in and say hi.

East Bridgewater, I work round the corner (on 139).

Yeah, I just might stop by! (But not stalker type "stop by"!

e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
8/29/14 8:50 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote:
e46potenza wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: Bridgestone may have come out with the best tire ever since my horrible experience with those Duelers, but it would still have to be one heck of a sales pitch to convince me to buy them. Now back to your regularly scheduled A/T tire discussion.
Come see me at work sometime and I'll see what I can do
e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
8/29/14 8:50 p.m.

I seem to have placed my own post into a quote. I don't understand the internet

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
72pvdK0zq0va24cZQ536SEeQ5ZPhbRTNfpuGhtRXAuAHBlQH9bbuPqw6beEGX3Th