1 2 3 ... 11
stroker
stroker UberDork
9/12/21 6:24 a.m.

My search is coming up with nothing.  Do we need or want one?  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 8:24 a.m.

Hard to talk trash when your team was 1-15 last year. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/12/21 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Some of the best trash talk I ever had was when I lived in Michigan.  As a Browns fan the smack talk with Lions fans was who sucked more.  At the time the Lions guys could hold their 0-16 season over me.  When Cleveland went 0-16 after a 1-15 year the jokes really heated up.

Personally I am really looking forward to all the Bills Mafia tailgating videos now that they are expected to be good.  Time to buy stock in folding table companies!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 9:43 a.m.

Are they still playing football? The NFL completely disappeared from my radar last year. 

How long until we have a game where there is a flag on every single play? It's the NFL ref equivalent of a no-hitter. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/12/21 9:59 a.m.
Stampie said:

Hard to talk trash when your team was 1-15 last year. 

Hard to talk trash when your team was gutted by the previous regime and will be lucky to win 4 games.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/12/21 10:07 a.m.

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!

That's all I got. Maybe I'll watch a game this year?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/12/21 10:23 a.m.

Yeah this season is already off to a horrible start and we haven't played the first game yet. The Rams are going to destroy the Bears tonight.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/12/21 10:26 a.m.

Let's just keep Russell Wilson upright this year. Ok?

ive got low expectations. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 10:29 a.m.

My team had 2 players tear their ACLs just reading this thread. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/12/21 11:45 a.m.

Football, you bet!

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/21 11:58 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Are they still playing football? The NFL completely disappeared from my radar last year. 

How long until we have a game where there is a flag on every single play? It's the NFL ref equivalent of a no-hitter. 

The Saint's Superbowl Robbery of 2019 was the end for me.  (I'm from the New Orleans area)

NFL Saints robbed in NFC Championship game due to shocking no call – LA Rams into Super Bowl | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 3:45 p.m.

Watching an NFL football game has become similar to watching golf for me: A waste of time during which I could've been doing something more fun.

If they could get a televised game down to 90 minutes, kickoff to end, that might help things out a bunch. That might also help get the announcers from talking so damn much about nothing between plays.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 4:26 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!

That's all I got. Maybe I'll watch a game this year?

Looks like my Jags and your Jets are in a race to the bottom again this year.  Wanna bet on who get the #1 draft pick in the spring?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The Jets proved this past year that they even manage to fail in securing the #1 pick. They're the only franchise capable of getting losing wrong. 

Keith Tanner
9/12/21 7:09 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Watching an NFL football game has become similar to watching golf for me: A waste of time during which I could've been doing something more fun.

If they could get a televised game down to 90 minutes, kickoff to end, that might help things out a bunch. That might also help get the announcers from talking so damn much about nothing between plays.

60 minutes of game clock time plus 20 minutes for halftime - yeah, maybe if they didn't stop the clock they could get from start to finish in 90 minutes. But that's not how football works at any level.

Looks like the Broncos have a new QB. Must be another rebuilding year :)

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
9/12/21 7:33 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

60 minutes of game clock time plus 20 minutes for halftime - yeah, maybe if they didn't stop the clock they could get from start to finish in 90 minutes. But that's not how football works at any level.

Seems to be headed in the other direction.  Fox was jamming in an extra commercial between first downs if the chains were being re-set.  Fortunately, my Lions will be out of the playoff hunt in about 3 weeks, so I won't have to put up with it for long.  Somehow 3 minute pregame, 5 minutes of commercials, kickoff, 5 minutes of commercials, 3 and out (we're talking the Lions here), 5 minutes of commercials, etc., etc. just isn't enough apparently.   frown 

Folgers
Folgers New Reader
9/12/21 7:38 p.m.

I own a portion of the packers. 

They have to beat the bears. 

That is all I require of them. 

Keith Tanner
9/12/21 7:56 p.m.
kazoospec said:
Keith Tanner said:

Seems to be headed in the other direction.  Fox was jamming in an extra commercial between first downs if the chains were being re-set.  Fortunately, my Lions will be out of the playoff hunt in about 3 weeks, so I won't have to put up with it for long.  Somehow 3 minute pregame, 5 minutes of commercials, kickoff, 5 minutes of commercials, 3 and out (we're talking the Lions here), 5 minutes of commercials, etc., etc. just isn't enough apparently.   frown 

As someone who doesn't watch broadcast tv other than F1 (thank you Mothers) I agree that the breaks are out of control for football. I was just pointing out that 90 minutes was probably a little difficult to reach with the current rule set. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/12/21 8:18 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stampie :

The Jets proved this past year that they even manage to fail in securing the #1 pick. They're the only franchise capable of getting losing wrong. 

Beat me to it. I was gonna take them to get 3rd pick. Haha

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
9/12/21 8:19 p.m.

I'm normally prepared to talk a lot of crAp. Being a ravens fan transplanted into Ohio it's one of my favorite hobby's. But losing 3 running backs and your #1 cornerback the week before the season starts is rough

thankfully Cleveland threw away the win so those fans will stay quiet this week 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/12/21 8:38 p.m.

My team (Lions) may have lost, but at least we didn't get blown out of the stadium by Jameis Winston like a certain team from Wisconsin and their prima donna QB. laugh

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 9:06 p.m.
jharry3 said:
Keith Tanner said:

The Saint's Superbowl Robbery of 2019 was the end for me.  (I'm from the New Orleans area)

NFL Saints robbed in NFC Championship game due to shocking no call – LA Rams into Super Bowl | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I remember watching that live and thinking that was a huge mistake. And I wanted the saints to win it too. What a disaster.

stroker
stroker UberDork
9/13/21 6:09 a.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

My team (Lions) may have lost, but at least we didn't get blown out of the stadium by Jameis Winston like a certain team from Wisconsin and their prima donna QB. laugh

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/13/21 9:38 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Gees. Did they ever. That was PAINFUL to watch especially since the first half went about as perfect as it could. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/21 10:09 a.m.

At least we confirmed that the Bears move from Trubisky to Dalton was a step in the wrong direction. The rest of Chicago is still waiting for Pace and Nagy to figure that out.

1 2 3 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aioNInI5ZhwsH4HKKnRO1Oud4Ri8oTp7fh0TPq8QfLzFQeLuDyASRaRwp8VqNchp