I wanted to throw things at my tv. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
2/13/22 8:47 p.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/13/22 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I saw that and it made me chuckle... but let's face it - there has been dancing on Impala hoods in rap videos for decades. It wouldn't surprise me if builders reinforce the hoods for that use.

I'm not really a rap fan, but it seemed like a decent performance.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/22 8:49 p.m.

After seeing all of the cars in white my first thought was they were junk cars prettied up for the Super Bowl.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
2/13/22 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Possible... but these days a junk car that is clean enough to be prettied up for TV use is clean enough to be restored.  Who knows... they could have been Dre's and Snoop's personal cars.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
2/13/22 9:11 p.m.

Last night about 11pm there were four 1963 Impala convertibles  driving down the Freeway by the Stadium , I wonder if they had something to do with this ?

PS......I am not watching the game , no TV .....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/13/22 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

That would make sense why no one hit switches then. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
2/13/22 9:19 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

No TV either.  Yahoo Sports app on my phone. ...sitting in front of my keyboard as I type this.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/13/22 9:36 p.m.

A non-restorable 64 Impala CONVERTIBLE?!?

I am not sure there is such a thing.  Especially one that doesn't fold in half when you roll it 10 feet or dance on the hood.

I wonder if they put some sort of cover / reinforcement on the hood? I certainly hope the owners where aware of this.  It is pretty common for cars being loaned out to movies etc. to be abused well beyond what the owners would prefer.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
2/13/22 9:41 p.m.

I'd think they were shells, and if they got damaged, there's plenty of $ to fix them in that crew

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/22 10:00 p.m.

The refs always win.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/13/22 10:06 p.m.

That ended the way I wanted it do, now Cincy and Burrow need to come back and win it!

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
2/13/22 10:09 p.m.

I wanted to see one of those Impalas do a three wheel roll. The halftime performance was solid. Rams pulled it out at the last minute. Wasn't for a lack of trying on Bengals part. 

Decided to give a nod to Stafford and Michigan and have a New Orthodox M43 during the game.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/13/22 10:13 p.m.

Well, the Bengals were the Bengals at the end.  And my wife lost a sewing needle in the couch.  So, not a great night.

superfund
superfund New Reader
2/13/22 10:16 p.m.

Welcome to the bungle

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/13/22 10:18 p.m.
Javelin said:

The refs always win.

I realize the refs owed them a call but to give them one that resulted in four extra tries at 6 points was too much. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/13/22 10:26 p.m.

Very happy that Stafford is a Superbowl champion. He may have just punched his ticket to Canton, too.

But next year I hope the Rams have the mother of all Superbowl hangovers so the Lions get a better pick. laugh

stroker
stroker UberDork
2/13/22 10:26 p.m.

Cincy defense was stout.  Really impressive.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/13/22 10:53 p.m.

Good game, ended about how I thought it would. Seems no one has figured out how to stop Stafford to Kupp this season without drawing some laundry. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
2/14/22 12:24 a.m.
dxman92 said:

I wanted to see one of those Impalas do a three wheel roll.

I was expecting Dre and Snoop to each get in one and drive off the field at the end. Opportunity missed, if you ask me...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/14/22 9:27 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:
Javelin said:

The refs always win.

I realize the refs owed them a call but to give them one that resulted in four extra tries at 6 points was too much. 

Yeah, for the refs to be that quiet the entire freaking game, and then to throw multiple flags against the Bengals for little touch interference calls really made it look like the refs won this one.  Fortunately, I didn't really care who won, but it didn't show the refs in a good light.  The fix was in!

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/14/22 10:24 a.m.

As a Browns fan I think it's best to have the Super Bowl in Cleveland, given that the hometown team will never make it and will avoid the controversial advantage. laugh

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qHspgiYL0iC4ra4ZT8ZTjHc9dX7hxljWh4MWKgdHujG3BVEZINa9TQGvdv306kdp